2019 Women's WCh (Japan)

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
Stefan_MNE
Champions League 2010/2011; 2011/2012 and European Championship 2012 Fantasy Game Winner

Re: 2019 Women's WCh (Japan)

Postby Stefan_MNE » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:30 am

Regarding Rasmussen's case:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I often get to see swearwords in Danish or Swedish texts whenever I use Google Translate to read Scandinavian media. Does Google translate those correctly? I also know that in Dutch, for example, the use of English swearwords such as 'sh.it' or 'fu.ck' is not considered impolite, even on TV.

Could it be that Rasmussen's 'I got f.ucked up' was actually a negative transfer from his own language/culture?

Anol
Extra Member

Postby Anol » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:08 am

Stefan_MNE wrote:Regarding Rasmussen's case:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I often get to see swearwords in Danish or Swedish texts whenever I use Google Translate to read Scandinavian media. Does Google translate those correctly? I also know that in Dutch, for example, the use of English swearwords such as 'sh.it' or 'fu.ck' is not considered impolite, even on TV.

Could it be that Rasmussen's 'I got f.ucked up' was actually a negative transfer from his own language/culture?

Swearing is quite normal in Denmark and using the word f.uck or f.ucked is quite normal and not considered a very bad swearword.
And if my fellow danes here disagree please correct me. It is my feeling that word or sentence "I got f.ucked" in the danish language could mean anything from: "I lost to a better opponent" to "those arseholes stole the game and know I will kick their arse" all depending on the way it was said.

Stefan_MNE
Champions League 2010/2011; 2011/2012 and European Championship 2012 Fantasy Game Winner

Postby Stefan_MNE » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:35 am

Exactly as I thought, which is why the decision to ban Rassmusen for using 'f.ucked' is nothing less than a scandal in my opinion. Not only does it present a violation of the right to freedom of expression, but also displays a complete lack of cross-cultural awareness on the part of IHF governing bodies - and such awareness is essential for successful communication between speakers of different first languages.

kleber
Handball Fan-atic

Postby kleber » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:34 am

Congrats russia better third than four,first medal in the worlds since the gold in 2009.

Olympics 1,euro 2,worlds 3

So now neutral team in 2021 and 2023 tournament

The goal is clearly european champions in 2020 or 2022 where will be a russia team,flag and and hymn.
Last edited by kleber on Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Portugal is in the euro 2008,finaly!!!!!

kleber
Handball Fan-atic

Postby kleber » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:08 pm

Portugal is in the euro 2008,finaly!!!!!

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:08 pm

Was hard to watch (emotionally) even for a neutral spectator !

Pity one of finalist competitor,after this kind of match , have to loose !

Congrat to Holland ! =D>

Curious if a WCh winner ever lost 3 matches on tournament.... :-k

Derp
Extra Member

Postby Derp » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:28 pm

Can someone help me please understanding the very last referee decisions?
On the Hungarian forum there is a heated debate as most of the people or on the opinion that simply there was no violation of any rules, only a simply in-game block' which is not against any rules.
So why was it red card+7 meters? What was the exact fault?

gyms
Handball Fan-atic

Postby gyms » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:29 pm

What about the all-star team?

zvezda istoka
Rookie

Postby zvezda istoka » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:42 pm

MVP: Estavana Polman, Netherlands

Left wing: Camilla Herrem, Norway
Left back: Alexandrina Cabral Barbosa, Spain
Centre back: Estavana Polman, Netherlands
Right back: Anna Vyakhireva, Russia
Right wing: Jovanka Radicevic, Montenegro
Line player: Linn Blohm, Sweden
Goalkeeper: Tess Wester, Netherlands
Top scorer: Lois Abbingh, Netherlands – 71 goals

dutchfan

Postby dutchfan » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:56 pm

Derp wrote:Can someone help me please understanding the very last referee decisions?
On the Hungarian forum there is a heated debate as most of the people or on the opinion that simply there was no violation of any rules, only a simply in-game block' which is not against any rules.
So why was it red card+7 meters? What was the exact fault?

What I understand is that if there is a GK throw, the ball has to pass the line before it can be touched. The player from spain jumped outside but may have touched it inside the 6m line (this is up for debate) and the foul was given for touching the ball before it left the goalkeeper area. The question is if the ball already passed the 6m line or not when the ball was touched.

Mr. 007
Men's WC 2011 Fantasy game winner

Postby Mr. 007 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:10 pm

Yep, and since different camera angles just show it looks to be on the outside when hitting the ball, we were cheated from extra time :) A decision like this should be crystal clear, and instead it's not even happening at all..at least from what we can see.

Congratz to both Spain and Netherlands for a good final, too bad the refs just appointed a winner. No reason for that. In my eyes, we got no winner unfortunatly...

Germanicus
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Germanicus » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:07 pm

Derp wrote:Can someone help me please understanding the very last referee decisions?

"Most of the people" simply don't know the rules. If the keeper posesses the ball inside the goel area (6m area), it's a throw out situation. The ball must not be touched by any other player before it leaves the goal area. Hernandez blocked it inside. She jumped from outside but she blocked the ball before it could have left the goal area.
A clear violation against the rules 12:1.
In conclusion, I declare that EHF must be destroyed

Rostovfan

Postby Rostovfan » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:08 pm

Sisters Bonaventoura and Holland nice cooperation, 1 goal win against Russia and kill Spain, nice try.

