Admin needed URGENTLY

Anything But Handball Here
Stefan_MNE
Champions League 2010/2011; 2011/2012 and European Championship 2012 Fantasy Game Winner

Admin needed URGENTLY

Postby Stefan_MNE » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:28 am

Esben or whoever is reading this, your attention is needed here. We are facing serious problems with deviant behavior from some users these days, including trolling, spamming and insulting other users.

December is a critical period for the board every year, as this is the time when there are most active users online and even more unregistered readers. Therefore, I kindly ask you to find a way to put an end to this bizarre behaviuor, which is only getting worse and will eventually make people turn away from the forum - and that’s certainly something we want to avoid.

Once again, please help - either restore order on our own or delegate someone to assume responsibility for managing the forum.

Thank you.

vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic

Re: Admin needed URGENTLY

Postby vlad_impaler » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:20 am

Bosko, dydiana or HB9 want to be moderators. They are very nice people and very active. Lada fan, respect, he had a good heart!

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Postby HB9 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:22 am

Worryingly, I came to the conclusion that we are all stuck on a ship without a captain. 8-[
idle banter.

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:26 pm

I am the only moderator (not admin) here. However, others are free to join and help out.

red and white
Handball Fan-atic

Postby red and white » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:34 pm

mikh wrote:I am the only moderator (not admin) here. However, others are free to join and help out.

It would be great if you could erase certain users. I think it is quite obvious which ones are in question. Or maybe they can just create a new user and then it would not be worth the trouble.

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Postby HB9 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:04 pm

mikh, time to use your powers then. As red and white said, it's always the same who is causing trouble, so it shouldn't be much work. Ask TheB if you need more power.
idle banter.

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:29 am

My "powers" are the same all the time. I can moderate content (which I am actively doing), but not ban user. Pretty limited, no? And I am the only one doing that. Not so pleasant to read the hatred or non-sense of some of the members (the same, you are right) here. Especially when I have a normal life (like most of you :) ) to worry about.
The admin has promised improvements and I trust that he will do so.

But all members here could help:
1. by not responding to provocative posts, that will just spiral into awful discussions and instead,
2. by reporting problematic posts (the ! sign next to the post): makes it easier for me to act;*
3. by volunteering to help with moderation.

* This also helps because reports get logged in the Mod Control Panel and are easier to track, whereas unreported comment can slip undetected and once edited we might not be able to trace back the reason for editing.

Wbk
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Wbk » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:46 am

Got a technical question....

What about filtering posts in chat (maybe in forum as well) by user? In the personal settings, every member would have option to determine, whose chat messages (maybe forum posts as well) won't be displayed for him.

Is this impossible?

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Postby HB9 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:54 am

Just tried it, by adding them to your foe's list you get this in the chat instead:

This message was made by xyz who is currently on your ignore list.

Which is only half good really.

3. by volunteering to help with moderation.

I don't think you need help. I am sure you do a good job otherwise. It's just one member who causes trouble and gets away with it all the time. 99% of it is actually in the chat
idle banter.

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:06 am

Wbk wrote:Got a technical question....

What about filtering posts in chat (maybe in forum as well) by user? In the personal settings, every member would have option to determine, whose chat messages (maybe forum posts as well) won't be displayed for him.

Is this impossible?

I am not on the developing side of the site so I can't really answer this question.
But this is a good idea for a functionality and I'll forward it to the admin such that he discusses it with the developer.

Wbk
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Wbk » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:07 am

HB9 wrote:Just tried it, by adding them to your foe's list you get this in the chat instead:

This message was made by xyz who is currently on your ignore list.

Which is only half good really.

The same goes for the forum:

xyz, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
Display this post?

Better than nothing, but yeah, you can get tired of these notices as well. In any case, shouldn't be complicated at all to carry out such a coding adjustment, which hides it completely.

Return to “Off Topic”