Day 6

JSE Skikda (Algeria) - Ahli (Libya) 31-25
SOA (Ivory Coast) - Al Nasser club (Libya) 25-20
Zamalek (Egypt) - Etoile (congo) 37-30
Al Ahly SC (Egypt) - Primero De Agosto (Angola) 22-17
Esperance Sportive (Tunisia) - JSK (DR Congo) 43-24
Ittihad Riadi Tanger (Morocco) - FAP (Cameroon) 25-18
Stade Mandje (Gabon) - Police Handball club (Rwanda) 40-20

CAHB decided to consider Al Nassar (Libya) losing their 4 games because they used a player that previously played for another club in CAHB competitions this year!

Standings

Group A
JSE Skikda (Algeria) 9
Ittihad Riadi Tanger (Morocco) 8 pts
FAB (Cameroon) 7
Stade Mandje (Gabon) 4 pts
Ahli (Libya) 2pts
Police Handball club (Rwanda) 0 pts

Group B
Zamalek (Egypt) 8 pts
Mouloudia De Marrakech (Morocco) 5 pts
Etoile (congo) 5 pts
SOA (Ivory Coast) 2 pts
Al Nasser club (Libya) 0 pts

Group C
Esperance Sportive (Tunisia) 8 pts
Al Ahly SC (Egypt) 6 pts
Primero De Agosto (Angola) 4 pts
Olympique El oued (Algeria) 2 pts
JSK (DR Congo) 0 pts
Last edited by MED on Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MED
Extra Member

Re: Egyptian Handball

Postby MED » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:45 am

Quarter final

1-JSE Skikda (Algeria) - Etoile (Congo)
2-Zamalek (Egypt) - FAP (Cameroon)
3-Al Ahly SC (Egypt) - Mouloudia De Marrakech (Morocco)
4-Esperance Sportive (Tunisia) - