Handball couples?

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
Pitaboy
Regular

Handball couples?

Postby Pitaboy » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:29 pm

How many are there? (Both women and men)

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Re: Handball couples?

Postby masch1 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:50 pm

Are you counting only present players or also former?

TheDane
Handball Fan-atic

Postby TheDane » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:58 pm

A lot.

Just to name a few current or former Danish national team players from Denmark:
Lars Christiansen and Christina Roslyng (has a child together but recently seperated/divorced).
Klavs Hørlykke Bruun Jørgensen and Rikke Rikke Hørlykke Bruun Jørgensen
Jeppe Fruensgaard and Line Widt Fruensgaard (maiden name Line Widt Daugaard)
Bo Spellerberg and Louise Svalastog
Morten Olsen and Trine Troelsen
Jesper Jensen and Lotte Haandbæk

There's also a lot of same sex couples in Denmark on the women's side (don't know of any male gay couples in handball).
For example Rikke Skov and Lotte Kiærskou are in a registred partnership, they have been a together for more than 10 years and have two small children born by the retired Kiærskou.

The lists goes on and on.
Last edited by TheDane on Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:12 pm

Don't forget Ulrik Wilbek and Susanne Munch Lauridsen
Gro Hammerseng and Katja Nyberg

Jessen
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Jessen » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:48 pm

Linn-Kristin Riegelhuth & Einar Sand Koren (both FCK)

Madeleine Gustafson (Grundström) & Mathias Gustafson (both in Aalborg)

Lukas Karlsson and Ida Bjørndalen (both KIF)

Susanne Kastrup and Mads Forslund (both KIF)

Gorica Acimovic and Vytautas Ziura (both VHK)

TheDane
Handball Fan-atic

Postby TheDane » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:28 pm

Kenneth Sahlholdt (GOG head coach + sports director) and Mette Iversen Sahlholdt (GOG and NT keeper).

Lasse Motzkus Boesen (Flensburg Handewitt left back) and Lene Motzkus Boesen (KIF left wing from 1998-2003).

Jan Pytlick (Danish NT coach) and Berit Bogetoft Pytlick (former GOG back and NT player.)

Keld Vilhelmsen (former GOG and NT playmaker) and Gitte Sunesen Vilhelmsen (former GOG and NT keeper)

Andreas Toudahl (BSV left wing) and Charlotte Højfeldt (KIF pivot), both are former Viborg players. Bonus info: Charlotte Højfeldt and Lærke Møller are cousins.

René Hamann-Boeriths (former GOG an NT playmaker, current Århus GF headcoach) and Conny Hamann-Boeriths (former GOG and NT playmaker).

Former couples:

Ole Sørensen (pivot) and Karin Mortensen (SK Århus and NT keeper) (They broke up last summer after living together for 10 years).

Claus Flensborg (former NT right back) and Josephine Touray (former NT right wing) also used to date each other. They both come from Bjerringbro IF (one of the clubes that are now part of BSV).
Last edited by TheDane on Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Empirickal
Regular

Postby Empirickal » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:47 pm

TheDane wrote:There's also a lot of same sex couples in Denmark on the women's side (don't know of any male gay couples in handball).
For example Rikke Skov and Lotte Kiærskou are in a registred partnership and have a child born by Kiærskou.

I don't know of any male gay couples in any sport so that would indeed have been surprising. Well, maybe there are some in figure skating, but no idea really.

A lot of same-sex couples? Besides Anja and Melgaard/Baumbach, who are the others?

Nayaworld

Postby Nayaworld » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:46 pm

The topic title should be changed for danish couples in handball.. :)
“ The challenge will not wait.”

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:51 pm

Nayaworld wrote:The topic title should be changed for danish couples in handball.. :)

ha, ha, yeah, with a few norwegians joyning the party :lol:

Empirickal wrote:
TheDane wrote:There's also a lot of same sex couples in Denmark on the women's side (don't know of any male gay couples in handball).
For example Rikke Skov and Lotte Kiærskou are in a registred partnership and have a child born by Kiærskou.

I don't know of any male gay couples in any sport so that would indeed have been surprising. Well, maybe there are some in figure skating, but no idea really.

A lot of same-sex couples? Besides Anja and Melgaard/Baumbach, who are the others?

