Danish League 2017/2018

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
maz
Extra Member

Re: Danish League 2017/2018

Postby maz » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:01 pm

Sooooo. Who the hell is going to win it this year?

Anol
Extra Member

Postby Anol » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:48 pm

Since esbjerg won't make it far enough to run into them again, Copenhagen will win :p

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:21 am

I think København's consistency will take them far but I think Odense will win it this year - mostly because of Althea Reinhardt in goal.

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:51 pm

Player of the season in Aarhus: Celine Holst!

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:26 pm

So Aarhus United has most of the squad locked down for the next season.

Right now they still need to find a left and right wing. Sofie Olsen would be a dream signing to pair up with Charlotte Lund. Sophia Snogdal could also be a possibility to bring back to Aarhus on the wing. It would be nice to see some of all the Aarhus talent return home at some point.

The team looks like this as of right now:
GK: Ditte Vind, Anne-Sofie Ernstrøm
LW: June Bøttger
LB: Julie Pontoppidan, Sofie Flader
PM: Simone Petersen, Anne Berger Wierzba
RB: Birna Berg, Nicoline Olsen
RW: Charlotte Lund
LP: Celine Holst, Majbritt Toft

Still some holes to fill out but the main base is under contract right now which is the most important thing. Flader, Pontoppidan, Petersen were the key players in the backcourt to re-sign and it will be interesting to see Wierzba if she gets extended playing time.

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:42 pm

Next year the play offs for you @maz, a piece of the fun stuff 8:) Although it can be very damaging to your health too with all the stress :lol: Seriously, I'm glad Aarhus can keep on developing their players. Hopefully they can add layers next season.

Can't wait for the next thriller in the play offs. Probably NFH-Esbjerg? I hope they will keep this design!

A Liscevic interview in English for those interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWo-LDcKuDI&t=41s

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:32 pm

masch1 wrote:Next year the play offs for you @maz, a piece of the fun stuff 8:) Although it can be very damaging to your health too with all the stress :lol: Seriously, I'm glad Aarhus can keep on developing their players. Hopefully they can add layers next season.

I really hope so. It would be so nice to have playoff-handball in Aarhus but I think it will be even harder next season. Randers will be better so Aarhus will have to improve a lot. Not unlikely that a big leap will happen though :)

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:13 am

maz wrote:
masch1 wrote:Next year the play offs for you @maz, a piece of the fun stuff 8:) Although it can be very damaging to your health too with all the stress :lol: Seriously, I'm glad Aarhus can keep on developing their players. Hopefully they can add layers next season.

I really hope so. It would be so nice to have playoff-handball in Aarhus but I think it will be even harder next season. Randers will be better so Aarhus will have to improve a lot. Not unlikely that a big leap will happen though :)

What about Silkeborg? Will they be stronger or not? Losing Skogrand should be a challenge for them, but we've thought that before and Andreasen always manages anyway.

NFH-Esbjerg was just as dramatic as expected. The red card for Vilde after 3X2 min. already in first half was probably decisive, but Jakob Larsen says it was also part of his strategy to isolate her. Esbjerg also seems to have a habit of making some really big mistakes in the last, decisive minutes, probably because they are tired. Now Esbjerg has to hope CPH beats NFH at home, and CPH might rest some profiles.

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:11 am

I think Silkeborg will be weaker but not a lot. Skogrand is a massive blow but Sofie Bæk is running that show and as you said. Andreasen will always find a way to make his team perform.

It will be interesting to see what KBH does in their match against NFH. It would make the most sense to rest players and not take any chances but comments like the ones Jakob Larsen has been making, suggesting KBH should definitely rest their players, would have the opposite effect on me :lol:

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:35 am

maz wrote:I think Silkeborg will be weaker but not a lot. Skogrand is a massive blow but Sofie Bæk is running that show and as you said. Andreasen will always find a way to make his team perform.

It will be interesting to see what KBH does in their match against NFH. It would make the most sense to rest players and not take any chances but comments like the ones Jakob Larsen has been making, suggesting KBH should definitely rest their players, would have the opposite effect on me :lol:

Yes Sofie Bæk has been brilliant this season. She can still cut some TFs away, but what a development. I wouldn't have thought just last season.
I also just read that tv2sport has information that S. Müller is going to Silkeborg. But I don't believe she can completely fill Skogrands shoes.

Claus Mogensen has stated now that he doesn't have players that are much in need of rest and that they will play to win. But one thing is what he says, another is of course if he will play the profiles full time. Also NFH with the back against the wall might have an easier time to put themselves up for the match.

It seems Blomstrand had her comeback against Randers. Good news.

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:46 pm

So the 1st DM semifinals:

Saturday, 5th of may:
14.10 København-Viborg
16.10 Odense-Esbjerg

Personally I hope Odense and København will go to the final, because I want Odense in Champions League (but I would like København to win the gold this time). Viborg are so unpredictable though, it's a bit scary :D And Esbjerg can also play at a really high level, if they have the energy for it.

It's a pity that Sofie Bæk probably won't get the topscorer award now. Unless they only count the regular season? But it's an exciting new initiative that there will be a handball awards gala.

red and white
Handball Fan-atic

Postby red and white » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:31 pm

masch1 wrote:Personally I hope Odense and København will go to the final, because I want Odense in Champions League (but I would like København to win the gold this time). Viborg are so unpredictable though, it's a bit scary :D And Esbjerg can also play at a really high level, if they have the energy for it.

Copenhagen and Odense in champions league would be very cool. New teams and new players are always a nice addition for this scene and in addition to that I think both teams will have wide enough rosters to play well both in the European and domestic league. Copenhagen could use a better offensive leftback though (maybe AM Hansen could come back on loan).

I really, really hope Odense will pass Esbjerg in the semifinal, but if Esbjerg play at their best level they can challenge the relatively young team of Odense. But of course I´m going to cheer for a team consisting of exciting Danish talents and NT players playing against a team with pretty much no Danish players (except Sandra Toft).

Viborg could surprise against Copenhagen. They have a very physical strong backcourt with Jørgensen, Haugsted and Strömberg + Line Uno at her best is really high class. Copenhagen lacks quality players in the offense.

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:45 am

I really can't see Esbjerg threatening Odense. I get that you always have to be prepared for if Esbjerg plays lights out and Odense doesn't perform but it just doesn't seem realistic to me. Right now there is a massive difference between these two teams. Odense is peaking at just the right time and they are finally clicking with all their players. They all contribute right now and it's a pleasure to see. In my mind they already have booked the first spot. Hopefully Esbjerg can make it more interesting than I think.

Viborg and Copenhagen. I really want to see Viborg in that final. They are, with Silkeborg, the most exciting team to watch for me. They just have an effortless style of handball and who doesn't want to see Kristina Jørgensen and Line Uno in Champions League? That would be the perfect platform for them. It will be close. I really think it will come down to whether or not Uno performs. Without her they are way too static. So if she can perform in the semi-final, I believe it will be very tight.

masch1 wrote:It's a pity that Sofie Bæk probably won't get the topscorer award now. Unless they only count the regular season? But it's an exciting new initiative that there will be a handball awards gala.

Yeah. That will be cool. Even if Sofie Bæk doesn't win the topscorer award, she is the MVP for me this season with Rej a close second.

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Tue May 01, 2018 4:49 pm

I agree that with Odense and perhaps København in Champions League we might for once have 1 or 2 teams that can avoid the usual exhaustion in CL in the spring. But yes, Copenhagen needs another left back. And they are also fragile on the PM position if Rej wouldn't for some reason be able to play. Kragballe has been a good back up in the league but I'm not sure it would be enough for a longer period and/or in CL. After all Rej has a major part in the attack.

I really enjoy seeing Odense play too at the moment. Fast, entertaining passes and goals, a strong defense and a team that seems to have a good teamspirit. And no taking risks with injuries (of course they have more alternatives so they don't need to).

However if Toft has a day where she closes the goal, Odense could panic and then I think Esbjerg could surprise. But of course Odense is the favourite.

I like Viborg's team this season but I don't think they are stabil and wide enough to play both CL and the domestic league. And in the second match against Vipers the defense was really exposed.

For me the MVP is Rej, Vikki or Skogrand. Looking at the MEP list Rej is leading it very clearly, but of course it has it's lackings too. It shows how stabil she has been though.

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:49 pm

The allstar team of the regular season based on the statistics:

GK: Sabine Englert, FCM Håndbold, 40,21 MEP
LW: Ann Grete Nørgaard, Viborg HK, 52,61 MEP
LB: Stine Jørgensen, Odense Håndbold, 60,11 MEP
PM: Mia Rej, København Håndbold, 74,92 MEP
RB: Stine Ruscetta Skogrand, Silkeborg-Voel KFUM 64,47 MEP
RW: Ayaka Ikehara, Nykøbing Falster Håndbold 41,56 MEP
LP: Sarah Iversen, Nykøbing Falster Håndbold 64,04 MEP

Video with the statistical allstar team: https://youtu.be/iFZxDTaaPQo

The allstar team selected by the players will become public at the award show on the 4th of june in Viborg.

