Danish League 2017/2018

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
User avatar
OltchimRmValcea
Extra Member
Posts: 579
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:10 pm
Location: Romania
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 47 times

Re: Danish League 2017/2018

Postby OltchimRmValcea » Mon May 28, 2018 9:29 pm

Mixball wrote:Yep well done København håndbold =D> =D>

Image

And who says bronze finals has to be dull. Viborg and especially Line Haugsted was in for now or never. =D>
My team of the season will be a combination of the teams of @masch1 and @maz, - how original of me :-" ;)

GK: Sandra Toft (Esbjerg)
LP: Sarah Iversen (NFH)
LW: Freja Cohrt (Odense)
LB: Veronica Kristiansen (FCM)
PM: Mia Rej (KBH)
RB: Stine Skogrand (Silkeborg)
RW: Ayaka Ikehara (NFH)

Best defender: Kelly Dulfer (KBH)
MVP: Mia Rej (KBH)

And last but not least: Five !!! different champions in the last five years. That is exactly the competition that makes my day. :) =D>



When I enter and I saw this:
Last post by Mixball « Mon May 28, 2018 8:11 pm

I secretly hoped for a recording. :p


L. Hutupan-Dinu, V. Ardean-Elisei, Cristina Neagu, O. Manea, I. Stanca, M. Jovanovic, Y. Ozel, R. Maier.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyKvP63kFHw

User avatar
masch1
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1648
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:51 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: Danish League 2017/2018

Postby masch1 » Tue May 29, 2018 9:33 am

maz wrote:The golden tigers now :p

Our teams differ quite a bit, Masch, as they should. But I can't really argue against Rej as the MVP anymore. She has clearly shown her importance and as she said herself, she has been "k**f God" this season 8:) Taking her team to the championship, she has established herself as THE player in the league right now.



Haha golden tigers indeed 8:)

Yes, Rej really has been outstanding. I just can't remember, when I last saw a player keep up such a high level for an entire season without "down periods". Who knew it would have such an effect on her to lose the final last year? 8:)


The allstar team: I considered some of the players you @maz and @mixball chose too.

I picked Heindahl over Iversen because of the defense, but Iversen has developed a lot, and it was a difficult choice. Perhaps I would have chosen Iversen, if she had been in the semis. BTW Lykkegaard really impressed me this season too.

Ikehara - one of the most positive surprises this year. I would have liked to choose her, but since she was injured in the big matches, and Quintino was so important for Odense, I went with Quintino.

Cohrt - certainly deserves a spot as well. I just think Knudsen deserves some recognition for her importance for KBH, especially in the end of the season.

What were your reasons for picking Greve over Toft @maz?

I'm glad to see that you think Flader has been doing so well in defense, can't say I've had the chance to watch her much :-k

Perhaps we should add coach of the season. For me it's Claus Mogensen (KBH). I have huge respect for his way to treat his players, his tactical abilities and how calm he usually is in TOs. And it seems like they train really well too.

Mixball wrote:And who says bronze finals has to be dull. Viborg and especially Line Haugsted was in for now or never


They really went all in for it. Nice to see how much the bronze medal meant for them =D>

User avatar
maz
Extra Member
Posts: 457
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:33 am
Location: Aarhus
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: Danish League 2017/2018

Postby maz » Tue May 29, 2018 12:27 pm

masch1 wrote:What were your reasons for picking Greve over Toft @maz?

I think Toft had the highest highs. When she performed, she was clearly the best in the league, completely shutting down opponents but for me she had some rather noticeable lows as well where she didn't get a hand on anything. She could have matches on 50% but also some around 10-15%.

Greve was more consistent and kept NFH in matches, they had no business being in. She never had the same lows as Toft but also didn't really crack the 50% as Toft. So I picked Greve because she was consistent behind an inconsistent NFH-defense.

Mixball wrote:And last but not least: Five !!! different champions in the last five years. That is exactly the competition that makes my day. :) =D>

That's a fantastic stat. Just goes to show the incredible entertainment value the league has and that we can never go in to a season expecting to know the outcome.

User avatar
heavenly
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 987
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:24 pm
Location: France
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: Danish League 2017/2018

Postby heavenly » Wed May 30, 2018 6:36 am

The new Danish League's formula has too many matches, especially for the top teams. It's a huge disadvantage when those clubs will have to play the European cup matches. Not counting the NT players will have to play the international matches as well.

A heavy calendar is not a great idea. I wonder how Denmark will reconquer one of the two top spots in the EHF rankings ?

A player like Tranborg will have a lot of work to do next season between the domestic League, the CL and the international matches. Don't forget Klavs likes to overuse her with the NT...

By the way, congrats CPH ! I'm happy for you masch :).

