Danish League 19/20

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
User avatar
maz
Extra Member
Posts: 456
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:33 am
Location: Aarhus
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Danish League 19/20

Postby maz » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:51 am

It will be interesting to watch Esbjerg vs København in two weeks time. København has maximum points but I still do not really know how good they are. This will be their first true test. They have shown they are good and better than the middle of the pack but are they as good as Esbjerg and Odense who look like the two contenders this year?



User avatar
masch1
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1627
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:51 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: Danish League 19/20

Postby masch1 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:26 am

maz wrote:It will be interesting to watch Esbjerg vs København in two weeks time. København has maximum points but I still do not really know how good they are. This will be their first true test. They have shown they are good and better than the middle of the pack but are they as good as Esbjerg and Odense who look like the two contenders this year?


Apparently not interesting enough for TV2 to show it [-(

I hope Lykkegaard and one of the right backs return, Lykkegaard especially to add to the defense. And KBH is now challenged on the GK position as Bundsen is pregnant. But it sounds like they are looking for someone to replace her.

I don’t really expect them to play up with Esbjerg and Odense with so many youngsters, but I do believe they can pull some surprises. Even though the “experts” seem to have no faith in them.

User avatar
Anol
Super Member
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:31 pm
Location: Denmark
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Danish League 19/20

Postby Anol » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:09 am

And now they have do without Johanna Bundsen. Eventhough they have a great imo second choice, that is a big loss for Copenhagen

User avatar
masch1
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1627
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:51 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: Danish League 19/20

Postby masch1 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:48 am

Anol wrote:And now they have do without Johanna Bundsen. Eventhough they have a great imo second choice, that is a big loss for Copenhagen


And I can see that Esbjerg hopes to have Polman back for the match. :-k

On other notes, I know Odense wants to do things differently compared to last season and not peak too early, but dear lord a lot of mistakes they made yesterday. I wonder what the management is thinking?Good job by HIH though.

User avatar
Anol
Super Member
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:31 pm
Location: Denmark
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Danish League 19/20

Postby Anol » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:04 am

masch1 wrote:And I can see that Esbjerg hopes to have Polman back for the match. :-k

On other notes, I know Odense wants to do things differently compared to last season and not peak too early, but dear lord a lot of mistakes they made yesterday. I wonder what the management is thinking?Good job by HIH though.


Yeah hopefully Essie will be back, though I'm not sure.
I couldn't watch the game yesterday. Did they really make that many technical errors? Cos there is only 11 registered in the livescore

User avatar
masch1
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1627
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:51 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: Danish League 19/20

Postby masch1 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:10 am

Anol wrote:
masch1 wrote:And I can see that Esbjerg hopes to have Polman back for the match. :-k

On other notes, I know Odense wants to do things differently compared to last season and not peak too early, but dear lord a lot of mistakes they made yesterday. I wonder what the management is thinking?Good job by HIH though.


Yeah hopefully Essie will be back, though I'm not sure.
I couldn't watch the game yesterday. Did they really make that many technical errors? Cos there is only 11 registered in the livescore


Don't know about the stats and I was watching on and off, but it certainly seemed like it, and the players and "experts" also commented on it. Perhaps because it was at an important time in the match.

User avatar
maz
Extra Member
Posts: 456
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:33 am
Location: Aarhus
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Danish League 19/20

Postby maz » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:24 pm

What a nailbiter in Aarhus today and I thought Viborg were going to drive home with the two points when they went up with 2 with 10 minutes left. All the momentum was with Viborg when Aamand and Pontoppidan both got 2min suspensions that they didn't really deserve but when all hope seemed lost - Pontoppidan and Lundbye stepped up and delivered one hell of a performance the last 10 minutes. Took complete charge of the team and lead it to victory. Nothing better than winning in that fashion against one of the local rivals.

Also Wierzba dominated for Skanderborg it seems. Such a shame she never got implemented in Aarhus.

User avatar
maz
Extra Member
Posts: 456
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:33 am
Location: Aarhus
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Danish League 19/20

Postby maz » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:50 pm

We're almost half way through the season and I thought it would only be appropriate with a 'almost-half-way-through-team-of-the-year'.

GK: Anna Kristensen
LW: Freja Cohrt
LB: Anna Wierzba
PM: Mia Rej
RB: Stine Skogrand
RW: Marit Jacobsen
LP: Vilde Ingstad

Best defensive player: Julie Pontoppidan
Most improved player: Helene Kindberg

User avatar
masch1
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1627
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:51 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: Danish League 19/20

Postby masch1 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:04 am

maz wrote:We're almost half way through the season and I thought it would only be appropriate with a 'almost-half-way-through-team-of-the-year'.

GK: Anna Kristensen
LW: Freja Cohrt
LB: Anna Wierzba
PM: Mia Rej
RB: Stine Skogrand
RW: Marit Jacobsen
LP: Vilde Ingstad

Best defensive player: Julie Pontoppidan
Most improved player: Helene Kindberg


Hm, a bit hard to say with such few interesting TV matches, but I suppose mine would be:

GK: Anna K.
LW: Cohrt
LB: Jeanett Kristiansen
PM: Rej
RB: Dione Housheer
RW: Jacobsen
LP: Linn Blohm

Best defensive player: ?
Most improved player: Helene Kindberg/Larissa Nusser

User avatar
Anol
Super Member
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:31 pm
Location: Denmark
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Danish League 19/20

Postby Anol » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:24 pm

So Odense management finally made a statement of sorts regarding Tranborg's departure. Or not as much the departure as it was a response to the implicit critique of the possibilities of personal development at the club. It's behind a paywall, so I'll summerize for you.

what do you think about that there isn't room for development in the club?

I think there are many who think that there is room for that. Otherwise we wouldn't have any players in the club. As far as I can tell there are plenty of possibilities for development at Odense Handball.

Futhermore in an article on JV.dk MT says:
That she has heard so many good things about the way things are done in Esbjerg and that she wanted to be a part of that

The next part isn't completely clear if it's based on something MT said or if it's just journalists ramblings. I'll put it in danish as to not distort the meaning.
Skal man kunne toppræstere inde på banen, skal man være glad, føle sig værdsat og bare have det godt sådan i al almindelighed - og sådan er situationen lige nu i Team Esbjerg, og den historie har Mette Tranborg fået fortalt. Det er en af årsagerne til skiftet.

To me this implies that MT doesn't feel that is the case in Odense, but maybe I'm reading too much into it.
Regardsless her implicit critique of Odense is remarkable considering she's still there for 6-7 months. No matter what her motivation for changing clubs are, it's certainly not money, cos she would get more in Odense. I wonder if there are a general dissatisfaction among the the players, obviously not the case with Mie and Althea.
Sorry for the long post.

User avatar
maz
Extra Member
Posts: 456
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:33 am
Location: Aarhus
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Danish League 19/20

Postby maz » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:21 pm

Celine Lundbye AND June Bøttger on the team of the fall. So much love for Aarhus =D>

More players on the team than the unbeaten number 1 :p

User avatar
masch1
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1627
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:51 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: Danish League 19/20

Postby masch1 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:13 pm

maz wrote:Celine Lundbye AND June Bøttger on the team of the fall. So much love for Aarhus =D>

More players on the team than the unbeaten number 1 :p


Mia Rej and Linn Blohm :p =D>

User avatar
Mixball
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1058
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:31 pm
Location: Copenhagen,Denmark
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: Danish League 19/20

Postby Mixball » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:46 pm

maz wrote:Celine Lundbye AND June Bøttger on the team of the fall. So much love for Aarhus =D>

More players on the team than the unbeaten number 1 :p

U see... I told you why AAU where bad in the one TV match, but you only had eyes for Julie Pontoppidan and gave her all the crap. :p :-"
I welcome your post with enthusiasm.Image

User avatar
Mixball
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1058
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:31 pm
Location: Copenhagen,Denmark
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: Danish League 19/20

Postby Mixball » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:57 pm

Anol wrote:So Odense management finally made a statement of sorts regarding Tranborg's departure. Or not as much the departure as it was a response to the implicit critique of the possibilities of personal development at the club. It's behind a paywall, so I'll summerize for you.

Skal man kunne toppræstere inde på banen, skal man være glad, føle sig værdsat og bare have det godt sådan i al almindelighed - og sådan er situationen lige nu i Team Esbjerg, og den historie har Mette Tranborg fået fortalt. Det er en af årsagerne til skiftet.

To me this implies that MT doesn't feel that is the case in Odense, but maybe I'm reading too much into it.

