Promising players - potential stars

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
John
:::Handball Expert:::

Promising players - potential stars

Postby John » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:59 pm

The biggest disappointments topic made me think about opening this topic. I was looking on the forum to see if there is a topic like this and i didn't find it. So, not to be negative and talk about disappointements only, here is a topic where we can discuss potential future star players.
Hit the comments with your opinions. :D

gyms
Handball Fan-atic

Re: Promising players - potential stars

Postby gyms » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:09 pm

John wrote:The biggest disappointments topic made me think about opening this topic. I was looking on the forum to see if there is a topic like this and i didn't find it. So, not to be negative and talk about disappointements only, here is a topic where we can discuss potential future star players.
Hit the comments with your oppinions. :D

It is dangerous, cause XY is a potential star today, tomorrow will be a disappointed player in the second league somewhere in Europe. We all could mention 20-30 examples. :)

Joana
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Joana » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:17 pm

Of course, a player mentioned here will more than likely end up in the Biggest flops thread some time in the future, but it's also what makes it fun. :p

I really like what I saw of Anne Mette Hansen at WCh, so hopefully she doesn't go the way of Thomsen and Sjøberg who belong in the other thread.
Anđela Janjušević was among the rare bright spots on Serbian team, the raw talent is definitely there but she desperately needs to move abroad after this season in order to make it happen. Otherwise she'll become Jovana Risović, who is definitely flop material at this point.
Monika Kobylinska seems really interesting. To a somewhat lesser extent Aleksandra Zych does too. Poland seems set on RB position for quite a while.
Women's World Volleyball Championship
20.10.2018, Yokohama (JPN)
1. Serbia 2. Italy 3. China
The history is made. Thank you, girls!

Germanicus
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Germanicus » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:43 pm

Every one that saw the recent WCh can list some names: Đurđina Jauković, Anna Vyahireva, Anne Mette Hansen, Kelly Dulfer, Xenia Smits. My personal favorite is Monika Kobylińska from Poland. I followed all the main youth tournaments in the last 5-6 years and I knew all listed players well, and my only question was WHEN would they start the shine in senior level. But I must admit I've never heard of this Polish girl.

And additionally I agree with Joana. Anđela Janjušević is very talented (it was not the first time I saw her playing ;-)), but in order to be a real star she must leave that pathetic (sorry) club and change to a better league, to a better team. A really big club would be a too big step but I'm sure she could find a proper club in Hungary or Germany for example.
Last edited by Germanicus on Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In conclusion, I declare that EHF must be destroyed

John

Postby John » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:44 pm

Joana wrote:Of course, a player mentioned here will more than likely end up in the Biggest flops thread some time in the future, but it's also what makes it fun.

Exactly :)

I agree with Janjušević and Risović. Ever since i saw Andjela last year against FCM i was impressed, and she is a great potential, hope she developes more. Risović caught my eye in 2012 semifinal MNE-SRB. She was Serbia's best player who actually had some great saves, she especially saved many shots of your favorite player Katarina Bulatović. And then Bosković benched her for no reason in the second half, weird decision, but it's Bosković.

Monika Kobilynska is also an interesting player. Had a good tournament and pre-tournament.

Let's see.. hm... Tess Wester... Hope she stays as good as she was on WCh.

Anna Mette Hansen is promising.

Dorina Korsos was good last season, haven't seen much of her this season, but sure looks promising.

Jovana Kovačević... The first time i heard of her was last summer, when i read an article on Balkan handball about her being the best serbian junior player who will be the leader on Euro in Valencia. Serbia was in group with Montenegro so i had a chance to watch her and what i saw really impressed me. I also saw her on several Budućnost's trainigs she was excellent.

Another player is Jessica Quintino. She had two good season in Lublin aand was ok on WCh.

Matea Pletikosić. I first heard of her when Budućnost announced her transfer and Wbk was speaking highly of her. I saw her on some trainings and in CL she looks very interesting..

Emily Bolk from Germany ia also a great potential.

Ekatarina Ilina. Having a great season in Rostov and a good WCh.

Montenegrin youngsters. I hope they continue with hard work, without pressure and the results will come. The whole generation is promising i really hope they will grow up to be great handball players.

