WCh 2015 (Qatar) - Qualification

Talking about MALE handball in the World
mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Re: WCh 2015 (Qatar) - Qualification

Postby mikh » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:34 pm

karel wrote:Wyszomirski =D> and Bielecki, who was scoring time after time like in his best years - they were the key factors of the success.
Beatin Germany in Germany. It always tastes sweet for Polish fan. :) As Kleber wrote: Germany miss another big tournament. It is a disaster for this "handball country" with such a strong league... :-"

While being coached by the grumpiest of Germans ;)

Wyszomirski is on his way of becoming one of those great keepers. And it all started in 2008 in Bucharest (much just like Landin).
Bielecki was simply amazing. He scored 2 crucial goals in the final 10 minutes when Poland was 1 man down and on passive play.

About Germany, they start to resemble to England (you know that saying about England inventing the best sports for the rest of the world to beat them at it). Even more worrying for the Germans should be that in the next qualifying campaign they will face Spain and Austria (good thing the best 3rd placed also qualifies).

Ivar

Postby Ivar » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:02 pm

karel wrote:As Kleber wrote: Germany miss another big tournament. It is a disaster for this "handball country" with such a strong league... :-"

If the national league was the only thing that affected how strong a national team is, Iceland would suck. Germans have the talent, but I don't think they have a very good mentality towards the national team. Where are Christian Zeitz and Pascal Hens, for example? If their best players retire from the NT early, no wonder it lacks firepower.

kleber
Handball Fan-atic

Postby kleber » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:24 pm

Oh well with Austria in the euro qual group maybe germany will miss another major tournament. :lol:

Spain will top the group.

Congrats Belarus,another qual for a major tournament. =D>
Portugal is in the euro 2008,finaly!!!!!

kleber
Handball Fan-atic

Postby kleber » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:57 pm

Bosnia eliminate Iceland! :shock:

hungary,germany,serbia and iceland miss qatar 2015
Portugal is in the euro 2008,finaly!!!!!

Ivar

Postby Ivar » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:03 pm

Eliminated by Bosnia ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

This is a disaster. Worse than the 2009 playoffs, because Olympics...

I'm speechless. We just got our strongest team back again after half our NT was injured in the Euro, but then this happens...

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:22 pm

If my understanding of the distribution algo is correct, these are the pots for the WCh 2015 draw (in brackets the team whose place they're taking according to the final ranking of WCh 2013 and the qualification results):

Pot 1
champion Spain
eur1 France
eur2 Denmark
eur3 Croatia

Pot 2
eur4 (Ger) Poland
eur5 (Rus) Russia
eur6 (Hun) Slovenia
eur7 (Srb) Czech R.

Pot 3
eur8 (Isl) Bosnia and Herzegovina
eur9 (Mkd) Macedonia
afr1 (Tun) Algeria
host Qatar

Pot 4
eur10 (Blr) Belarus
ame1 (Bra) Argentina
eur11 (-) Austria
eur12 (-) Sweden

Pot 5
afr2 (Egy) Tunisia
afr3 (Alg) Egypt
ame2 (Arg) Brazil
asi1(Ksa) Bahrain

Pot 6
asi2 (Qat) Iran
asi3 (Kor) United Arab Emirates
ame3 (Chl) Chile
oce1 (Aus) Australia
Last edited by mikh on Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

william
Regular

Postby william » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:16 pm

Yes this is really a disaster for Germany. we have always plenty of talented players (won a lot of junior titles in the last years) but the last years really sucked. It is not only that we have the strongest league, we also have most handball players. So the base is broad. It will be a long way to go back and now we have to find a new coach. Bosnia is a real surprise but Icelands defense was awful. Interesting qualification this time. Hungary also failed.

karel
Handball Fan-atic

Postby karel » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:02 pm

mikh wrote:While being coached by the grumpiest of Germans ;)

Yes, I think the whole situation was difficult for Biegler, but he can definitely feel a big satisfaction at the moment, as he has eliminated his homeland.

Ivar wrote:If the national league was the only thing that affected how strong a national team is, Iceland would suck.

I agree. The national league is not a main factor of success in sport. My point was, that it is really sad to have such a strong league, so big popularity of this sport in the country and - at the same time - keep on collapsing with every year. Germans have been in crisis, which would be difficult to stop it.
Yes, we may compare the situation with England in football: top league with no successes of NT. But English team at least used to qualify to the big tournaments...
About Bosnia - it is another noticeable achievement for this poor country after qualify to the football World Cup in Brazil (they are playing against Argentina at the moment :) ). Congratulations.
Czechs made a big thing. They lost to Serbia with 8 goals and managed to win higher at home. :-" So, they had some consolation after their girls had lost to ours. I think Czech fans expected the success of female team more than male. Well, the faith is sometimes untoward. ;)
No Hungary and Iceland in WCh... :(

gergő
Handball Fan-atic

Postby gergő » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:17 am

hungary controlled the first 113 minutes of theirs duel. and than collapsed. like the women olympic final in sydney and 3 years later the wc final in zagreb. the common point was lajos mocsai just like sunday. its time to leave, buddy! im speechless. everything started with a man advantage around the 53rd minutes. the partial result was a solid 0:3 in that period.
lajos mocsai is a world class coach if we're talking about the pre-match preparation. but he's totally useless during the matches.

meteo
Handball Fan-atic

Postby meteo » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:46 pm

gergő wrote:lajos mocsai is a world class coach if we're talking about the pre-match preparation. but he's totally useless during the matches.

I could name a lot of coaches that have such a profile - let me start with Heuberger for instance... ;)
Greetings from Germany

"The best is yet to come": Barack Obama (06.11.12) quotes Holly Lam-Moores (30.07.12)

gergő
Handball Fan-atic

Postby gergő » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:01 pm

meteo wrote:
gergő wrote:lajos mocsai is a world class coach if we're talking about the pre-match preparation. but he's totally useless during the matches.

I could name a lot of coaches that have such a profile - let me start with Heuberger for instance... ;)

i didnt say that hes the only one. so i do not see the point of your comment. :roll: :)

meteo
Handball Fan-atic

Postby meteo » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:57 am

Just to say that there are a lot coaches that have the same problem. But only a small bnch of coaches that are better coaching during matches. It's a hard task to find the fitting one.
Greetings from Germany

"The best is yet to come": Barack Obama (06.11.12) quotes Holly Lam-Moores (30.07.12)

Grzymisław
Extra Member

Postby Grzymisław » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:07 pm

So the full results were:

Poland 54:52 Germany
Any of these teams is out, then it's a waste for competition and for handball as a sport. And Germans are out again. They got few stars like Glandorf, Kraus and Bitter back after a pause in national team, Poles missed Jaszka(2 games), Lijewski and Jurkiewicz(1 game each). It was very close battle at very high level. Germans led by 5 in both games and blown it to lose by 1 at the end twice... So Poles deserved a win, but Germans were very good tactically, pushed Poland to their limits and really outstanding performance in 2nd match.

Slovenia 54:51 Hungary
Hungarians had 6 goals advantage overall for some time, but blown it in 15 minutes, so hadn't really deserved to qualify. Slovenia was missing few superstars and still advances. Another race for medals starts I believe. But it wasn't fair, both teams should play in Qatar.

Sweden 52:45 Romania
Scandinavians were clear favourites and they did so quite safely. No story there, despite Romanians stood very strong at home they hadn't given a fight away, as the game was decided very early.

Macedonia 62:48 Greece
Well, Greeks shouldn't be there, but rather Portugal or Slovakia, and couldn't be really dangerous for Lazarov and co. And no way they were.

Czech Republic 48:44 Serbia
Serbs done it, many people said after a win at home by 8. But Euro 2012 runner-ups managed to blow it all in the first half of return game. Czechs got huge number of gifts - bad shots and easy turnovers, that they simply must take an advantage on that. And I think a few regret Serbia misses the championships. To see Ilić, Vujin and other superstars is one side, but with such a poor performance they did at Euro 2014 and in this duel, it's hard to expect something positive from them. Jicha arrives, so not that much a damage to the number of superstars in competition.

Russia 63:44 Lithuania
Kuleshov's team did their job in violent fashion. And it's good to see them competitive again. Maybe...

Bosnia & Herzegovina 62:61 Iceland
Huge sensation and very sad news, as I like Iceland so much. Bosnians, propably 4th weakes in theory after Lithuania, Greece and Romania, were solid in offence, not that bad in defence too. Missing their superstar Palmarsson Iceland was very unefficient in offence. Would like to tell more about the reasons of this shocking loss for them. Palmarsson is nearly like Lazarov for Macedonia, that's true, but not all. Icelandic players are often experienced, but are usually far from their prime, Atlason(after serious injury at the 2012 autumn), Gudjonsson(for years), Gustavsson(never), Jakobsson(for years) - none of these key players is really a world class. However, reservers are too unexperienced and due to that roster is still very much the same it was a few years ago, when they were all better than now(maybe except Sigurdsson) and missing Palmarsson they cannot win medals, but also sometimes defeat solid(and nothing more) opponents...

Austria 56:54 Norway
Very close battle won by Austrians. Despite not really star squad, they qualify again with next Icelandic coach. Possibly too much based on junior(or not much older) back players Norwegians missed that time, but their good years are coming?

LDhand
Regular

Postby LDhand » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:49 am

PanAmerican Championship ended yesterday in Uruguay:

Final: Argentina 30:19 Brazil
3rd Place: Chile 25:24 Uruguay

To WCh: Argentina, Brazil and Chile. And no, Brazil didn't play with a B team if you're wondering, they were only missing Felipe Borges.

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:45 am

LDhand wrote:PanAmerican Championship ended yesterday in Uruguay:

Final: Argentina 30:19 Brazil
3rd Place: Chile 25:24 Uruguay

To WCh: Argentina, Brazil and Chile. And no, Brazil didn't play with a B team if you're wondering, they were only missing Felipe Borges.

:( No Greenland again. They lost the decisive to Chile in the 2nd half. However Akutaaneq Kreutzmann became the goal scorer of the team.
I've updated the pots now that we know all the teams involved.

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:49 am

It will be a strange tournament with only pot 1 teams + Poland being genuinely strong. Of course this will leave room for many surprises and I suppose we can count on Qatar of getting at least to the last 8. I think there will be at least one more surprise team in the last 8 also.

Deuce

Postby Deuce » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:14 pm

Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.

Ivar

Postby Ivar » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:29 pm

Deuce wrote:The power of money.
http://www.eurohandball.com/article/19974

Okay, this makes me legitimately angry. Not only has the IHF abandoned Oceania (a disgrace), but they're letting in Germany ahead of Iceland? Iceland had the best goal record of the losers in the playoffs AND Germany didn't even qualify for the last Euro, while Iceland got fifth! Why not let the last Euro decide since they're focusing on Europe? ](*,) ](*,)

Oh, I forgot, Germany has money.

Not saying Iceland should be there since we didn't qualify, but this whole situation stinks of corruption. They just happened to abandon Oceania after Germany failed to qualify the second time in a row? Give me a break, what a disgraceful act.

into the vortex
Rookie

Postby into the vortex » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:14 pm

It's a disgrace for german handball society. Shame on you guys.

Arcosh
Extra Member

Postby Arcosh » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:19 pm

What a disgrace for IHF and DHB ](*,)

German players and officials even dare to show their joy about this farce in social media. (DHB-Vice-President Bob Hanning, Uwe Gensheimer) #-o #-o #-o

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:07 am

And if you thought German handball hit a low after losing to Poland, you were wrong!
They STOLE the place from Australia and "qualified" to the WCh! Well done DHB, German NT, IHF and EHF! I hope all of them get booed wherever they go from now on (unfortunately, it's the only way a supporter can make his voice heard in the world of handball).

Ivar

Postby Ivar » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:38 am

mikh wrote:And if you thought German handball hit a low after losing to Poland, you were wrong!
They STOLE the place from Australia and "qualified" to the WCh! Well done DHB, German NT, IHF and EHF! I hope all of them get booed wherever they go from now on (unfortunately, it's the only way a supporter can make his voice heard in the world of handball).

Actually, this decision was made in spite of the EHF. Their priority of European wildcards that they sent to the IHF put Iceland first, Hungary second and Serbia third, based on the Euro performances. Not saying Iceland should be there, by the way, but this is entirely the fault of the IHF.

I sincerely hope that either the EHF or the OHF/Australia sues the living hell out of the IHF over this.

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:48 am

The EHF should've had the spine to say NO to this buffoonery!

I hope Australia and OHF sue them at the Tribunal d'Arbitrage Sportif (TAS) which should have a good enough authority to turn this decision around.
I'm especially curious by this phrasing: "There is currently no Continental Confederation in Oceania recognized by the International Handball Federation".
Why is this the case? What does it ACTUALLY mean? Why doesn't IHF assist them in solving their problems, if there are any? Which EXISTING RULES were uses to give the place to Europe in first place and to Germany in particular? This is a flagrant breaking of their own rules and this brings nothing shame to our sport!

And that disgusting Mustaffa, the dictator in front of IHF, "polishing the handball diamond"... what are they doing for handball in Oceania? Besides instating ghost-federations on all the islands and atolls to win their votes in the elections?

I am ashamed as a supporter of this sport by the way things are currently managed at the highest level at the moment: corruption, hypocrisy and theft.

Ivar

Postby Ivar » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:56 am

mikh wrote:The EHF should've had the spine to say NO to this buffoonery!

I hope Australia and OHF sue them at the Tribunal d'Arbitrage Sportif (TAS) which should have a good enough authority to turn this decision around.
I'm especially curious by this phrasing: "There is currently no Continental Confederation in Oceania recognized by the International Handball Federation".
Why is this the case? What does it ACTUALLY mean? Why doesn't IHF assist them in solving their problems, if there are any? Which EXISTING RULES were uses to give the place to Europe in first place and to Germany in particular? This is a flagrant breaking of their own rules and this brings nothing shame to our sport!

And that disgusting Mustaffa, the dictator in front of IHF, "polishing the handball diamond"... what are they doing for handball in Oceania? Besides instating ghost-federations on all the islands and atolls to win their votes in the elections?

I am ashamed as a supporter of this sport by the way things are currently managed at the highest level at the moment: corruption, hypocrisy and theft.

I hope I'm wrong, but it seems that Oceania has simply been abandoned. Usually a decision like this would come BEFORE the qualifiers in Oceania had started, but the fact that it came after Australia secured a spot is completely unethical and shouldn't be tolerated, and its no coincidence that it came after Germany failed to qualify. Unfortunately the EHF can't do anything but complain about the faulty selection of the wildcard.

Since the OHF doesn't exist anymore, I'm curious to see what happens to the national federations. Will they join the Asian Federation, or are they just going to have to dissolve as well? Joining Asia will mean much higher travel costs, which they may not be able to cover. I think the FIFA playoff format would be ideal, so Australia would have to beat a country from another federation to qualify.

In any case, the IHF is just making up new rules as they see fit in this case, ignoring all the protocol they set up themselves. Mustafa and his buddies need to be heavily fined and permanently banned from handball for this, but unfortunately that probably won't happen.

bajkalb
Extra Member

Postby bajkalb » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:14 pm

What's the reason of having qualification games?

Let's make a map, showing the total population the GDP and the handball spending of the countires and invite only the big rich handball countries :shock:

And please ignore the others, like Romania, Iceland, generally the Balkan countries, but especially Hungary. ](*,)

Btw, Hungary deserved to miss the WC, but Germany as well.

Return to “Male Handball”