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Sat May 19, 2018 7:52 pm

I'm really impressed by the newly promoted teams and their off-season additions - especially Aalborg. They already have a base of players with Laura Lund, Line Berggren and Julie Aagaard, but they continue to add to that with Emma Friberg, Mathilde Storgaard, Anne Brinch and now Katja Ryesberg. Exciting to see Anne Brinch and Katja Ryesberg now become the primary wings on a team in the League.

Skanderborg more quiet but they are once again going to bring an influx on young, exciting talents into the league. Last time they introduced Kristina Jørgensen to the league, this time I think the player will be goalkeeper Anna Kristensen, who is extraordinary. Other talents like Ida Gerdes, Josefine Thorsted and Sofie Schelde-Rasmussen will probably get some exposure and playing time. I'm always excited to see the new talents take on the challenge. Skanderborg will provide that.

Some people are against 14 teams, but I can't wait for the new additions. These teams are for me more exciting to watch than the top teams :D

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Sun May 20, 2018 8:09 pm

maz wrote:I'm really impressed by the newly promoted teams and their off-season additions - especially Aalborg. They already have a base of players with Laura Lund, Line Berggren and Julie Aagaard, but they continue to add to that with Emma Friberg, Mathilde Storgaard, Anne Brinch and now Katja Ryesberg. Exciting to see Anne Brinch and Katja Ryesberg now become the primary wings on a team in the League.

And now Cecilie Thomsen. They are assembling the good old SK Aarhus u18-team. Delightful :p

Anol
Extra Member

Postby Anol » Sun May 20, 2018 8:45 pm

you are not bailing on Aarhus United now are you Maz :p

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Sun May 20, 2018 9:34 pm

Anol wrote:you are not bailing on Aarhus United now are you Maz :p

I would never! but they are certainly bringing in players that I enjoy rooting for, so I hope they make it work in the League :D

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Postby HB9 » Mon May 21, 2018 10:15 am

I am still patiently waiting for the day when maz will be unhappy with a transfer. :D
idle banter.

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Mon May 21, 2018 4:03 pm

HB9 wrote:I am still patiently waiting for the day when maz will be unhappy with a transfer. :D

:lol: :lol: I try to mainly focus on the good transfers. I don't want to spread too much negativity :p

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Wed May 23, 2018 11:56 am

Interview with Tess Wester (she was at the match in Odense last night): http://sport.tv2.dk/haandbold/2018-05-2 ... ens-bedste

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Mon May 28, 2018 8:45 am

DANISH CHAMPIONS 2017/2018: København Håndbold, as the first club from København to win the Danish championship since 1989. Big congrats! And so deserved after leading the league most of the season and winning the regular play. What an exciting final! 8:)

Also congrats to Odense and Viborg with the silver and bronze medals and to Esbjerg for putting up a great fight in the semis and bronze matches =D>

My team of the season would be:

GK: Sandra Toft (Esbjerg)
LP: Kathrine Heindahl (Odense)
LW: Stine Knudsen (KBH)
LB: Veronica Kristiansen (FCM)
PM: Mia Rej (KBH)
RB: Stine Skogrand (Silkeborg)
RW: Jessica Quintino (Odense)

Best defender: Kelly Dulfer (KBH)
MVP: Mia Rej (KBH)

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Mon May 28, 2018 10:11 am

The golden tigers now :p

Our teams differ quite a bit, Masch, as they should. But I can't really argue against Rej as the MVP anymore. She has clearly shown her importance and as she said herself, she has been "k**f God" this season 8:) Taking her team to the championship, she has established herself as THE player in the league right now.

GK: Cecilie Greve (NFH)
LP: Sarah Iversen (NFH)
LW: Freja Cohrt (Odense)
LB: Kristina Jørgensen (Viborg)
RW: Ayaka Ikehara (NFH)

Best defender: Kelly Dulfer (KBH) and Sofie Flader (Aarhus)

Mixball
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Mixball » Mon May 28, 2018 8:11 pm

Yep well done København håndbold =D> =D>

And who says bronze finals has to be dull. Viborg and especially Line Haugsted was in for now or never. =D>
My team of the season will be a combination of the teams of @masch1 and @maz, - how original of me :-" ;)

GK: Sandra Toft (Esbjerg)
LP: Sarah Iversen (NFH)
LW: Freja Cohrt (Odense)
LB: Veronica Kristiansen (FCM)
RW: Ayaka Ikehara (NFH)

Best defender: Kelly Dulfer (KBH)

And last but not least: Five !!! different champions in the last five years. That is exactly the competition that makes my day. :) =D>
I welcome your post with enthusiasm.Image

Return to “Female Handball”