Potential fight for the title & top teams of season 2019/2020

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
hb89
Regular

Potential fight for the title & top teams of season 2019/2020

Postby hb89 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:54 am

Good morning. I hope to create an interesting topic. :D

Considering the transfers of the teams of each championship (or the most important championships according to the ranking), in your opinion, what can be confirmed or changes in the leadership of each of them? will the winning teams of the past season be successful and/or which other teams have made an important purchase campaign to fight for the top positions? :idea:

Come on, let's analyze each league, the possible first places, which teams compete for the title and the main competitions (National Super Cup or National Cup, for example). ;)
Last edited by hb89 on Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dutchfan

Re: Potential top teams of season 2019/2020

Postby dutchfan » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:10 am

BVB Dortmund started an interesting project with quite some talented and more experienced players. I dont think that they have a chance to win the german League this year, but maybe next season.
Last edited by dutchfan on Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

hb89
Regular

Postby hb89 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:29 am

For Handball Bundesliga the two best teams of the past season were Bietigheim (the winner) and Thuringer.
Now, considering the transfers, Bietigheim has made few changes, with two young entries and a line player from Byasen (Maren Nyland Aardahl).
The Thuringer, on the other hand, has changed a lot, losing important players like Krause and Wohlbold for the end of their career. and other players like Muller, Lang, Hubinger ... so it will be interesting to see the new balances with the new entries.
The BVB has undoubtedly made good transfers, but for now I think it is still a step back from these two formations.

dutchfan

Postby dutchfan » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:52 am

Yeah i agree, it is interesting to see how the project Will turn out in a few years

bajkalb
Extra Member

Postby bajkalb » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:39 pm

Quite vague topic, but let’s see Hungary.

I think it will be the season, when Siófok will break out. It does not mean that they will be better than FTC but they will be at similar level and there will be 3 very good teams in Hungary, being far better than the others.

The gap will be wider among them and their followers, including Érd, and then the massive mid-class

Bo$ko
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Bo$ko » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:48 pm

This topic should be part of transfers topic...

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Postby HB9 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:59 pm

I can't see how that fits in the transfer topic in any way. It rather looks like hb89 wants to gauge the potential fight for the championship in every league. Probably also wants some tips for some good bets? ;)

dutchfan wrote:BVB Dortmund started an interesting project with quite some talented and more experienced players. I dont think that they have a chance to win the german League this year, but maybe next season.

I'd be suprised if THC don't take the title. BBM didn't really make a step ahead compared to last season, while THC clearly a improved squad compared to previous season(s). Probably planned for some more success in the CL than in the previous years. But that's all for nothing now.

Prediction: With such a line-up, they have to win the German championship. Anything else would be total and utter humiliation of the highest degree.

No other team challenge these two. Metzingen took a step back, BVB Dortmund took one step ahead - but that's still not enough for anything more than third.

hb89 wrote:(National Super Cup or National Cup, for example). ;)

Super Cup: It's merely a practice game with a few more spectators. No one really cares. Sorry, I don't want to take away the anticipation from the many Super Cup fans out there - all 3 of them. :p
idle banter.

Bo$ko
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Bo$ko » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:03 pm

HB9 wrote:I can't see how that fits in the transfer topic in any way. It rather looks like hb89 wants to gauge the potential fight for the championship in every league. Probably also wants some tips for some good bets? ;)

Considering the transfers of the teams of each championship

dutchfan

Postby dutchfan » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:06 pm

I think you guys misunderstood my first post, with next season i meant the 20/21 season ;)

LucianK
Extra Member

Postby LucianK » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:08 pm

In the Romanian League it'll most likely be about the CSM vs. Vâlcea fight for the big trophies. However, there are a few teams that made some good transfers during the summer break and they are expected to put a good fight against the big two. Gloria Bistrița, Măgura Cisnădie, Gloria Buzău and even Dunărea Brăila could produce "surprises". Other teams such as Corona Brașov and Craiova might seem a bit weakened at the moment, but they'll always display strong handball on home court. On paper CSM and SCM are in a league of their own and then comes this cluster of 4-5 teams that could shock them if they are not taken seriously.

hb89
Regular

Postby hb89 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:14 am

HB9 wrote:I can't see how that fits in the transfer topic in any way. It rather looks like hb89 wants to gauge the potential fight for the championship in every league.

exactly. transfers are transfers, here we talk about analyzing the different leagues and seeing what are the balances compared to the past season, based also on the transfers and the projects of the teams.
bajkalb wrote:Quite vague topic, but let’s see Hungary.

I think it will be the season, when Siófok will break out. It does not mean that they will be better than FTC but they will be at similar level and there will be 3 very good teams in Hungary, being far better than the others.

The gap will be wider among them and their followers, including Érd, and then the massive mid-class

I agree. I think that, different from the other seasons, the gap between the first teams has shortened. Sure Gyor will have something more, and even the buying campaign has been more remarkable than FTC, which risks the second place given the Siofok that revolutionized the team in the summer but remains potentially a star of the season and that will give problems both to Gyor to the FTC, in my opinion.

hb89
Regular

Postby hb89 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:18 am

LucianK wrote:In the Romanian League it'll most likely be about the CSM vs. Vâlcea fight for the big trophies. However, there are a few teams that made some good transfers during the summer break and they are expected to put a good fight against the big two. Gloria Bistrița, Măgura Cisnădie, Gloria Buzău and even Dunărea Brăila could produce "surprises". Other teams such as Corona Brașov and Craiova might seem a bit weakened at the moment, but they'll always display strong handball on home court. On paper CSM and SCM are in a league of their own and then comes this cluster of 4-5 teams that could shock them if they are not taken seriously.

The transfers of Romanian league were really many. I agree with the analysis, it will be interesting to see what will happen between Valcea and CSM, also because, above all CSM, it has literally upset its own team. Valcea has also made many changes, so we'll see. The other teams really interesting and with projects aimed at the future well described and developed

Lucy

Re: Potential fight for the title & top teams of season 2019/2020

Postby Lucy » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:08 pm

Norwegian league is without Larvik this season.

Vipers is huge favorites

But this season can be breakthrough for Molde
Helle Thomsens club. I think they can take medals and next year European Cup.

Storhamar, Tertnes, Byasen and Fredrikstad looks weaker

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:55 pm

hb89 wrote:
LucianK wrote:In the Romanian League it'll most likely be about the CSM vs. Vâlcea fight for the big trophies. However, there are a few teams that made some good transfers during the summer break and they are expected to put a good fight against the big two. Gloria Bistrița, Măgura Cisnădie, Gloria Buzău and even Dunărea Brăila could produce "surprises". Other teams such as Corona Brașov and Craiova might seem a bit weakened at the moment, but they'll always display strong handball on home court. On paper CSM and SCM are in a league of their own and then comes this cluster of 4-5 teams that could shock them if they are not taken seriously.

The transfers of Romanian league were really many. I agree with the analysis, it will be interesting to see what will happen between Valcea and CSM, also because, above all CSM, it has literally upset its own team. Valcea has also made many changes, so we'll see. The other teams really interesting and with projects aimed at the future well described and developed

It's a little too early to say something in professional sense....for instance CSM depends by the recovered usual form of Neagu and Nora Mork after surgeries and the present form of Carmen Martin and Torstenson who knows really ? (...though I do not imagine Torstenson under Jacobsen 's levell). And if happens again new injuries on key players there are no others to act close to their level.

hb89
Regular

Postby hb89 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:34 am

Lucy wrote:Norwegian league is without Larvik this season.

Vipers is huge favorites

Surely Vipers will be the favorite, it will be interesting to see what happens from the second place down. Molde made four / five transfers, mostly from Larvik, Storhamar changed little.

No doubt Vipers will be the favourite for the title, surely they must solve the problem of the goalkeeper waiting for Lunde's recovery. It will be interesting to see what happens in the standings after them, Stohramar changed little and lost a player of the caliber of Loke, Molde made 4/5 transfers, most of them from Larvik.

Doru Delavale wrote:
It's a little too early to say something in professional sense....for instance CSM depends by the recovered usual form of Neagu and Nora Mork after surgeries and the present form of Carmen Martin and Torstenson who knows really ? (...though I do not imagine Torstenson under Jacobsen 's levell). And if happens again new injuries on key players there are no others to act close to their level.

I believe that in these seasons at Nice especially Carmen Marti has proven to stay on good levels. Surely every team has to deal with injuries but I believe that this year there will be the redemption of the Bucuresti which, at least on paper, I believe has a staff superior to the adversaries and to the same Valcea.

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:33 am

hb89 wrote:
Lucy wrote:Norwegian league is without Larvik this season.

Vipers is huge favorites

Surely Vipers will be the favorite, it will be interesting to see what happens from the second place down. Molde made four / five transfers, mostly from Larvik, Storhamar changed little.

No doubt Vipers will be the favourite for the title, surely they must solve the problem of the goalkeeper waiting for Lunde's recovery. It will be interesting to see what happens in the standings after them, Stohramar changed little and lost a player of the caliber of Loke, Molde made 4/5 transfers, most of them from Larvik.

Storhamar lost Løke, Riegelhuth, Masson, Ambakk and Juahz. Only have 9 players og something like that

hb89
Regular

Postby hb89 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:24 pm

So, probably, will be others the team that will fight for second place, at least.

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:44 pm

https://www.facebook.com/csminaur/photo ... =3&theater
Unfortunately from this photo are missing some important players as Helena Rysankova (Baia Mare's golden left hand thrower),Larisa Tamas,AC Popa,Eva Kerekes and probably new sensation RW Oana Bors (very young). With this team I think Baia Mare can reach third place , a place atack also by teams like Bistrita,Cisnadie,Craiova,Brasov,Braila,Buzau . Each of this team can cause unexpected "damages" on two first teams CSM and Valcea .I think CSM has first option but will be a bloody fight, not only against Valcea. (this prognosis depends of real recover and form of Nora and Cris, the true gunners).
So, 7 teams fight for 3rd place and each has own arguments : all of them except may be Craiova made agressive transfers from 5-10 or even more...This teams don't hesitate to bring foreign players, almost all of them experienced players of NT and to use the most promissing young ro players (18-21) as the rule call.
My wish is that Baia Mare (or Brasov) to conquer 3rd place.

Return to “Female Handball”