Wasn't Camilla Andersen and Signe Pedersen (FCK?) a couple? Don't know if they still are though :-k I read about this before fullblown handball madness hit me, so I could be wrong ;)

meteo
Handball Fan-atic

Postby meteo » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:20 pm

Laura Magelinskas and Thomas Bauer (both Austria)
Greetings from Germany

"The best is yet to come": Barack Obama (06.11.12) quotes Holly Lam-Moores (30.07.12)

TheDane
Handball Fan-atic

Postby TheDane » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:39 am

Empirickal wrote:A lot of same-sex couples? Besides Anja and Melgaard/Baumbach, who are the others?

Long before Baumbach and Melgaard, Anja Andersen used to date Camilla Andersen.
And after this Camilla Andersen had a registered partnership with Mia Hundvin.
After they broke up Camilla Andersen started dating Signe Pedersen from FCK, they used to play together in FIF long before that.
And Mia Hundvin went with the other sex instead and started dating the male Norwegian pro snowboarder Terje Haakonsen and later got a child with him.

Rikks Skov and Loote Kiærskou are also in a registered partnership.

Gro Hammeseng and Katja Nyberg are also a couple.

And for hetro relationships in handball:

Heidi Løke and her former sports director/coach Leif Gautestad who's about twice her age and old enough to be her farther.

The all time topscorer for the Sweidsh female NT with 1091 goals Mia Hermansson-Högdahl (Åsa Eriksson "only" scored 1087 goals as #2 on that list). Mia Hermansson-Högdahl was voted the 1994 Female IHF World Player of the Year and won the Champions League twice playing for Hypo. She is married to Norwegian coach Arne Høgdahl.

Søren Haagen, former Danish NT keeper and GOG and Flensburg keeper is married to Hanne Pytlick, former Danish champion with GOG and the sister of Danish NT coach Jan Pytlick. Hanne Pytlick used to play with Berit Bogetoft in GOG and as I mentioned in an earlier post Berit Bogetoft is now married to Jan Pytlick and and got the name to Berit Bogetoft Pytlick.
Søren Haagen was maybe the most talented keeper in Danish handball history but unfortunately he had to retire early because of a mysterious chronic nerve illness that meant at one point he couldn't stand up for half an hour without resting.
He formed a very strong keeper duo for the Danish NT with Kasper Hvidt, who became a clear first choice after Søren Haagen's early retirement.
Søren Haagen was voted Danish hanball player of the year in 1996 and Kasper Hvidt was voted Danish handball player of the year in 2001.

MaBA_11
Regular

Postby MaBA_11 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:27 am

kari-anne henriksen (NOR; former FCM player, now Rælingen Håndballklubb) and robert hedin (SWE; coach of norwegian male NT)

isabell klein (GER; Buxtehuder SV) and dominik klein (GER; THW Kiel)

Empirickal
Regular

Postby Empirickal » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:12 pm

TheDane wrote:Long before Baumbach and Melgaard, Anja Andersen used to date Camilla Andersen.
And after this Camilla Andersen had a registered partnership with Mia Hundvin.
After they broke up Camilla Andersen started dating Signe Pedersen from FCK, they used to play together in FIF long before that.
And Mia Hundvin went with the other sex instead and started dating the male Norwegian pro snowboarder Terje Haakonsen and later got a child with him.

Rikks Skov and Loote Kiærskou are also in a registered partnership.

Gro Hammeseng and Katja Nyberg are also a couple.

Thanks for the rundown. My point was that there really isn't that many same-sex couples when you compare it to the long list of heterosexual couples. Of course, there is most likely a good number of relationships that aren't public. Not that there is any reason that they should be.

Søren Haagen, former Danish NT keeper and GOG and Flensburg keeper is married to Hanne Pytlick, former Danish champion with GOG and the sister of Danish NT coach Jan Pytlick. Hanne Pytlick used to play with Berit Bogetoft in GOG and as I mentioned in an earlier post Berit Bogetoft is now married to Jan Pytlick and and got the name to Berit Bogetoft Pytlick.

There seems to be an incredible degree of inbreeding in Danish handball. You have to wonder if the Danish Federation is secretly running a dating scheme to ensure that the best handball genes are optimized to maximize the chances of success in the future.

TheDane
Handball Fan-atic

Postby TheDane » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:40 pm

Another lesbian handball couple in the Danish handball world are Danish NT playmaker Kristina Kristiansen who is engaged to pivot Helene Bruhn Sørensen who plays for Silkeborg-Voel KFU currently ranked #2 in the Danish 1st division. Before that she played for Nykøbing Falster and Slagelse FH.