I just think she needs new air, and her long time injury her made her reflect a bit more than usual. Perfectly mature and healthy thought process imo, and I don't see no reason to point any fingers at Odense for other explanations.
She also states that she isn't quite ready for an abroad adventure just yet, but I'm sure that will come next.
I welcome your post with enthusiasm.Image

User avatar
maz
Extra Member
Posts: 456
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:33 am
Location: Aarhus
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Danish League 19/20

Postby maz » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:24 pm

Mixball wrote:
maz wrote:Celine Lundbye AND June Bøttger on the team of the fall. So much love for Aarhus =D>

More players on the team than the unbeaten number 1 :p

U see... I told you why AAU where bad in the one TV match, but you only had eyes for Julie Pontoppidan and gave her all the crap. :p :-"

:lol: I was disappointed in Julie! But as you can see above, I put her in my Team of the Fall, so I haven't been disappointed in her often. I hold her to such a high standard now :p

User avatar
masch1
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1627
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:51 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: Danish League 19/20

Postby masch1 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:20 am

https://www.herningfolkeblad.dk/artikel ... a94a0afb3/

Unfortunately it costs money, but someone wrote on twitter that Mathias Madsen thinks Klavs has had enough chances.

User avatar
Anol
Super Member
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:31 pm
Location: Denmark
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Danish League 19/20

Postby Anol » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:58 pm

masch1 wrote:https://www.herningfolkeblad.dk/artikel/ea02068e-3024-49e1-8e60-90aa94a0afb3/

Unfortunately it costs money, but someone wrote on twitter that Mathias Madsen thinks Klavs has had enough chances.


Interesting if that is the case. It seems unwise to me to vent those kinds of thoughts in the media. Since it by no means is certain that KBJ will quit or get sacked.

User avatar
masch1
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1627
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:51 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: Danish League 19/20

Postby masch1 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:33 pm

Anol wrote:
masch1 wrote:https://www.herningfolkeblad.dk/artikel/ea02068e-3024-49e1-8e60-90aa94a0afb3/

Unfortunately it costs money, but someone wrote on twitter that Mathias Madsen thinks Klavs has had enough chances.


Interesting if that is the case. It seems unwise to me to vent those kinds of thoughts in the media. Since it by no means is certain that KBJ will quit or get sacked.


Looks like Andreasen and possibly Lars Krogh have said something along the same lines to Midtjyllandsavis and Jyllands Posten but those are also articles you have to pay for.

Normally I would agree, but after what Morten Henriksen said they might feel they need to speak up. And it's also possible they have been wanting to say something for a while now. One could get that impression from some of the episodes of Overtrådt (with other league coaches too).

User avatar
Anol
Super Member
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:31 pm
Location: Denmark
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Danish League 19/20

Postby Anol » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:05 pm

masch1 wrote:Looks like Andreasen and possibly Lars Krogh have said something along the same lines to Midtjyllandsavis and Jyllands Posten but those are also articles you have to pay for.

Normally I would agree, but after what Morten Henriksen said they might feel they need to speak up. And it's also possible they have been wanting to say something for a while now. One could get that impression from some of the episodes of Overtrådt (with other league coaches too).


It's a little different with Lars Krogh, he's not a coach. Futhermore what Henriksen said is what you always say before you terminate a contract in "mutual understanding" and they should know that. That Henriksen backed KBJ doesn't mean s**t in my opinion.

User avatar
masch1
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1627
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:51 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: Danish League 19/20

Postby masch1 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:07 am

Anol wrote:
masch1 wrote:Looks like Andreasen and possibly Lars Krogh have said something along the same lines to Midtjyllandsavis and Jyllands Posten but those are also articles you have to pay for.

Normally I would agree, but after what Morten Henriksen said they might feel they need to speak up. And it's also possible they have been wanting to say something for a while now. One could get that impression from some of the episodes of Overtrådt (with other league coaches too).


It's a little different with Lars Krogh, he's not a coach. Futhermore what Henriksen said is what you always say before you terminate a contract in "mutual understanding" and they should know that. That Henriksen backed KBJ doesn't mean s**t in my opinion.


Well it’s not only what Morten Henriksen said, but it increases the feeling that DHF might hold on to him, so I think they are in their good right to speak up now before it’s too late. As I don’t suppose they are going to participate in the evaluation behind closed doors.

User avatar
Anol
Super Member
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:31 pm
Location: Denmark
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Danish League 19/20

Postby Anol » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:36 am

masch1 wrote:Well it’s not only what Morten Henriksen said, but it increases the feeling that DHF might hold on to him, so I think they are in their good right to speak up now before it’s too late. As I don’t suppose they are going to participate in the evaluation behind closed doors.


Oh I'm not saying that they don't have the right to speak up, they obviously do. I, personally, would just have done it privately and not through the media. But then again it's entirely possible that they already did that and just felt like they were talking to a brickwall.

User avatar
maz
Extra Member
Posts: 456
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:33 am
Location: Aarhus
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Danish League 19/20

Postby maz » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:59 pm

It went under the radar but Aarhus has been able to secure a two-year extension with Nora Persson and I believe she might be the most exciting player in the league that no one knows.

Her overall % is not that great but she is young and new in the league, so that was expected. In flashes she has shown why people in Aarhus have high hopes for her. In the win against TTH she had one outstanding save after the other and completely dominated the shooters from TTH. She is everything the team needs in a goalkeeper with her talent, mentality and personality. I'm over the moon that she is staying for a while in Aarhus.

Now we just need Pontoppidan.

User avatar
masch1
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1627
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:51 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: Danish League 19/20

Postby masch1 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:18 pm


User avatar
maz
Extra Member
Posts: 456
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:33 am
Location: Aarhus
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Danish League 19/20

Postby maz » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:30 am

Saw people around the internet do handball teams of the decade with international player. I don't know many international players, certainly not enough to give an educated guess on it, so I decided I could do a quick one on a team I know for the last decade. SK Aarhus/Aarhus United. So this is my team of the decade of SK Aarhus/Aarhus United.

Goalkeeper: Mathilde Juncker:
- When it's a team of the decade, there can be no other goalkeeper for Aarhus on this team than Mathilde Juncker. Developed at an amazing rate and just had a fantastic attitude.

Left wing: June Böttger
- A machine on the wing and a person who has just embodied what it means to be an Aarhus United-player. She has a great range of shooting, is great 1v1 and plays with no fear.

Left back: Natascha Ohlendorff
- Many would probably expect to see Okkels here but Ohlendorff out-performed her for a long time and in some of the darker years in the 1st division, Ohlendorff was a shining star in the dark.

Playmaker: Julie Pontoppidan
- Became a feature on the SK Aarhus team when she had just turned 17 and was an instant contributor despite her small frame and young age. Her determination, will, fearlessness and leadership is unmatched in Aarhus and in the Danish League in my opinion.

Right back: Mette Tranborg
- No brainer. Dominated the 1st division at 16, dominated the League when she got older. Born and raised in Aarhus. A fantastic handballer and an even greater person. It's difficult to say anything bad about Tranborg. Overall the best player we've had in Aarhus during the last 10 years.

Right wing: Charlotte Lund Mikkelsen
- When she came from EH Aalborg and practiced the first while, there was buzz around her but I don't think many expected her to become this good. Never had the biggest range of shooting from the wing but doesn't really need it. She has a great read on the keeper and her physical abilities are fantastic.

Pivot: Majbritt Toft
- Developed into one superb pivot for Aarhus who controlled the defense but also was a big contributor in attack. Very underrated and I think she still is in Viborg.

Best defender: Mathilde Bjerregaard/Sofie Flader
- This is a tie between these two. Mathilde Bjerregaard was a rock in the central defense during the years in the 1st division but Flader has come into her own in the League but hasn't done it for that long. Both revolutionized the defense they played with in their time.

Most spectacular: Line Uno
- She was only in Aarhus for a short time but she will always be the player I remember most fondly who moved on. She was absolutely fantastic on the court and she was the sweetest, most charming player off the court. I hope at some point there will be a reunion with Uno and Aarhus because we were robbed of a fantastic player.

MVP: Julie Pontoppidan
- She has been the best performer over the longest period of time. When you talk about women's handball in Aarhus during the last decade, she has to be the one you think about.

User avatar
Gojira
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 2035
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:06 pm
Location: Budapest
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 116 times

Re: Danish League 19/20

Postby Gojira » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:51 am

This reminds me: why is Pontoppidan not in the NT? Injured, out of form or just KBJ?


Return to “Female Handball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: simon Marjenberg and 3 guests