User avatar
masch1
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1648
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:51 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: Danish League 2017/2018

Postby masch1 » Wed May 30, 2018 3:55 pm

heavenly wrote:The new Danish League's formula has too many matches, especially for the top teams. It's a huge disadvantage when those clubs will have to play the European cup matches. Not counting the NT players will have to play the international matches as well.

A heavy calendar is not a great idea. I wonder how Denmark will reconquer one of the two top spots in the EHF rankings ?

A player like Tranborg will have a lot of work to do next season between the domestic League, the CL and the international matches. Don't forget Klavs likes to overuse her with the NT...

By the way, congrats CPH ! I'm happy for you masch :).


Thanks :)

maz wrote:
masch1 wrote:What were your reasons for picking Greve over Toft @maz?

I think Toft had the highest highs. When she performed, she was clearly the best in the league, completely shutting down opponents but for me she had some rather noticeable lows as well where she didn't get a hand on anything. She could have matches on 50% but also some around 10-15%.

Greve was more consistent and kept NFH in matches, they had no business being in. She never had the same lows as Toft but also didn't really crack the 50% as Toft. So I picked Greve because she was consistent behind an inconsistent NFH-defense.



Ok, just curious. It's true that Toft does tend to have a very bad match once in a while.

User avatar
Mixball
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1060
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:31 pm
Location: Copenhagen,Denmark
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: Danish League 2017/2018

Postby Mixball » Wed May 30, 2018 8:18 pm

heavenly wrote:A player like Tranborg will have a lot of work to do next season between the domestic League, the CL and the international matches. Don't forget Klavs likes to overuse her with the NT...

I wouldn't worry a bit about Tranborg for one,- dat big strong girl isn't like your average fragile Danish player at all :) . Ofc silly injuries do occur so.. >Knock on wood< . :-"
OltchimRmValcea wrote:When I enter and I saw this:
Last post by Mixball

I'm soo sorry, but I just made another click bait for ya. haha :p
I welcome your post with enthusiasm.Image

User avatar
maz
Extra Member
Posts: 457
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:33 am
Location: Aarhus
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: Danish League 2017/2018

Postby maz » Wed May 30, 2018 9:52 pm

http://sport.tv2.dk/haandbold/2018-05-2 ... boldligaer

Remember to vote for the best goal in the League.

I voted on the girl wonder Kristina Jørgensen. It's just crazy athleticism and shooting. It's in the same category as Lasse Møller's goal for GOG. Sarah Iversen's goal with Mulle's assist was a distant second for me.

User avatar
masch1
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1648
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:51 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: Danish League 2017/2018

Postby masch1 » Wed May 30, 2018 10:19 pm

maz wrote:http://sport.tv2.dk/haandbold/2018-05-28-stem-paa-aarets-maal-i-de-danske-haandboldligaer

Remember to vote for the best goal in the League.

I voted on the girl wonder Kristina Jørgensen. It's just crazy athleticism and shooting. It's in the same category as Lasse Møller's goal for GOG. Sarah Iversen's goal with Mulle's assist was a distant second for me.


I am sure some great goals have been left out of this pool, but I guess that's how it goes, when there are a lot of matches to look through and not enough time :-k

Do you know, what categories will be in the award show? Besides best male and female player (and the allstar teams probably?).

EDIT: not probably, I just remembered that the allstar teams will certainly be in ;)

User avatar
maz
Extra Member
Posts: 457
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:33 am
Location: Aarhus
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: Danish League 2017/2018

Postby maz » Wed May 30, 2018 10:44 pm

masch1 wrote:
maz wrote:http://sport.tv2.dk/haandbold/2018-05-28-stem-paa-aarets-maal-i-de-danske-haandboldligaer

Remember to vote for the best goal in the League.

I voted on the girl wonder Kristina Jørgensen. It's just crazy athleticism and shooting. It's in the same category as Lasse Møller's goal for GOG. Sarah Iversen's goal with Mulle's assist was a distant second for me.


I am sure some great goals have been left out of this pool, but I guess that's how it goes, when there are a lot of matches to look through and not enough time :-k

Do you know, what categories will be in the award show? Besides best male and female player (and the allstar teams probably?).

EDIT: not probably, I just remembered that the allstar teams will certainly be in ;)

Of the categories we will care about there are:
Best female player
All Star-team
Coach of the year
Female talent of the year
Best female 1st division player
Female NT player of the year

And then a few players will be inducted into the Hall of Fame. It should be a good show. Looking forward to it :)

User avatar
masch1
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1648
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:51 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: Danish League 2017/2018

Postby masch1 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:25 pm

I hope Mia Rej will be extremely motivated after this [-X

The show: It was a first time, but there is some room for improvement. Less of the awkward questions (why ask some male players about Lærke Møller instead of her former colleagues?) and less repetitions and more of the talent awards and hall of fame (unless I missed it? ).

Nice choice in music =D>


Return to “Female Handball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests