Waterpolo

Anything But Handball Here
Goran

Postby Goran » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:43 pm

mikh wrote:Can someone translateor sum up the post above, please?


Summarized:

The journalist text says Macedonia created a sensation on the EC in Malaga when won over Russia and by that win qualified for the WC in Rome.

It also expresses the dilemma that Macedonia may be qualified for the next EC in Zagreb, which was said to our assistant coach by someone from the world federation.

Meckic, the coach: We played for 2 million Macedonians
We are a small country with 2 million people, but everyone was with us. We played for them and seventh or eight place is a success.



mikh
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 2905
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:18 pm
Location: North of the Wall
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 86 times

Postby mikh » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:21 pm

Thanks Goran and congratulations for your wonderful performances there! Best of luck for the future, too!

Anybody has any ideas about qualifications for WCh in Rome, 2009? Are there going to be any other qualification places for Europe or did Macedonia get the last spot?

mikh
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 2905
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:18 pm
Location: North of the Wall
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 86 times

Postby mikh » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:25 pm

First 8 teams are quaranteed automatic qualification for WCh in Rome, next year. Romania will ave to wait for the OG and hope that first 6 places there are taken all by European teams. Thus, we will take the extra spot.

moby
Regular
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:36 pm
Location: Macedonia

Montenegro - Champions

Postby moby » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:39 pm

Happy Independence Day for Montenegro, i wish you win tonight and i will support (navivam) Montenegro.
Great coach, great goalkeepers, players and tactics, and big HEART. And this is enough for win. :thumright:

User avatar
karel
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1025
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:59 am
Location: Szczecin, near Berlin
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 4 times
Contact:

Re: Montenegro - Champions

Postby karel » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:39 pm

moby wrote:Happy Independence Day for Montenegro

All the best also from me. Now I know when Montenegro's Day is :D
Image

mikh
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 2905
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:18 pm
Location: North of the Wall
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 86 times

Postby mikh » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:49 pm

6-5 in Extra time for Montenegro! Superb final!!!

Bravo Crna Gora!!! Your first title in team sports! Beautiful gift on the occasion of your Independence Day!

Best wishes! :D

moby
Regular
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:36 pm
Location: Macedonia

Postby moby » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:00 pm

It seems that Montenegrin`s are still celebrating :dj: :cheers: :rambo: :viking: the victory :mrgreen:

Carefully with alcohol and maybe guns? :rambo: :pirat: [-X :mrgreen:

Bravo "Crvene Ajkule" 8:)

moby
Regular
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:36 pm
Location: Macedonia

Re: Montenegro - Champions

Postby moby » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:08 pm

karel wrote:All the best also from me. Now I know when Montenegro's Day is :D


Well, maybe is not "Independance Day" a don`t know how to translate "Dan Drzavnosti" to English. But is very important holiday

Edited
here it is, 13 July, Statehood Day (non-working)

ozi
Very Important Member
Posts: 1970
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2003 11:40 pm
Location: Podgorica
Has thanked: 12 times

Postby ozi » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:00 am

Hi guys...thank you alll...I just came back from celebration...I am just sorry that I wasn't able to go to Kotor that is our waterpolo capital. I still do not believe that this is happening!!!!!!! And now excuse me...I have to go to sleep...I am barely keeping my eyes open...I was on the streets since 18h preparing for the game if you know what I mean :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Belerefont
Rookie
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:07 pm
Location: Македонија

Postby Belerefont » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:40 am

ozi wrote:Hi guys...thank you alll...I just came back from celebration...I am just sorry that I wasn't able to go to Kotor that is our waterpolo capital. I still do not believe that this is happening!!!!!!! And now excuse me...I have to go to sleep...I am barely keeping my eyes open...I was on the streets since 18h preparing for the game if you know what I mean :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


some pics or video klip from celebration post here ;)

User avatar
Stefan_MNE
Champions League 2010/2011; 2011/2012 and European Championship 2012 Fantasy Game Winner
Posts: 1370
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:46 pm
Location: Podgorica/Groningen
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Postby Stefan_MNE » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:59 am

Champiooooooooooooooooooons!\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

I'm absolutely thrilled and delighted and... you name it! 8:) The feeling is fantastic! I also just came back from the celebration in Podgorica, and I'll se what I can do about the pics.... ;)

User avatar
Stefan_MNE
Champions League 2010/2011; 2011/2012 and European Championship 2012 Fantasy Game Winner
Posts: 1370
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:46 pm
Location: Podgorica/Groningen
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Postby Stefan_MNE » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:22 am


User avatar
Belerefont
Rookie
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:07 pm
Location: Македонија

Postby Belerefont » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:15 pm

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
timus
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1154
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:41 am
Location: Szeged
Contact:

Postby timus » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:01 am

karel wrote:
Stefan_MNE wrote:It is popular not only in Montenegro, but also in Hungary (along with handball sport no. 1), then in Croatia, Serbia, Italy & greece... As you have mentioned, I suppose it's tradition that makes this sport very popular here, but also maybe the fact that we have a warm and clear sea... :lol:

Yes, I know, especially all Balkans and South Europe are interested in this sport. Maybe you are right with this sea :D
Thank you for the answer :)


Well, Hungary don't have any sea, but waterpolo is very popular, and Hungary is the most succesful nation in the olympics: 8 gold medals, 3-3 silver and bronze. We won the last two Olympics, but I think we have less chance to won the third. Montenegro and Serbia seems very strong this year. Congratulations, Montenegro!

kleber
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 4015
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:21 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 8 times

Postby kleber » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:45 pm

Hey what about the women,guess who won the title..... :? :?

Yeah,Russia. 8:) 8:)

Handball world champions
Volley world champions
Basket european champions
Water Polo european champions

etc,etc,etc...... ;)
Portugal is in the euro 2008,finaly!!!!!

User avatar
karel
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1025
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:59 am
Location: Szczecin, near Berlin
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 4 times
Contact:

Postby karel » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:40 am

I wonder if some Hungarian fans have already seen a film by Krisztina Goda- "1956 - Freedom and love" (I don't know the original title; this is English translation of Polish title). As far as I know it is a movie about waterpolo match between Hungary and USSR during OG in 1956, so sport and politics are involved in that ( everybody who is interested in histrry knows the relations between Hungary and USSR in 1956...). In the begining of the August I will be able to watch and I'm curious if somebody have seen it.
Image

User avatar
Galpa
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1783
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:47 pm
Location: Budapest

Postby Galpa » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:24 pm

karel wrote:I wonder if some Hungarian fans have already seen a film by Krisztina Goda- "1956 - Freedom and love" (I don't know the original title; this is English translation of Polish title). As far as I know it is a movie about waterpolo match between Hungary and USSR during OG in 1956, so sport and politics are involved in that ( everybody who is interested in histrry knows the relations between Hungary and USSR in 1956...). In the begining of the August I will be able to watch and I'm curious if somebody have seen it.


Yes it's a quite famous and new movie about this story. I have seen it and I will be curious of your opinion ;)
Our national Waterpolo team is also acting in it. :) Perhaps a bit too dramatic but I liked it.

"Szabadság, szerelem" is the hungarian title.

http://www.szabadsagszerelemafilm.hu/
MKB Veszprém -- Anita Görbicz -- Győri Audi ETO KC -- Hungary

ozi
Very Important Member
Posts: 1970
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2003 11:40 pm
Location: Podgorica
Has thanked: 12 times

Postby ozi » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:32 pm

I'd like to see that one! Can it be found on net?

User avatar
karel
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1025
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:59 am
Location: Szczecin, near Berlin
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 4 times
Contact:

Postby karel » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:49 pm

Galpa wrote:
Yes it's a quite famous and new movie about this story. I have seen it and I will be curious of your opinion ;)



Thanks, I'll try to write something about it, after I have watched it. :)
Image

User avatar
Galpa
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1783
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:47 pm
Location: Budapest

Postby Galpa » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:34 pm

ozi wrote:I'd like to see that one! Can it be found on net?


I have downloaded the film from the net, so I have it in Hungarian.
It could be seen in cinemas in 2006 (50. anniversary) in English as well, because of its popularity among foreign people. It became the most successful domestic film in that year.

It's a very touching, emotional film about the situation, that historical event, without happy end. Their aim was also to commemorate 1956, not only making money.

I don't know in which countries will it be spread, in which languagaes, so I can't really help, perhaps someone else. Or if I get any infos I will tell.
MKB Veszprém -- Anita Görbicz -- Győri Audi ETO KC -- Hungary

User avatar
timus
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1154
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:41 am
Location: Szeged
Contact:

Postby timus » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:36 pm

Galpa wrote:
ozi wrote:I'd like to see that one! Can it be found on net?


I have downloaded the film from the net, so I have it in Hungarian.
It could be seen in cinemas in 2006 (50. anniversary) in English as well, because of its popularity among foreign people. It became the most successful domestic film in that year.

It's a very touching, emotional film about the situation, that historical event, without happy end. Their aim was also to commemorate 1956, not only making money.

I don't know in which countries will it be spread, in which languagaes, so I can't really help, perhaps someone else. Or if I get any infos I will tell.


The international title of the film is Children of glory, try this, maybe you can find it somewhere.

Here's the trailer of the film:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=k3NIwJEzdyY&feature=related

User avatar
Mejc
Extra Member
Posts: 532
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:08 am
Location: East Parramatta
Contact:

Postby Mejc » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:08 pm

kleber wrote:Hey what about the women,guess who won the title..... :? :?

Yeah,Russia. 8:) 8:)

Handball world champions
Volley world champions
Basket european champions
Water Polo european champions

etc,etc,etc...... ;)


Too bad in basketball you're not going to win gold as the Aussie are taking gold :p

User avatar
karel
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1025
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:59 am
Location: Szczecin, near Berlin
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 4 times
Contact:

Postby karel » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:04 am

karel wrote:
Galpa wrote:
Yes it's a quite famous and new movie about this story. I have seen it and I will be curious of your opinion ;)



Thanks, I'll try to write something about it, after I have watched it. :)


I've watched the film. It is pretty good. Maybe a little bit schematic love plot (in Hollywood style), but I generally liked it. I think the story (events in Hungary in 1956 and that waterpolo match) is greater than the film, but as I said - the film isn't bad at all. It was also visible that a lot of money was involved in the production, which makes the movie more realistic.
Image

User avatar
Iceberg_
Extra Member
Posts: 430
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:33 am

Postby Iceberg_ » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:32 am

Montenegro will have 3 teams in this season of Euroleague... :D :D :D

Another nation with 3 teams is Croatia...

So, from Adriatic league :arrow: 6 :!: Superb :lol:

Domination of Hungarian and Italian teams (I mean in number of CL teams) is oooover ;)

Congratulations :!:

mikh
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 2905
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:18 pm
Location: North of the Wall
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 86 times

Re: Waterpolo

Postby mikh » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:13 am

Results from the Independence Cup, in Russia:

Day 1
Romania - Serbia 12-5 (2-2, 4-2, 2-1, 4-0) :shock:
Russia - Greece 11-8 (3-2, 2-2, 4-1, 2-3)

Day 2
Romania - Russia 12-8 (3-4, 3-4, 1-0, 5-0), în timp ce Grecia a remizat cu multipla Greece - Serbia 9-9

Day 3
Romania - Greece 10-7 (1-2, 5-2, 3-1, 1-2) :shock:
Serbia - Russia not played

Anyone has any ideas about the Serbian team from this tournament? Thanks!

Next important tournament will be from 26th to 28th of June, in Bucharest. The "Romanian Cup" will gather Germany, Russia, Hungary and Romania.


Return to “Off Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest