Men's Junior World Championship - Brazil 2015

Postby mikh » Fri May 22, 2015 1:12 pm

Group stage draw: http://ihf.info/MediaCenter/News/NewsDe ... px?ID=2432
Or, if you're lazy:

Group A: SWE, RUS, NED, TUN, BLR, PAR
Group B: ESP, ROU, SRB, QAT, ANG, POR
Group C: DEN, FRA, ARG, CHI, KOR, ALG
Group D: GER, BRA, EGY, NOR, URU, JAP

My question is: What is Portugal doing here? Shouldn't Croatia be the first reserve team?

Fabbr
Extra Member

Re: Men's Junior World Championship - Brazil 2015

Postby Fabbr » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:41 pm

The official website has been launched:

http://www.brazilhandball2015.com/#!home/c15ov

Silviu
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Silviu » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:16 am

The station which streamed the game Romania vs. Portugal has displayed Romanian flag with the old communist coat of arms. That coat of arms was valid last time almost 26 years ago, when the boys who played last evening were not even born. Displaying it shows lack of professionalism, but it is also sad and offensive. :(

Back to the game, I wanna say that the draw was unfair for the Portuguese, who led from the beginning till last minute and played a beautiful game, with lots of intelligent schemes. Except for the first minutes, Romania had no play with its wings and 0 play with the pivot throughout the whole game, relying only on the back court players. Also, the first 30 minutes we had absolutely no defence in the central area. If something won't change soon, I don't see a bright future for our team at this World Cup.

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:40 pm

^ Yes, also noticed the flag thing and took a print screen to post it here :) Ridiculous and frankly offending. I hope this won't repeat from now on. I wonder if Germany had the Eastern or Western German flags displayed, or the old Belorussian one etc. I also wonder whether they managed to play the right anthem or were they playing "Trei Culori"?

About the game, I strongly disagree. Portugal's game was far from being varied (they were repeating that cross with the pivot coming out and passing the ball to the opposite back before going back in - nothing fancy). They were playing one combination for almost the whole game. They were leading by +5, due to a slow start by our team. Then Romania reduced it to +1, Portugal escaped a couple more times to +5 and every time they were caught up. Plus, their goalies were ridiculous. Their only interventions were on the few occasions when our guys s**t straight at them. Otherwise, almost everything which was on the goal area, was a goal!

Romania exhibited an interesting defense from the beginning, but they couldn't keep focus and/or intensity until the end of the first half. Our attacking game is largely based on the back-line... but nobody can blame them, for once we have an impressive one! However, we need a bit more variation especially for the wings, since they're quite good too. I expected more from our goalie, but he conceded too much from predictable shots from outside. Defense also fell to shambles in the mid part of the game. However, in the final 10 mins Romania kicked ass in defense, with their high variation and that paid off. Portugal had 10 mins to adapt and they didn't.

The one aspect Portugal was indeed superior to Romania last night, was the power-play. They scored on almost all occasions with well built attacks, whereas our boys were simply panicking and rushing at the goal.

Overall a fair result, all things considered. I strongly believe that had it not been for the poor start (we started the match at -4, basically), Romania had all arguments to win it.

Finally... REFS! I am in deep admiration for coaches of both teams for keeping their sh* together last night. Those 2 clowns from Kuwait destroyed a potentially entertaining match with ridiculous decisions: they had absolutely no consistent logic in sanctioning attacking fouls, they were too harsh on normal contacts, the first awarded a strange red card to the Romanian first pivot (perhaps why our pivot game was unsatisfactory) and then 2 more red cards to the Portuguese (for Heavens know what). The result? The teams had no idea how to adapt their play to the refs, players were nervous, coaches as well. I think the scene at the end of the match with both coaches talking to the refs says it all.
I wonder why IHF is perpetuating this double standard? They kick out Australia from a WCh because "they don't have the quality to play in such a competition", but they tolerate and encourage all these clowns whose fault is not primarily that they come from nations which have nothing to do with handball, but the simple fact that they are awful at what they're supposed to do.

One more thing: I still wonder why Portugal is at this WCh? EHF said on their website that they were the first reserve, based on their result from the qualification tournament. Buuut, unless the criterion was "first not qualified nation with a red and green flag ", this reserve spot should've been Croatia's (the only non-defeated team, which failed to qualify).

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:51 pm

Btw, some other interesting results yesterday:

Qatar - Spain 27:26, after the qataris came back from -5 at HT. Valero Rivera is coaching them, too.
France - Algeria 26:25, always interesting rivalry, but let's admit that this result is a huge surprise
Brazil - Japan 31:30, Japan might just be on the right track for building a good team for the Tokyo 2020 OG

Interesting days ahead...

Fabbr
Extra Member

Postby Fabbr » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:37 am

Being brazilian, I'm really sorry about the issue with the Romanian flag. Unfortunately, I think the mistake will remain, since it seems that there is no limits for the studpidity of those doing the broadcasting. Well, all of you can judge by the obnoxious, long and unimportant replays with extremely bad timing. If you could only understand some of the cr...p told by the narrator ](*,)
I'll try to point out the disrespectful mistake to Brazilian Handball Confederation at twitter, but I doubt they will even aknowledge my message.
On the bright side, Brazil beated Norway with impressive 37 x 24. Obs: Sander Sagosen is not playing at this WCh.

Silviu
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Silviu » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:57 pm

^ You're very kind, thank you! Let's hope our boys will play a good handball and will "revenge" the flag mistake :D.

Congratulations to Brazil for the win!

JanniB
Extra Member

Postby JanniB » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:40 pm

Games of July 20-22, 2015

Denmark - Chile 39-20 (18-10)

Denmark: Pelle Guldager 6, Christian Jensen 6, Simon Jensen 6, Cornelius Aastrup 6, Jacob Holm 5, Johan Hansen 3, Andreas Jensen 3, Martin Christensen 2, Magnus Jensen 1, Magnus Jacobsen 1

Chile: Jose Veliz 4, Daniel Ayala 4, Ismael Bastidas 3, Luciano Flores 3, Victor Valenzuela 2, Javier Velanzueela 1, Juan Pablo Salas 1, Rodolfo Lopez 1, Vincenzo Barchezi 1

Sweden - Tunisia 35-27 (17-11)

Sweden: Pontus Zetterman 5, Jerry Tollbring 5, Viktor Rhodin 4, Niklas Mork 4, Simon Jeppsson 3, Henrik Olsson 3, Emil Ofors 3, Emil Andersson 3 , Lukas Nilsson 3, Daniel Ekman 1, Jesper Lindgren 1

Tunisia: Bilel Abdelli 8, Mehdi Berry 7, Hamza Kablouti 4, Mohamed Fourati 3, Yassine Zaatir 2, Omar Ayadi 2, Mahamed Ali Dhouibi 1

Netherlands - Belarus25-37 (12-15)

Netherlands: Thies Berendsen 6, Evert Kooijman 4, Ephrahim Jerry 4, Serge Heijnen 3, Tim Bottinga 3, Robin Jansen 2, Nils Dekker 1, Rik Elissen 1, Kay Smits 1

Belarus: Hleb Harbuz 7, Artsem Karalek 6, Artur Karvatski 5, Adrei Yurynok 5, Vadim Gayduchenko 3, Mikita Vailupau 3, Artsiom Kulak 2, Uladzislau Kulesh 2, Maksim Sonchyk 2, Aliaksandr Padshyvalau 2

France - Algeria 26-25 (13-11)

France: Gueido Traore 4, Alexandre Tritta 4, Alexandre Saidani 3, Quentin Dupui 3, Youenn Cardinal 3, Sebastian Joubel 3, Johannes Marescot 2, Florian Billant 1, Mahamadou Keita 1, Rudy Seri 1, Nicolas Tournat 1

Algeria: Zakaria Khelil 4, Mohamed Griba 4, Sofiane Temmam 4, Walid Djebrouni 4, Amie Mouats 3, Ameur Allouach 2, Monssef Dechoul 2, Mahdi Djehiche 2

Spain - Qatar 26-27 (16-11)

Spain: Aleix Gomez Abello 7, Francisco Arino Garcia 5, Adrian Fernandez Clemente 4, Migallon Sanchez 3, Diego Pineiro Martin 2, Jon Azkue Saizar 2, Ignacio Jimenez 1, Alvaro Del Valle Navasa 1, Arnau Garcia Barcelo 1

Qatar: Ahmad Madadi 8, Amir Denguir 4, Luka Bendevis 4, Marwane Sassi 3, Abdelrahman Abdalla 2, Omar Alsafadi 2, Abdulaziz Helali 2, Ameen Zakkar 1, Salem Jedaied 1

Argentina - Korea 18-28 (9-12)

Argentina: Bernachea Tomas 4, Dechamps Sebastian 4, Lomnardi Francisco 3, Mourino Gaston 3, Nunez Santiago 2, Carro Gonzalo 1, Zungri Nicolas 1

Korea: Jaeseo Lim 6, Glmin Kim 5, Soongeun Park 4, Dong Hyun Jang 4, Junseok Heo 3, Gimoon Nam 2, Hyemin Sung 2, Young jun Park 1, Seunggwon Oh 1, Dagyeom Kim 1

Romania- Portugal 26-26 (11-15)

Romania: Nicusor Negru 7, Dan Racotea 5, Ramon Somlea 4, Cristian Ungureanu 3, Robert Militaru 2, Adrian Rotaru 2, Andras Szasz 2, Gabriel Burlacu 1

Portugal: Miguel Martins 7, Alexandre Cavalcanti 6, Francisco Leitao 4, Ricardo Mourao 3, Carlos Martins 3, Davide Carvalho 1, Belmiro Alves 1, Diogo Branquinho 1

Serbia - Angola 31-14 (16-3)

Serbia: Mladen Sotic 5, Milan Jovanovic 4, Darko Dukic 4, Aleksandar Kurtes 4, Nemanja Mladenovic 2, Aleksandar Radovanovic 2, Aleksandar Pavlovic 2, Stevan Sretenovic 2, Mihajlo Radojkovic 2, Stefan Terzic 1, Nemanja Zivkovic 1, Ivan Mosic 1, Lazaru Kukic 1

Angola: Manuel Nascimento 7, Nenriques Cassange 3, Abeglei Lourenco 2, Declerck Sibo 1, Denilson Dambe 1

Germany - Norway 28-24 (14-12)

Germany: Max Emanuel 5, Yves Kunkel 5, Simon Ernst 5, Tim Suton 5, Moritz Preuss 2, Timo Kastening 2, Joscha Ritterbach 1, Franz Semper 1, Jona Schoch 1, Jannik Hausmann 1

Norway: August Pedersen 12, Inge Kirksen 6, Goeran Johannessen 4, Emil Nedregaard 1, Henrik Bielenberg 1

Egypt - Uruguay 37-20 (18-7)

Egypt: Akram Adel Yousry Saad 6, Moham Hossam Mohamed 5, Mohamed Mohsen Hassan 4, Ahmed Moustafa Khairi 4, Youssef Ashraf Ezzeldin 3, Yehia Mohamed Elderaa 3, Mohamed Hazem Aly Elamin 2, Mahmoud Assem Mahmoud 2, Ahmed Hossam Hussin 2, Hesham Magdy Sayed 2, Ahmed Adel Abdelrahim 2, Abdelrahman Amr Badawy 1, Baher Elbadrawy Elmetwaly 1

Uruguay: Santiago Angheta 5, Francisco Ancheta 3, Felipe Adler 3, Christian Rostagno 3, Nicolas Perdomo 2, Maximiliano De Agrela 2, Geronimo Goyoaga 1, Nicolas Locardi 1

Russia - Paraguay 44-30 (18-14)

Russia: Alexsander Shkurinskiy 9, Gleb Chernov 7, Leonid Voronin 5, Alexander Izmailov 4, Dmitrii Kiselev 4, Alexsander Petrov 3, Alexander Kotov 3, Alexey Garyaev 3, Gleb Smakhtin 2, Valentin Vorobyev 2, Maxim Kuretkov 2

Paraguay: Igor Garcete Cantero 8, Gustavo Perez Arce 4, Raul Salinas Ramirez 4, Guillermo Benitez 3, Yimmy Rodas 3, Diego Melgarejo Vergara 3, Roberto Godoy Ferreira 2, Jhonny Martinez Insfran 2, Cid Marecos Arias 1

Tunisa - Russia 31-28 (15-16)

Tunisa: Bilel Abdelli 7, Mehdi Berry 5, Hamza Kablouti 5, Mounir Douiri 5, Yassine Zaatir 3, Mohamed Fourati 3, Abdelaziz Helaoui 2, Omar Ayadi 1

Russia Alexsander Shkurinskiy 9, Gleb Chernov 5, Valentiv Vorobyev 4, Leonid Voronin 3, Alexsander Petrov 2, Alexey Garyaev 2, Alexsander Kotov 1, Dmitry Pavlov 1, Maxim Kuretkov 1

Uruguay - Germany 18-37 (9-17)

Uruguay: Santiago Angheta 5, Francisco Ancheta 4, Maximiliano De Agrela 3, Yamandu Rodriguez 2, Christian Rostagno 2, Felipe Adler 1, Adolfo Scalabrini 1

Germany: Yves Kunkel 8, Timo Kastening 6, Joscha Ritterbach 5, Lars Spiess 3, Franz Semper 3
Max Emanuel 3, Alexander Saul 3, Jona Schoch 2, Tim Suton 2, Ernest Simon 1, Jannik Hausmann 1

Belarus - Sweden 23-38 (12-17)

Belarus: Artur Karavatski 5, Hleb Harbuz 4, Artsem Karalek 3, Vadun Gayduchenko 2, Uladzislau Kulesh 2, Andrei Yurynok 2, Zakhar Husakou 1, Anton Barouski 1, Matsvei Malyshenka 1, Aliaksei Shynkel 1, Mikita Vailupau 1

Sweden: Jerry Tollbring 10, Zetterman Pontus 7, Miktor Rhodin 5, Lukas Nilsson 4, Simon Jeppsson 3, Niklas Mork 3, Erik Ostling 2, Daniel Ekman 1, Jesper Konradsson 1, Henrik Olsson 1, Emil Frend Ofors 1

Norway - Brazil 24-37 (13-17)

Norway: August Pedersen 5, Haakon Ekren 5, Emil Nedregaard 3, Mishels Liaba 3, Kristian Rammel 2, Inge Kriksen 2, Goeran Johannessen 2, William Nilsen Nygaard 1, Andre Christiansen 1

Brazil: Rudolph Hackbarth 9, Joao Pedro Silva 7, Gustavo Rodrigues 4, Haniel Langaro 4, Rogerio Ferreira 3, Jose Toledo 3, Leonardo Santos 3, Cleber Andrade 2, Gabriel Nascimento 1, Gabriel Jung 1

Japan - Egypt 27-27 (17-14)

Japan: Shinnosuke Tokuda 10, Kazusa Harada 5, Sena Fuji 3, Ryo Saito 2, Tatsuki Yoshino 2, Yuraro Kawashima 2, Kei Tanaka 2, Hiroyasu Tamakawa 1

Egypt: Ahmed Moustafa Khairi 5, Akram Adel Yousry Saad 4, Yehia Mohamed Elderaa 4, Mohab Hossam Mohamed 3, Hesham Magdy Sayed 3, Mohamed Hazem Alyelamin 2, Ahmed Hossam Hussin 2, Baher Elbadrawy Elmetwaly 2, Abdelrahman Amr Barawy 1, Mahmoud Assem Mahmoud 1

Silviu
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Silviu » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:00 pm

Romania's second game:

- one quart of the time the streaming had no scoreboard displayed;
- one quart of the time the streaming had absolutely no sound;
- one quart of the time the streaming kept freezing every 30 seconds;
- and one quart of the time the streaming looked like this:

But despite all these, we won :D. QAT-ROU 31-32

Oh, and @Fabbr: this time they displayed the good ROU flag =D>.

JanniB
Extra Member

Postby JanniB » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:43 am

Games of July 22nd, 2015

Chile - France 2-38: 9-20

Chile: Daniel Ayala 8, Luciano Flores 8, Ismael Bastidas 3, Juan Pablo Salas 1, Jose Veliz 1, Nicolas Herrera 1

France: Youenn Cardinal 7, Florian Billant 5, Adama Sako 5, Gueldo Traore 4, Florian Delecroix 4, Rudy Seri 3, Sebastien Joumel 3, Mahamadou Keita 2, Nicolas Tournat 2, Johannes Marescot 2,
Nicolas Nieto 1

Qatar - Romania 31-32 (16-16)

Qatar: Amir Denguir 10, Ahmad Madadi 7, Abdulaziz Helali 6, Abdelrahman Abdalla 3, Marwane Sassi 2, Ameen Zakkar 1, Omar Alsafadi 1, Luka Bendevis 1

Romania: Alin Ramon Somlea 10, Nicusor Andrei Negru 8, Ionut Nistor 6, Dan Racotea 3, Nicolae Ungureanu 2, Adrian Rotaru 2, Andras Szasz 1

Angola - Spain 21-32 (12-17)

Angola: Declerck Sibo 7, Henrique Tiago Nhati 7, Manuel Nascimento 4, Abeglei Lourenco 3

Spain: Alvaro Del Valle Navasa 9, Francisco Garcia 4, Migallon Sanchez 3, Oriol Rey 2, Ignacio Jimenez 2, Abel Guntin 2, Aleix Abello 2, Rodrigo Perez Arce 2, Jon Saizar 2, Arnau Garcia Barcelo 1, Adrian Fernandez Clemente 1, Marc Reixach 1, Pablo Lapena 1

Fabbr
Extra Member

Postby Fabbr » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:07 pm

Silviu wrote:- and one quart of the time the streaming looked like this:

When this happens, I'm having some success by clicking on the refreshing button of the browser instead of the imbedded video.
But the streaming is a real shame...

Silviu wrote:
Oh, and @Fabbr: this time they displayed the good ROU flag =D>.

I would love to think I could contribute to that, but as I said, but I doubt they even read my twit. The important thing is that the mistake is corrected!

And what a thriller is becoming the romanian group definition! Congrats on the victory over Qatar!

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:39 pm

^ The refresh trick works for me as well. The stream is not great, but at least it's watchable. Better than nothing.

The match against Qatar was a thriller. This Romanian team actually has decent potential and can play modern handball. However, lack of experience is worrying sometimes. And the goalie is not great, yet: he can be waaaay better than what he showed up until now.

Qatar is a really interesting team. Lot of quality shown by Rivera's team. Anyone knows how many of them are non-qatari (i.e. Tunisian, Egyptian etc.), besides the Bosnian and the Croatian?

Portugal defeated Serbia last night, so that means Romania vs. Serbia tonight will also be a tough battle. Add to that the traditional local rivalry between these teams. But indeed, this group is absolute madness, with the 5 main teams capable of any result in direct encounters.

larvik-fan
Extra Member

Postby larvik-fan » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:46 am

Morning, I was looking at the mens U-21 standings, is it goal score that counts if equal points?

Bonderup
Regular

Postby Bonderup » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:57 pm

I think Denmark goes all the way. Talented players on all the positions and many of them have been playing together on the youth national team for some years now. Go Go Go Denmark :D

sinok
Regular

Postby sinok » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:39 pm

Though, France already beat'em during group matches. And it was not a tight game.

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:07 am

sinok wrote:Though, France already beat'em during group matches. And it was not a tight game.

Tighter this time, but not enough. France is the new World Champion! Denmark's generation is nevertheless impressive. They played semis in all important events an got quite a few medals: EC -18 (bronze), Open -19 (bronze), WCh -19 (gold), EC -20 (4th) and WCh -21 (silver). I'd say this is pretty promising for their future.

Some other interesting observations:
- Denmark and Germany are the only team to be in the top 4 in all the main 4 competitions (Germany didn't play the Open)
- Denmark, Germany and Spain were in the top 4 in the first 3 major competitions at this level (including the 2 EC); Spain came 5th this time around at the WCh, though
- Germany got medals in all the top 4 competitions in which they took part: they one the 2 ECh and took bronze in the 2 WCh
- the only "intruders" in this 4 teams club were: Romania (silver at the Open -19), Croatia (silver at the WCh -19), and France (gold at the WCh -21) and Egypt (4th at the WCh -21)

max
Extra Member

Postby max » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:30 pm

Yes DK can only be happy with another "top-result"
Just wondering if France now made a point: we will dominate the male NT handball for years to come?
- do the future belong to the mad ? -

Fabbr
Extra Member

Postby Fabbr » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:04 pm

Congrats, France!
Despite living in Brazil, I couldn't see the final because the streaming just s**** ](*,)
However, I would like to observe that DEN played this WCh without N. Kirkelokke, Lasse Anderson, Sebastian Frandsen...and GER without Paul Drux, Fabian Wiede.
I'm just saying here that there are more top class players in this DEN's and GER's generation, other than those which came to the WCh, I'm not speculating about what could be the results if they have played this WCh.

Bonderup
Regular

Postby Bonderup » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:38 am

There are a lot of good videos on youtube from Men's Junior World Championship - Brazil 2015 :D.
You can find some of the videos here: https://www.youtube.com/user/ihftv/videos

Return to “Male Handball”