Empirickal wrote:Thanks for the rundown. My point was that there really isn't that many same-sex couples when you compare it to the long list of heterosexual couples. Of course, there is most likely a good number of relationships that aren't public. Not that there is any reason that they should be.

In this topic only couples where both partners are in the elite handball world are mentioned.
But there's probably more lesbian couples where the other part doesn't play handball.
And there's many lesbian couples who haven't "came out of the closet" for one reason or another.
But since it became know that Denmark's two biggest female handball stars in history, Anja Andersen and Camilla Andersen are lesbian, a lot of other female handball players have come out of the closet. Before Anja and Camillia I don't think the public ever heard of any leasbians in handball, but since then there has been many.
Rikke Skov said in an article recently that Anja and Camilla paved the road for other lesbian players and that there was much bigger focus on it back then than there is now: http://www.sporten.dk/handbold/toms-lig ... nede-vejen
The article was written in November becuase the Polish football keeper Arek Onyszko was sacked from his club FCM because of hateful comments he had made towards homosexulas in his new controvesial book that he released in Denmark. Arek Onyszko has been playing in Danish club fottball for most of his career and speaks Danish.
His club FCM is the same club that bought Ikast-Bording handball team last season.

Empirickal wrote:

There seems to be an incredible degree of inbreeding in Danish handball. You have to wonder if the Danish Federation is secretly running a dating scheme to ensure that the best handball genes are optimized to maximize the chances of success in the future.

Well it's only natural to meet your partner in the handball world when you spend so much time on handball.
Just like many people meet a partner at regular workplaces or at their hobbies.
A lot of the hetro handball couples that have been mentioned here are from GOG, KIF and Viborg, because they have both a male and female league team.
Aalborg DH on the other hand is an elite club with no male teams, so they are not going to meet any male handball players in the same club.

jarmusch
Extra Member

Postby jarmusch » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:07 am

Norwegian:
Gro Hammerseng (FCM & NT) and Katja Nyberg (FCM & NT)
Kari-Mette Johansen (Larvik & NT) and Marius Hovde Andersen (Team Tvis Holstebro & NT)
Linn-Kristin Riegelhuth (FCK & NT) and Einar Sand Koren (FCK & NT)
Camilla Herrem (Byåsen & NT) and Steffen Stegavik (Elverum & NT)
Birgitte Sættem Jomaas (Former Larvik & NT) and Geir Jomaas (Former Sandefjord & NT)
Randi Gustad (Former Nordstrand & NT) and Lasse Lie (Former Haslum)
Heidi Løke (Larvik & NT) and Leif Gautestad (Coach: ØIF Arendal)
Trine Haltvik (Former Byåsen & NT) and Eskil B. Andreassen (Coach: Gjøvik & Vardal )
Susann Goksør Bjerkerheim (Former Nordstrand & NT) and Svein-Erik Bjerkerheim (Former Drammen & NT)
Isabel Blanco (FCM & NT) and Jakob Andreassen (Danish Coach, Silkeborg Voel)
Kari-Anne Henriksen (Rælingen) and Robert Hedin (Swedish Coach, Norwegian NT, men)
Ida Bjørndalen (KIF/Vejen) and Lukas Karlsson (Swedish player, KIF/Kolding)

meteo
Handball Fan-atic

Postby meteo » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:53 am

Norwegian:
Steinar Ege (Kopenhagen, Gummersbach, Kiel) & Lene Ege (born Andersen, Buxtehude, Leverkusen)
Greetings from Germany

"The best is yet to come": Barack Obama (06.11.12) quotes Holly Lam-Moores (30.07.12)

Poltergeist
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Poltergeist » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:20 am

This topic should have been renamed in "handball couples - straight", not homosexuals. What kind of relation is that? Lesbians... :| They can't make kids eachother like a man with a woman!

No offence, but the public gay relationships should be forbidden... I do not want to hear about the homosexuals or to watch them in public! How can you explain this thing to a kid for example? If they want a relation like this, they should have it at their house... Real parents don't want to bring the kids to the arena and to see 2 women kissing eachother, like Nyberg and Hammerseng for example! I always admired Gro for her performance and career she is a real pro, but not for her personal life...

jarmusch
Extra Member

Postby jarmusch » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:35 am

Poltergeist wrote:This topic should have been renamed in "handball couples - straight", not homosexuals. What kind of relation is that? Lesbians... :| They can't make kids eachother like a man with a woman!

No offence, but the public gay relationships should be forbidden... I do not want to hear about the homosexuals or to watch them in public! How can you explain this thing to a kid for example? If they want a relation like this, they should have it at their house... Real parents don't want to bring the kids to the arena and to see 2 women kissing eachother, like Nyberg and Hammerseng for example! I always admired Gro for her performance and career she is a real pro, but not for her personal life...

I’m sorry, but Norway and Denmark are no longer in the Stone Age and luckily neither are any other West European countries either. I feel sorry for you, can’t believe how difficult it must be to be brought up with such (homophobic) values like yours.

I guess I knew it was a huge difference between countries like: Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, England (United Kingdom), Spain, Netherland, Belgium, France, Germany, Portugal, Luxemurg etc. etc. VS. your country; Romania … but WOW :shock:
Last edited by jarmusch on Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Adriyanos
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Adriyanos » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:58 am

He isn't representing all of the Romanians :)..

Romanian couples:

Eremia Piriianu (former NT lineplayer, currently at UCM Resita) and Mihaela Ignat-Piriianu (playmaker, Tomis Constanta)
Valentin Ghionea (NT right wing, currently at UCM Resita) and Renata Ghionea-Tataran (right back, ASA Consolis Hodmezovasarhely)

Poltergeist
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Poltergeist » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:18 am

I hope I can also have an opinion, no? I will never agree with people gay, it is my way of being, not because I am from East-Europe, it is because I am a Christian. Of course I can't judge them or throw with stones in them, but it is against God's wil. I don't care if you are a believer or not, no real believer would agree with them... It is not about the country or about the area, because here we also have a lot of gays and we also had in the past, even 20-30 years ago.

I don't want to make other comments here, because this is a sport forum, you are kinda mean, because you come with this stupid comparation of people like we are so limited in comparation with you; but if you want I tell you that it isn't that huge difference anymore, Romania joined EU after completed 10/10 objectives in comparation with other countries which entered with 3 years before. And our average salary it is bigger than Poland for example, so we deserve our place there considering that we didn't have the chance to stay neutral like you the Scandinavians, being always threatened by the Austro-Hungarians, Ottomans or Russians, 3 empires that always wanted to conquer... Romania never wanted something, we wanted just to stay neutral like you, but they forced us stealing our Basarabia. And we also never stole the gold from Central or South America, note that. In comparation with the East Europe we are top!

I will not let you to come to tell me with your Scandinavian superiority how good are you, because you are not!!! You might be better but not with these stupid comparations. I am not pro-gays, but I bet you are racist, no? I can be 10 times better prepared than you, but that's not the problem...

Anyway just to know, Romania had the fastest growing up economy after 2000 and it is predicted in 2020 to be more developped than the Italy! Don't forget that the Spanish people went in Italy to work there in the '80s and now they have the best system from Europe...

If you don't believe that, I recommed you to visit my country and other countries from East and to see that here we made big progresses. Also read that book "Dracula is dead" (http://www.draculaisdead.com/), a book wrote by the Americans about Romania in this year, not some bad media from Europe...

Same neutral Americans and objectives wrote a book where is specified that 6% of the greatest inventors of the world were Romanians and that the 2nd most spoken language at Microsoft is Romanian. I invite you to compare our list of inventors and discoverers with your country: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanian_i ... iscoverers

Also note to make the difference between "Romania a Balkan country" because we are often included in that area and we are NOT a Balkan country. It is clearly not a shame, but this is not true. Also more important do not call us "Roma people" (Romani=Gipsy), nomads who came from India and Pakistan and many of them don't want to work. Because of that we have such a bad image, because people usually confuse them with us. We are the Romanians, the people of Rome, our ancestors were Latins...

About the homosexuality... I just said it is not healthy for kids to see women kissing eachother! And this is a real fact... We are maybe more conservatory because we are Orthodox and we have more Christians maybe here like the Greeks, this is true too... I appreciate the sportsmen for their career! But if you ask me about their personal life, I can't appreciate such a style... [-X

PS. Do not include Portugal in that top, Portugal is one of the single countries from West that have problems with the economy and people are not so satisfied! This is a fact also...
Last edited by Poltergeist on Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Joana
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Joana » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:43 am

Scandinavian kids are turning out pretty OK, so I don't think being exposed to such horrors as Nyberg and Hammerseng kissing each other has affected them all that much.

And sorry, but Romania IS a Balkan country. Perhaps not strictly geographically speaking, but historically, culturally and in any other way it certainly is.
Women's World Volleyball Championship
20.10.2018, Yokohama (JPN)
1. Serbia 2. Italy 3. China
The history is made. Thank you, girls!

