Transfers 2020/2021

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
Gojira
Handball Fan-atic

Re: Transfers 2020/2021

Postby Gojira » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:05 pm

John wrote:I think they should (if they’re not already negotiating) get Mayonnade.. i mean he won the WCh, and they didn’t weaken Metz enough.
The goal here is to have a weak CL so they can win everything easily with no competition like nemzeti league.

Spot on.

Derp
Extra Member

Postby Derp » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:38 pm

will4104 wrote:
Bo$ko wrote:Gyor's new strategy... Let's steal from Metz, I'm fed up with Norwegians... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Next target is the Spanish and the Dutch League :P

nope. If there is any country form where Győr won't buy players any more it is the Netherlands.
They are just fed up with their attitude towards pro.sports...

bajkalb
Extra Member

Postby bajkalb » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:08 pm

Derp wrote:
will4104 wrote:
Bo$ko wrote:Gyor's new strategy... Let's steal from Metz, I'm fed up with Norwegians... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Next target is the Spanish and the Dutch League :P

nope. If there is any country form where Győr won't buy players any more it is the Netherlands.

You mean they are fed up that Dutch players would like to enjoy what they are doing and do not want to be burnt out in 2-3 years?

I like ETO, but it’s their s**t as well

bajkalb
Extra Member

Postby bajkalb » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:10 pm

John wrote:I think they should (if they’re not already negotiating) get Mayonnade.. i mean he won the WCh, and they didn’t weaken Metz enough.
The goal here is to have a weak CL so they can win everything easily with no competition like nemzeti league.

I am sure he is in their target list

Derp
Extra Member

Postby Derp » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:31 pm

bajkalb wrote:
Derp wrote:
will4104 wrote:Next target is the Spanish and the Dutch League :P

You mean they are fed up that Dutch players would like to enjoy what they are doing and do not want to be burnt out in 2-3 years?

I like ETO, but it’s their s**t as well

If this type of 'burnout' would have affected any other player apart from the 2 Dutch crybabies, I'd agree with you but I don't know about anyone else.
The circumstances are fantastic, the fans are amazing, the support of the government is perfect, the level of the teammates is outstanding,etc.
I just don't think that there can be any valid complain from the players.
It was rather the case of being 'not hungry any more' and it is also fair enough. No one needs a player that isn't hungry for success and they split up very gently.

Where there would be a case for such complains is however FTC where Elek simply cannot handle foreigners well, does not have a good sense for signing and building in proper players, does not deal with the problem that some players are overused while some other positions are empty for years.
The burnout should be more prominent in that environment and still it isn't. These are pro players, goddesses of endurance and commitment... just like most players of Győr are too.
I really think that this is a Dutch habbit instead of the sign that something is wrong at Győr. They seem to be less hungry, that's all folks.

dutchfan

Postby dutchfan » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:52 pm

^No it's not a Dutch thing. Groot just wanted to go back to Denmark. Broch has been extremely overused by gyor. For 2 seasons she had been playing with a proper back up. When Loke was pregnant it took a while before they found a replacement and when they had Broch still played almost every match for at least 50 minutes both in attack and defence. The season after they have Althaus but she was injured most of the season and Broch had to play so much. If you have the normal league, cup matches, national team and CL then you cannot have one lineplayer to play for so many minutes as she did. How gyor used her is way to much for a human body to carry.

Derp
Extra Member

Postby Derp » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:33 pm

dutchfan wrote:^No it's not a Dutch thing. Groot just wanted to go back to Denmark. Broch has been extremely overused by gyor. For 2 seasons she had been playing with a proper back up. When Loke was pregnant it took a while before they found a replacement and when they had Broch still played almost every match for at least 50 minutes both in attack and defence. The season after they have Althaus but she was injured most of the season and Broch had to play so much. If you have the normal league, cup matches, national team and CL then you cannot have one lineplayer to play for so many minutes as she did. How gyor used her is way to much for a human body to carry.

Say, explain, comment whatever you want. There are strange situations all the time and these girls were grown up to handle the burden... except for these 2 dutch princesses who convinced each other that they do not really want it.
I call this the lack of hunger.
This is something unknown in the Balkans where you learn how to fight all the time.
Neither it is prevalent among French, Russian or Norwegian girls for some reasons...

I would never love to see Groot again palying in a Hungarian team(despite I honestly think she is the biggest talent of our time, by far).
She lacks the passion that for example a Radicevic shows in all her matches.
That is the spirit which is required for a victory. That is the spirit that deserves the trophy. That is a player that one should be looking for.
Broch is similarly not enough to be a pro player. I think this is something more to do with her beauty. With those long legs she could also shine as a model so why bearing the pain of all the trainings if this pays also well and is much more fancy, easy, less tiring...

But, let me emphasize, this is just my humble opinion.

(I do not blame e.g. Laura v.d.Heijden. Her situation with FTC seems clearly to be Elek's fault)

Domokos Pál
Regular

Postby Domokos Pál » Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:12 am

Derp wrote:
dutchfan wrote:^No it's not a Dutch thing. Groot just wanted to go back to Denmark. Broch has been extremely overused by gyor. For 2 seasons she had been playing with a proper back up. When Loke was pregnant it took a while before they found a replacement and when they had Broch still played almost every match for at least 50 minutes both in attack and defence. The season after they have Althaus but she was injured most of the season and Broch had to play so much. If you have the normal league, cup matches, national team and CL then you cannot have one lineplayer to play for so many minutes as she did. How gyor used her is way to much for a human body to carry.

Say, explain, comment whatever you want. There are strange situations all the time and these girls were grown up to handle the burden... except for these 2 dutch princesses who convinced each other that they do not really want it.
I call this the lack of hunger.
This is something unknown in the Balkans where you learn how to fight all the time.
Neither it is prevalent among French, Russian or Norwegian girls for some reasons...

I would never love to see Groot again palying in a Hungarian team(despite I honestly think she is the biggest talent of our time, by far).
She lacks the passion that for example a Radicevic shows in all her matches.
That is the spirit which is required for a victory. That is the spirit that deserves the trophy. That is a player that one should be looking for.
Broch is similarly not enough to be a pro player. I think this is something more to do with her beauty. With those long legs she could also shine as a model so why bearing the pain of all the trainings if this pays also well and is much more fancy, easy, less tiring...

But, let me emphasize, this is just my humble opinion.

(I do not blame e.g. Laura v.d.Heijden. Her situation with FTC seems clearly to be Elek's fault)

Radicevic played for two years in Győr. Broch played for three years, Groot for four years. While there, all three did everything they could for the success of the club. They deserve nothing but respect.

AB10
Regular

Postby AB10 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:22 am

Derp wrote:If this type of 'burnout' would have affected any other player apart from the 2 Dutch crybabies, I'd agree with you but I don't know about anyone else.
The circumstances are fantastic, the fans are amazing, the support of the government is perfect, the level of the teammates is outstanding,etc.
It was rather the case of being 'not hungry any more' and it is also fair enough. No one needs a player that isn't hungry for success and they split up very gently.

Where there would be a case for such complains is however FTC where Elek simply cannot handle foreigners well, does not have a good sense for signing and building in proper players, does not deal with the problem that some players are overused while some other positions are empty for years.
The burnout should be more prominent in that environment and still it isn't. These are pro players, goddesses of endurance and commitment... just like most players of Győr are too.
I really think that this is a Dutch habbit instead of the sign that something is wrong at Győr. They seem to be less hungry, that's all folks.

What a thoroughly awful thing to say about two players who have sacrificed so much for Györ only to get run down both physically and mentally by the club and its unwillingness to rest their players.

I support Györ myself but to claim that "the circumstances are fantastic" and that nothing is wrong is straight up untrue. When you have two players quit over how physically draining it is to play there – both mentioning that they lost the joy to play during their time there – those are not healthy working conditions. That is not a club that essentially cares about the physical and emotional well-being of their players. And it's definitely a valid complaint. It's been half a season and Groot still isn't at 100% because of the achilles tendon injury she brought home with her from Györ.

Speaking of which, I think a huge elephant in the room concerning Györ is their accumulation of injuries. I feel it is uncharacteristically large every season – especially if, as you claim, "the circumstances are fantastic" – and I'd bet a lot of them are rooted in overuse.

And don't pretend this is something new or something particularly Dutch. You had Jamina Roberts coming back from Érd saying something eerily similar (only she didn't mince her words about the things she endured like Groot and Broch did).

Derp
Extra Member

Postby Derp » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:34 pm

AB10 wrote:
Derp wrote:If this type of 'burnout' would have affected any other player apart from the 2 Dutch crybabies, I'd agree with you but I don't know about anyone else.

What a thoroughly awful thing to say about two players who have sacrificed so much for Györ only to get run down both physically and mentally by the club and its unwillingness to rest their players.

I support Györ myself but to claim that "the circumstances are fantastic" and that nothing is wrong is straight up untrue. When you have two players quit over how physically draining it is to play there – both mentioning that they lost the joy to play during their time there – those are not healthy working conditions. That is not a club that essentially cares about the physical and emotional well-being of their players. And it's definitely a valid complaint. It's been half a season and Groot still isn't at 100% because of the achilles tendon injury she brought home with her from Györ.

Speaking of which, I think a huge elephant in the room concerning Györ is their accumulation of injuries. I feel it is uncharacteristically large every season – especially if, as you claim, "the circumstances are fantastic" – and I'd bet a lot of them are rooted in overuse.

And don't pretend this is something new or something particularly Dutch. You had Jamina Roberts coming back from Érd saying something eerily similar (only she didn't mince her words about the things she endured like Groot and Broch did).

Okay. Let's pretend that I alone simply lost the joy commenting here so I tell you all, guys, I'm leaving. I got mentally and physically tired...
Does this simple thing indicate that something is very wrong on this forum, the leaders should assess the situation, resign,etc?
No. If there would be 20-30 of us here claiming the same, than I'd say it can be valid.
But returning to the Győr's case, tell anyone else apart from the Dutch princesses, who was dissatisfied because of 'overuse'.
I saw only the reverse: Görbicz 'crying in the corner' because a better player is favoured instead as a PM...
Especially for Groot such a claim should be accepted with laughter.
Was there even a pressure on injured players to come back earlier?
I think Győr could be considered the most patient team ever.

But I think everything is right as is now. There are hundreds of other girls eager to 'suffer' and 'cry from pain' if they can finally hold the trophy. A team for CL expectations must keep only hungry players and not satisfied or fastidious ones. I never heard such outcries even from FTC where this is indeed a recent issue, a problem that has been going on for years.
I admit Broch's and especially Groot's great talent, I would have never denied it or their amazing effectiveness on the field. My problem is with their surprising attitude lately.

Jamina Roberts did not get playtime and actually Edina Szabo is just a witch, a tyrann, this is a known fact.
BTW Jamina did not come to Érd to 'step a level up' but to finally play at the same place where his boyfriend does(not sure what his name was but that guy joined Budakalász at the same time) in order to live together. None of them got what they expected so they both left their teams, together again, after a single year. It has nothing to do with overuse, especially for Roberts.
I can recall the fans arguing about her while they saw her playing so much and very well in the Swedish NT while she was playing only minutes and mostly poorly in Érd.

Regarding injuries can you present any statistics that at Győr the number of injuries or their seriousness is higher than at other teams?
Görbicz-Tomori wasn't even playing for Győr when they got both ACL on the same match.
Mörk's knee was practically held together only by wires(her very first step at CSM exactly proved it).
The reason for the abnormal number of injuries has something to do with female biology: they have not only less upper-bodymass, but also weaker ligaments. The speed of the handball is just too fast nowadays for average women.

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:54 pm

Common Derp, I thought you have more sense of relativism and humour !... what do you want to be this forum ,a one way ticket site of view ? Sometimes we must found that others have totally different ideas ( not judgements-verdicts ). :roll:

Derp
Extra Member

Postby Derp » Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:21 pm

Doru Delavale wrote:Common Derp, I thought you have more sense of relativism and humour !... what do you want to be this forum ,a one way ticket site of view ? Sometimes we must found that others have totally different ideas ( not judgements-verdicts ). :roll:

Mate, I am not enforcing my opinions or views.
This was, as I already indicated, my humble opinion.
I believe both Broch that she got mentally tired and Groot that she just doesn't fancy any more this 'top level' of handball and I do not even condemn them for it.
My opion was about Győr's future strategy which should avoid such events(and these seem to be very Dutch specific).

If it felt like I am judging these girls, please take my apology.
I never thought that they were lying or scamming their teams.
I only felt like that this behavior, this attitude, this dedication is just not what I'd call professional.

AB10
Regular

Postby AB10 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:33 am

Derp wrote:Okay. Let's pretend that I alone simply lost the joy commenting here so I tell you all, guys, I'm leaving. I got mentally and physically tired...

Was debating with myself whether or not I should reply to you. Essentially I think you've proven just how absurd this argument is when you claimed you weren't looking to insult either Groot or Broch while condescendingly calling them "princesses" for saying that their bodies simply couldn't take any more strain and deflecting their claims with the argument that they should stop whining, suck it up and be grateful. If one of the world's best handball players saying that handball became an uncomfortable chore during her stay in the club rather than something that made her happy doesn't convince you that Györ has some sort of problem, it's gonna be fruitless to try reasoning with you.

First of all, comparing a discussion forum to a professional sports club is a bit redundant and I think you know that. The people in question are not just some second-rate players who barely could break through in the best lineup. Groot and Broch were an integral part of the team. Aside from being world class players, both also gave their heart and soul for the team. Those two were easily some of the most motivated players who always looked ready to go on court and just obliterate their opponents.

This is also why your comments offend me so deeply and why I can only assume you're not actually a Györ fan. For the life of me, I can't imagine that a fan of the club would see everything that Groot and Broch have given to that team – both in term of their technical abilities but also just the mentality they brought – and then having the absolute audacity to write their (might I add, very cautious and respectful) criticism off as them being crybabies.

Who else has been vocal about overuse? Well, Lunde said that the club indirectly asked her if she was gonna have an abortion when she fell pregnant. IIRC Radičević was very convoluted in her reasoning for leaving, something about how you can't play handball forever (yet she's still on fire today). Could be in reference to the physical strain, could also not, I'm not a Radičević connoisseur.

But no, no one has been open about being worn out by the club the way Broch and Groot have (and even they have both been very convoluted in what they've said). But I don't think it's gonna stay that way. Personally I think it's gonna be interesting to see what someone like Grimsbø or Kristiansen have to say once they leave the club.

As for statistics on the injury rate, no. I (sadly) don't get paid to do extensive research on handball issues, hence the "I feel" part of my comment. It's a gut feeling based on the amount of injuries (and the severity of them) they accumulate every year compared to teams like, say, Metz. But it would be interesting to see such statistics. Do you happen to have statistics on your claim that Dutch players have a worse attitude to professional sports than players of a different nationality? As for your postulate on biology being responsible for Györs abundance of injuries, it doesn't really hold if their injury rate is higher than in other teams on their level.

Derp
Extra Member

Postby Derp » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:05 pm

AB10 wrote:
Derp wrote:Okay. Let's pretend that I alone simply lost the joy commenting here so I tell you all, guys, I'm leaving. I got mentally and physically tired...

Was debating with myself whether or not I should reply to you. Essentially I think you've proven just how absurd this argument is when you claimed you weren't looking to insult either Groot or Broch while condescendingly calling them "princesses" for saying that their bodies simply couldn't take any more strain and deflecting their claims with the argument that they should stop whining, suck it up and be grateful. If one of the world's best handball players saying that handball became an uncomfortable chore during her stay in the club rather than something that made her happy doesn't convince you that Györ has some sort of problem, it's gonna be fruitless to try reasoning with you.

First of all, comparing a discussion forum to a professional sports club is a bit redundant and I think you know that. The people in question are not just some second-rate players who barely could break through in the best lineup. Groot and Broch were an integral part of the team. Aside from being world class players, both also gave their heart and soul for the team. Those two were easily some of the most motivated players who always looked ready to go on court and just obliterate their opponents.

This is also why your comments offend me so deeply and why I can only assume you're not actually a Györ fan. For the life of me, I can't imagine that a fan of the club would see everything that Groot and Broch have given to that team – both in term of their technical abilities but also just the mentality they brought – and then having the absolute audacity to write their (might I add, very cautious and respectful) criticism off as them being crybabies.

Who else has been vocal about overuse? Well, Lunde said that the club indirectly asked her if she was gonna have an abortion when she fell pregnant. IIRC Radičević was very convoluted in her reasoning for leaving, something about how you can't play handball forever (yet she's still on fire today). Could be in reference to the physical strain, could also not, I'm not a Radičević connoisseur.

But no, no one has been open about being worn out by the club the way Broch and Groot have (and even they have both been very convoluted in what they've said). But I don't think it's gonna stay that way. Personally I think it's gonna be interesting to see what someone like Grimsbø or Kristiansen have to say once they leave the club.

As for statistics on the injury rate, no. I (sadly) don't get paid to do extensive research on handball issues, hence the "I feel" part of my comment. It's a gut feeling based on the amount of injuries (and the severity of them) they accumulate every year compared to teams like, say, Metz. But it would be interesting to see such statistics. Do you happen to have statistics on your claim that Dutch players have a worse attitude to professional sports than players of a different nationality? As for your postulate on biology being responsible for Györs abundance of injuries, it doesn't really hold if their injury rate is higher than in other teams on their level.

Okay, I must admit I was judging, reading back my own words, so dear forum, please take my apoligies for that.
I shouldn't have said what I said.

But just to be more precise and defend myself, the parallel between the example of me leaving the forum and them leaving the sport was about to prove a wrong extrapolation and that extrapolation was done by you. You claimed that the pattern seen here is the 'something is wrong at Győr' while I saw only a different pattern is 'Dutch girls'.
Your claim wasn't proven because there was just no one else with the same complains. If there would be, I'd agree with you, but there weren't. (Also I brought up that FTC girls for example would have had more reasons to step up like that, but nor even they have ever done it)
You brought up Lunde as a new examnple, but we all know that it is just false. There are constant debates wabout player pregnancies, this is jsut a standard topic in women handball, that's life. However it has just nothing to do with the exhaustion cases. Especially for a goalkeeper. They are mostly in fatastic shape even after 40. That position is less exhausting, we all know that.
Regarding Radicevic I just don't recall anything like that. Could you link please any interview with her about the reasons of her leaving? (even in Serbian it is okay, I can read it)

Also I defended Broch's decesion already: she is a beauty(from modelling point of view) so she had a B-plan. A less painful, good paying route and why would she bother herself to force those tough trainings? To win another 2 CL trophies? I swear I understand her and her decision.
My problem was with Groot, who is just the biggest talen of our time. She wasn1t even overused and still she just let her get convinced by Broch(she expressed it in her several interviews) while they were spending together even their summer holidays.
This is the statistic, that I can show to prove it: they were always together and convinced each other... Not saying that all Dutch players are like that but if you see a pattern, you should learn from it(and I mean this foir Győr's management...)

I cannot defend her decesion as she doesn't have a plan B. Though she is gorgeous too(IMHO), not being a modelling type, she had to stick with handball.
Just not sure why so undermotivated?
Why not joining CSM, Podgorica or Rostov instead?
Why isn't she hungry any more? Why does it fit her to work less, earn less, win less and release all the great opportunities to become a legend of handball?

Derp
Extra Member

Postby Derp » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:09 pm

Putting aside the last topic, I read news that probably Győr has signed Stolle(stole her from FTC who could sign only Behnke and Bölk) from the next season to replace Bulatovic.
Can someone confirm this from Germany?

Also Snelder goes to Siófok, Lukács also goes to Győr.

Gojira
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Gojira » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:32 pm

These are rumours, not news. There is a topic for such.

Kangaroo
Regular

Postby Kangaroo » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:55 pm

Except for Benkhe, none is really interesting for a Final 4. Stolle is really not much, Bolk is indeed good for FTC material. I would say Gyor did not make a good acquisition, whilst the both transfer for FTC are good.

Kangaroo
Regular

Postby Kangaroo » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:57 pm

gyms wrote:Laura Glauser (GK, FRA) from Metz to Győri Audi ETO.

https://www.gyorietokc.hu/hu/hirek/hir/ ... r3cynIBwDA

And this one is a really solid transfer compared to Stolle. If she reaches the old form, of course.

Derp
Extra Member

Postby Derp » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:10 pm

Kangaroo wrote:

And this one is a really solid transfer compared to Stolle. If she reaches the old form, of course.

But does this go together with signing Solberg?
I know that Grimsbo is leaving so from Kiss and Leynaud which one of them will be leaving too? Or maybe both?

Inna
Regular

Postby Inna » Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:34 pm

Victoria Borshenko from Rostov :arrow: WHC CSKA

bajkalb
Extra Member

Postby bajkalb » Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:30 pm

Derp wrote:
Kangaroo wrote:

I know that Grimsbo is leaving so from Kiss and Leynaud which one of them will be leaving too? Or maybe both?

No need for more GK if Glauser and Solberg are on board

Derp
Extra Member

Postby Derp » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:27 pm

bajkalb wrote:
Derp wrote:
Kangaroo wrote:

It's okay, just what do we know about the rest? Do they plan to employ 3 GKs?
I was told earlier that Kiss has maternity plans so perhaps this is also covered this way, but what about Leynaud?

bajkalb
Extra Member

Postby bajkalb » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:34 am

Derp wrote:
bajkalb wrote:
Derp wrote:

It's okay, just what do we know about the rest? Do they plan to employ 3 GKs?
I was told earlier that Kiss has maternity plans so perhaps this is also covered this way, but what about Leynaud?

I think she called it an international career and goes home

gyms
Handball Fan-atic

Postby gyms » Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:43 pm

Julie Foggea (FRA, GK) +1 year in Érd.

http://www.nemzetisport.hu/kezilabda/no ... sa-2739447

Anol

Postby Anol » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:51 am

Elma Halilcevic prolongs her contract with Esbjerg for one year =D>
http://www.teamesbjerg.dk/2020/01/02/un ... ig-aftale/