Germanicus
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Germanicus » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:47 pm

About Bölk and Ilina: Bölk is too young (17) and Ilina is too old (24) to be a potential star, in my opinion.
In conclusion, I declare that EHF must be destroyed

John

Postby John » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:54 pm

Germanicus wrote:About Bölk and Ilina: Bölk is too young (17) and Ilina is too old (24) to be a potential star, in my opinion.

Jauković is 18, Pletikosić is 16.. And the topic is also called promising players and Bolk surely is..

To be honest i first heard of Ilina last year, so she is quite new to me :) Before that i didn't know anything about her. So if she continues on this level she will be a star.

Wow, i completely forgot about Vyakhireva. That girl is amazing!!!

heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Postby heavenly » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:15 pm

Kristine Breistøl has big potential. Maybe she should leave Larvik if she wants
more playing time.

Besides, I think Althea Reinhardt can become a strong keeper that Denmark would
need in the coming years.

Too young or not, I also consider Helena Elver as a potential star. I enjoyed to watch
her playing the U17 Euro this summer. I only hope she will escape from big injuries
in the future. Because it seems all the good Danish playmakers are cursed in senior
level...
Last edited by heavenly on Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Gojira
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Gojira » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:20 pm

Antonina Skorobogatchenko from Dinamo-Sinara. She's only 16 and she's a very bright prospect. And several more players from the very young Dinamo side. Also Teodora Keramichieva from Vardar junior, she was quite impressive in the ECh qualification.

Shelvin85

Postby Shelvin85 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:05 pm

Some promising Norwegian players, IMO:

Anniken Obaidli, Molde HK (PM) - born in 1995, scored 59 goals in 9 matches for Molde HK. Already made her debut for Noway NT. Will probably be a part of the team in Euro 2016. It seems like Tomac was picked over her for the WhC.

Marie Henriksen, Byåsen (PM) - born in 1993 and has been one of Byåsens best players for years. A huge talent. Sadly ridden by injuries. If, or when, she'll get her health on the right track everyone better watch out. At her best she would be the first choice playmaker of the Norway NT.

Vilde Ingstad, Oppsal (LP) - born in 1994. Was a part of the Norway team at WhC. She is the most talented pivot in Norway as we speak. Will probably be our next Løke, or maybe a Løke/Frafjord hybrid since she's stronger in defense already. Hopefully she'll take over for Wibe sooner rather than later.

Maria Hjertner, Byåsen (RB) - born in 1996 i think. Right back that might become a star if she works hard. She is not a new Mork by any means, but she has talent. She was better last season than this season, but the potential is there anyway.

Line Ellertsen, Glassverket (LB/PM/RB) - only 16 years old and plays her first season for Glassverket. Apperantly she shoots with both hands, equally well. She's a regular in the 98 NT, scored 137 goals in 24 matches. She's got the potential to be on Mork-level, if she avoids injuries and makes the right career choices.
Last edited by Shelvin85 on Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

John

Postby John » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:22 pm

This is also a great topic where we can read and hear about some players we don't have the opportunity to watch so much. If a club buys some of these players we will at least know something about them. :)

red and white
Handball Fan-atic

Postby red and white » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:23 pm

I think the brightest stars have already been mentioned and I agree with the choices.

Focus on Denmark I would mention the following players that I´m quite certain will be future NT-players:

Mie Højlund, 1997, leftback, Randers HK. She pretty much decided the U19 EC semifinal and final this summer.
Sara Hald, 1996, pivot, Team Tvis Holstebro. ALL STAR player from U19 EC and a great two-way-player.
Althea Reinhardt, 1996, keeper, Roskilde. A great prospect - for me the most promising Danish keeper I´ve seen for a very long time.
Mette Tranborg, 1996, Rightback, SK Aarhus. 1,92 m tall - but a skilled two-way-player. Already played about ten matches for the senior NT.
Lærke Christensen, 1996, Rightback, SK Aarhus. Her arm reminds me of Dalby´s, but she´s a more complete player (has an ACL-injury at the moment)
Helena Elver Hagesø, 1998, Playmaker, Copenhagen. She was awarded MVP at the U17 EC this summer and has some extremely impressive footwork.

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:17 am

There are several prospects in HC Odense, of the most promising I'd mention:

Maria Adler 1992 (SWE, LB, alot of physique and great shot, but has been fighting with injuries)

Nadia Offendal 1994 (DEN, PM, W17 ECH MVP 2011, fast, great on breaktrough and assist, smart player, out with ACL)

Line Haugsted 1994 (LB, great shot but also good on breaktrough, haunted by injuries)

We can only hope they'll overcome the injuries but there's alot of potential at least...

CSM Bucharest

Postby CSM Bucharest » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:39 am

To me, Kobylinska is nothing special. But hey, what do I know? I only watched the Polish and Dulfer for instance. And TESS WESTER, of course. Dulfer is indeed a potential star in defence. From the Romanian side, Laura Chiper for instance. Much better than Kobylinska, she could reach the level of Nechita and has the style of Herrem. Even on the left side, there is Ana Maria Tănăsie. I am simply impressed with her but I am not sure she can keep her form. For Chiper and Buceschi I guarantee. Buceschi looks like a very promising player, Chiper as a future star if a big Romanian team would sign her. From the Russian team, I am impressed with the development of Vyakhireva and Ilina is very promising. Also, Laura Glauser possibly.

Shelvin85

Postby Shelvin85 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:14 am

Shelvin85 wrote:Some promising Norwegian players, IMO:.....

Added some info on the players.
Especially hopeful regarding Obaidli, Henriksen and Ellertsen.

RomaniaWCH15
Regular

Postby RomaniaWCH15 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:25 am

From Romania, there are some potential stars:

Laura Popa - RB - she has a very powerful shot, I will compare to Katarina Bulatovic. She played at Carpatian Trophy against Brazil and there she showed a lot of positive things. Now she is in Cluj playing for U Alexandrion Cluj.
Cristina Laslo - Center- Popa's team mate, she has an impressive intelligence, good shots, awesome assists and very usefull when she is getting to the 6m line.
Bianca Bazaliu - LB - she was the best LB at the Wch U19 last year. Now CSM has her but she is playing in the first division...I don't know why CSM bought her if she only travel with the big team, few minutes in the national league, hope she will not become a nice ''souvenir''.
Lorena Ostase - Pivot - very similar to Oana Manea, alsoshe was the best pivot from the Wch U19 last year...Currently she play for Unirea Slobozia.

Joana
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Joana » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:39 am

John wrote:
I agree with Janjušević and Risović. Ever since i saw Andjela last year against FCM i was impressed, and she is a great potential, hope she developes more. Risović caught my eye in 2012 semifinal MNE-SRB. She was Serbia's best player who actually had some great saves, she especially saved many shots of your favorite player Katarina Bulatović. And then Bosković benched her for no reason in the second half, weird decision, but it's Bosković.

I'm afraid Risović is simply too short to ever be a truly elite keeper, but there's no reason why she wouldn't be a very good one. She needs to get serious about her career, though. Her physical shape leaves much to be desired and I think her decision to prolong with Radnički says a lot about her mentality and ambition. It feels like she's satisfied being a "star" on a lower level instead of challenging herself and moving forward. That needs to change.

I'm skeptical about Russian youngsters because as I said in the other thread, so many of them show amazing stuff in their early days and then simply fail to build up on that. I don't think even Postnova, Bliznova and Andryushina really achieved everything they could, not to speak of the younger generation like Khmyrova, Sen, Davydenko and the gang. I just hope that trend will be reversed.
Women's World Volleyball Championship
20.10.2018, Yokohama (JPN)
1. Serbia 2. Italy 3. China
The history is made. Thank you, girls!

Gojira
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Gojira » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:03 am

Joana wrote:I'm skeptical about Russian youngsters because as I said in the other thread, so many of them show amazing stuff in their early days and then simply fail to build up on that. I don't think even Postnova, Bliznova and Andryushina really achieved everything they could, not to speak of the younger generation like Khmyrova, Sen, Davydenko and the gang. I just hope that trend will be reversed.

You are right, but we are talking about potential. They have that. Whether they will be stars, that's another story.

dydiana
Extra Member

Postby dydiana » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:59 pm

From what I've seen at the WC, I'm really excited for Eliza Buceschi. I think she's explosive when she gets in attack, hopefully a bigger club will sign her next season, currently she's playing for Thuringer \:D/

omak
Extra Member

Postby omak » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:56 pm

Joana wrote:
John wrote:

I'm afraid Risović is simply too short to ever be a truly elite keeper, but there's no reason why she wouldn't be a very good one. She needs to get serious about her career, though. Her physical shape leaves much to be desired and I think her decision to prolong with Radnički says a lot about her mentality and ambition. It feels like she's satisfied being a "star" on a lower level instead of challenging herself and moving forward. That needs to change.

I first heard about Risovic in 2012 on the EURO. I immediately though that she could be the new Tomasevic. But probably it is true what Joana is saying. Here on my mind comes that serbian (or Balkan :D ) saying: "Bolje prva na selu nego zadnja u gradu", which roughly translated would be "It's better to be the best in the village than to be the worst in the city".
It's a shame, she's good!

I will add some Macedonian girls to the list.
First of all, Sara Ristovska from HC Vardar. Fast, good technique, not scared. She just needs playing time to become great.
Then Teodora Keramichieva from HC Vardar Junior, who has a great jump-shot, even though she's not that tall.
Some mention HC Vardar's keeper Dragana Petkovska as a very promising girl, but I haven't seen anything special from her yet. Maybe she can learn something from Suslina and Leynaud before they leave, so she can ante up her game. We will see.

Kiddo
Extra Member

Postby Kiddo » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:52 pm

Considering norwegian prospects, I think it´s strange Stine Skogrand haven´t been mentioned. The leftie prospect did not exactly play badly in her first WC. She will leave Tertnes most probably after this season, hope for Larvik, have a feeling she will end up abroad. I also would like to mention Larvik´s Vilde Ingeborg Johansen, 94. Says a lot that she becomes the only other lp along Marit Malm. Along with Skogrand and Johansen, Breistøl (Larvik, probably the most interesting young player in the Norwegian league along with Skogrand), Ingstad (Oppsal), Aune (Oppsal), Obaidli (Molde), Holte (Sola), Kristiansen (Glassverket), Henriksen (Byåsen), Hegh Arntzen (Byåsen), Jacobsen (Byåsen), Hernes (Byåsen),Hjetner (Byåsen, Marie Davidsen (Tertnes), Roll Lied (declined LArvik...)... The list goes on. a Lot of strong Norwegian prospects, many can go straight into the Norwegian NT. Like Skogrand, Ingestad and Arntzen already did. Breistøl needs to get her knees under control, when that happens, she would be included in the NT straight away. How she scored one goal after the other on Kathrine Lunde (Rostov match) says a lot. But a 2XMørk/2XSolberg prospects... Not sure if any of the talents mentioned might be, time will tell, many has the potential to!

Fabbr
Extra Member

Postby Fabbr » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:59 pm

A player not listed here, yet: Gabriela Toth.
From Brazil, I think that currently there is only one potential star (not just world class, but a star): Bruna Paula, specially if she could shift from RB to CB as soon as posible.

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:34 pm

A final tournement at Comanesti (RO) juniors 14-15 years was won by Valcea . Valcea beat Phoenix Baia Mare,CSM Bucuresti (tidest score ,only 4 goals),Danubius Galati, Slobozia and again Danubius Galati in the big final. Corona Brasov beat Slobozia for third place.The best player on her side and goalgetter of the tournement was Alicia Gogarla.The best tournement player was Ana Neagu CB playmaker of Slobozia.
Alicia Gogarla has 1,83 height (14 years) and she is a lefty. The proud of her mother Simona Gogarla. Another daughter of another star mother player is Sorina Tirca (18 years) and she is a right hand thrower unlike her mother . There are some voices that tried to show that the girls are favourised because of their famous mothers but believe me I saw them on ground and besides this ,their statistics talks enough about their talent and potential. Is a common prejudice that the talent is not a familly heritage but this cases let's say are the exceptions.We will see Sorina Tirca in Slovenia tournement...

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:38 pm

Handballer families :
Attachments
mariana-tarca-cu-fiica-300x199.jpg
mariana-tarca-cu-fiica-300x199.jpg (18.9 KiB) Viewed 2255 times

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:46 pm