Poltergeist
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Poltergeist » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:54 am

Joana wrote:Scandinavian kids are turning out pretty OK, so I don't think being exposed to such horrors as Nyberg and Hammerseng kissing each other has affected them all that much.

And sorry, but Romania IS a Balkan country. Perhaps not strictly geographically speaking, but historically, culturally and in any other way it certainly is.

Yes, Joana, they are turning out pretty ok, BUT... Wait the next generations!. [-X Being gay it is kinda new concept, even in West or Scandinavia, I mean there are way more gays in the last years than 20-30 years ago and they ask a lot of rights.

The curiosity is big and some of them will also become gay, just experiencing this kind of things. Imagine a country with 30% people gay, what families will they have?

The problems will appear with the next generations, the kids adopted by the gay families... Sorry I begun to discuss this thing here, but I was too pissed off, when I was hearing the words hetero and homo. Where I go I am listening this word "homo" or "gay" and it is kinda annoying. I don't agree with them, but from my point of view they can have a relation... IN THEIR COMMUNITY, DO NOT BRING THE GAYS HERE BECAUSE I AM NOT INTERESTED! On the dating sites gays, in clubs gays, on the forums gays... Soon they will be half of the population because the people have no values anymore!

PS. Yes, geographically speaking we are not in the Balkans, only culturally. We adopted some Slavic words that's true, but we still have the most Latin language, even more Latin than the Italian and there are studies. The South and especially the East were more influenced, but Transylvania is a multicultural area with Romanians, Germans (Svabs and Saxons) and Hungarians (Magyars and Szekely)... And I am from there!

jarmusch
Extra Member

Postby jarmusch » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:05 am

This must be the most hilarious text I’ve ever read:

Poltergeist wrote:you are kinda mean, because you come with this stupid comparation of people like we are so limited in comparation with you

This comes from the person who just wrote:

Poltergeist wrote:This topic should have been renamed in "handball couples - straight", not homosexuals. What kind of relation is that? Lesbians... :| They can't make kids eachother like a man with a woman!

The rest of your stupid post … I can only laugh :lol: :lol: :lol: Seriously, what the f**k are you blabbering about? :roll: :lol: Economy? ? #-o :lol: Dracula? :shock: EU? :roll: (are you drunk? :D :-k ). I’m talking about West European liberal values compare to yours (and most East European country values about gay people) … and believe you me, reading everything you just wrote, made my point even stronger =D>
Last edited by jarmusch on Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:35 am, edited 3 times in total.

Poltergeist
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Poltergeist » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:19 am

jarmusch wrote:I’m sorry, but Norway and Denmark are no longer in the Stone Age and luckily neither are any other Vest European countries either. I feel sorry for you, can’t believe how difficult it must be to be brought up with such (homophobic) values like yours.

I guess I knew it was a huge difference between countries like: Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, England (United Kingdom), Spain, Netherland, Belgium, France, Germany, Portugal, Luxemurg etc. etc. VS. your country; Romania … but WOW :shock:

Did you forget what did you write? If you forgot, I remind you with this quote. You came here with your superiority, talking about "huge difference" between your country and mine... But this discussion should stop!

ABOUT GAYS... I am not limited to persecute them, I don't agree with them in public, that's all. At their house, they can do what ever they want! Some of them are maybe borning like this, so we can't kill them...

It is not about where do you live and how about limited I am, it is because I have some values, the values of a good Christian. No real Christian and believer would agree with them, when the Bible forbids this kind of relations.

I told you I don't care what do you think, at least I will die as a good Christian and fair man... Christian people are also in your country and they don't agree with gay people! I am conservatory, you are liberal...

You are liberal same as the Spanish prime-minister for example! You will develop more of course, because you have more liberal ideas, but the society will be not so healthy anymore... By the way, see the kids of Zapatero! And imagine how the kids of a liberal AND GAY will look...
Last edited by Poltergeist on Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

red and white
Handball Fan-atic

Postby red and white » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:20 am

Poltergeist, I don´t want to pull the "you are very young card", but seriously! Don´t try to lecture everybody - you are a clever guy, but still has a lot to learn. Being gay is not complicated. It doesn´t ruin any society or nothing like that - and it´s definetely not contagious like you are insinuating! :lol: Nyberg, Skov, Kristiansen, Hammerseng and the likes are the nicest people and they should not take notice of some religious silliness. Because besides religious silliness there is no argument against them just living their life like the rest of us..

Return to “Female Handball”