OltchimRmValcea wrote: OltchimRmValcea wrote:
Group B (the toughest one)
1. NOR - I expect to lose some point(s) in this group but also to win championship. again
2. HUN - Kim is a specialist in world cup and HUN should be a hard nut to crack this time
3. SWE - don't know how strong they are
4. POL - very solid in friendlies (not sure how reliable is)
Czech Republic is a nice team, but I think they had bad luck.
I should have shut up my mouth.
CZE looks really good.
Norway lost accidentally points. Then, it's very hard to win 4 tough games in a row for anybody.
Sure, Hungary is a hard nut, below average team that will be woken up by still a pretty average France. But France has Darleux, a left back, a Lacrabere with experience, a solid pivot and good wings. Plus Niombla can also show up. We shouldn't also exclude Pineau. Plus France can improve. We will see if they will, but in my opinion even if they will look good against Hungary, it will be because of the opponent. That path is anyway filled by average teams. Maybe just Sweden are different, if they play like tonight.
You will see where Hungary stands against France. Moreover, Czech Republic is the poorest team present in the Round of 16. But I do enjoy Jerabkova. Czech Republic needs a coach. This Czech coach thaught them to play healthy, but they are doing way too many mistakes. Because they can't learn from him how to deal with this kind of top class opposition.
I don't have anything against Hungary, in fact I supported them today, but they play a very mediocre handball.
Let's recap Rasmussen's work (although I respect this man for CSM):
* didn't stand a chance against Czech Republic and Denmark at Euro, but qualified from 3rd place to the Main Groups after a win over Montenegro B; does better in MR groups, losing by 1 against Norway and drawing surprisingly against Russia, but got demolished by Romania; 12 place out of 16 teams
* this time in Germany 2017, he had a lot of time to prepare the NT since he was not also a club coach; what did he get until now? clear loss to Norway (could have been +16-18 imo easily for the Norwegians but they stopped), loss against a very mediocre Sweden (maybe Oltchim friend didn't watch Sweden before how mediocrally they played), wins against Poland and Czech Republic (that's not much considering Hungary has a very powerful championship); so nothing special at the World Championship... and if he will lose to France, he will imo, they will end maximum 11th!
I don't think Hungary are playing bad, but their fans are having expectations. The squad is far from perfect, but also not mediocre at all. Rasmussen should bring them to top 8 at least, otherwise they will be unsatisfied. Probably some Hungarians think they can still reach medals with these players, but they are delusional with all due respect. They need time and a lot of work. Rasmussen could be the right coach, but until now he can't beat Sweden or couldn't beat Czech Republic before. I didn't watch the game against Poland, but against Sweden with many mistakes, they were not even close. Czech Republic were too poor, Hungary normally could have won by +7-8 easily but they had no constancy.