Germanicus
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Germanicus » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:10 pm

Mr. 007 wrote:Yep, and since different camera angles just show it looks to be on the outside when hitting the ball, we were cheated from extra time :) A decision like this should be crystal clear, and instead it's not even happening at all..at least from what we can see.

Congratz to both Spain and Netherlands for a good final, too bad the refs just appointed a winner. No reason for that. In my eyes, we got no winner unfortunatly...

I disagree, I'm 99% sure she blocked the ball inside.
What is even more important: the referee had the perfect angle, she could see it even better than we.
In my opinion a perfect decision.
In conclusion, I declare that EHF must be destroyed

Scheersberg

Postby Scheersberg » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:06 pm

The (new) rules are clear, so 7 meter for Holland and a disqualification for the Spanish player. Besides the block was inside the 6 meter area.

My expectations for this WC were relatively low, top7 so a place in the OG qualification was realistic. Now Holland is WC for the first team in History :D!

They did beat #3 Russia, #4 Norway, #6 Serbia and ofcourse #2 Spain. Well done! No Groot, no Broch, no Visser but instead some young players as Nusser, Housheer.
Wester looking at GK % not the best GK, but her 2 last saves in the final made Holland WC.

Not bad for a contry that has no (real) professional Handbal League.

Mr. 007

Postby Mr. 007 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:51 pm

Oki then :) Congratz Netherland for being World Champions :)

And cudos to the refs being so stricly merciless and executing these new rules as they should do :)

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:09 pm

I agree this is (now) the rule but this can create easy endless discussions ( because rule concepted as a drama grower in the end of matches but instead give birth to injustice...feel of injustice). Some time ago I said that on decisive match on winning the trophy (finals) should be accepted the rule of minimum 2 goals difference (something like in field tennis) ...at 1 difference or equal score, should be 3 or 5 min of more play,another 3-5 min if the conditions remain,and then ultimately 5 penalties. Of course was a lot of ha-ha-ha ...But it would be less idiotic then now-rule ! :pukel: ...and would decrease the pressure on referees.

Mr. 007

Postby Mr. 007 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:40 pm

Funny that the World Champions lost 3 matches, silver medalist lost 2 matches, and bronze medalist only lost 1 match :)

Kangaroo
Regular

Postby Kangaroo » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:42 pm

MY ALL-STAR TEAM:

Toft

M. Lopez - Vyakhireva - Frolova - Polman - Gutierrez

Blohm

MVP: Polman

RESERVES:

Wester

Managarova - Ryu Eun-hee - Oftedal - Cabral - Stanko (she also plays a LW)

Behnke

Special mentions: Mehmedovic, Radicevic, Abbingh, maybe Eckerle, Gros, Fraga Fernandez, Ainhoa Hernandez etc. I can hardly tip the pivots, they were the poorest but yet again Pintea wasn't in top shape. Mehmedovic finally played well after some time. Herrem received an undeserved award. The closest Norwegian was Oftedal to get it, the second closest Solberg but far from the best goalkeepers. Overrated compared to the past goalies of Norway. Managarova had 80% and compared to Radicevic with 71% she didn't take the penalties. Marta Lopez of Spain with 67% but she was very solid in the high phases of the competition, so superior to both.

Top 3 Coaches: 1. Viver 2. Mayonnade 3. Martin (Spanish and French coaches are also taking over in women's handball).

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:32 pm

A tiny detail on last TO before last spanish atack : Holland's players (Snelder said this ?) "knew" that Barbosa will try to shot on goal... I think spanish coach should had think an unexpectable scoring solution ...

dutchfan

Postby dutchfan » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:11 pm

Doru Delavale wrote:A tiny detail on last TO before last spanish atack : Holland's players (Snelder said this ?) "knew" that Barbosa will try to shot on goal... I think spanish coach should had think an unexpectable scoring solution ...

Yeah Snelder said that Barbosa and Pena will take responsibility

Kangaroo
Regular

Postby Kangaroo » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:26 pm

I did congrat Nederland, where is my post? [-( :-k I also said Spain was the revelation of the tournament and that the Bonaventura are still mediocre referees.

Plus overall it was a very bad tournament, with dead Hungary, Romania, Sweden, France, Angola and Brazil. And Denmark kept the consistency of the averageness, it’s time for a coach change. All the players including the finalists FAIL the defensive test!

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:54 pm

dutchfan wrote:
Doru Delavale wrote:A tiny detail on last TO before last spanish atack : Holland's players (Snelder said this ?) "knew" that Barbosa will try to shot on goal... I think spanish coach should had think an unexpectable scoring solution ...

What was absolutely predictible ! a class coach must think to this in a key sequence...

dutchfan

Postby dutchfan » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:59 pm

Doru Delavale wrote:
dutchfan wrote:

What was absolutely predictible ! a class coach must think to this in a key sequence...

yeah agree, the coach should have said something about that if there is a shot then you have to take it. No matter how good the player is. Mayonaise did that and that resulted in Laura van der Heijden took the shot (and scored), while i personally thought that Polman or Abbingh would try.

heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Postby heavenly » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:12 pm

dutchfan wrote:Mayonaise did that and that resulted in Laura van der Heijden took the shot (and scored), while i personally thought that Polman or Abbingh would try.

How could you mix up the sauce Mayonnaise with your great French coach Mayonnade ? [-X :D
By the way, bravo NED for the first gold of your history ! =D>

Return to “Female Handball”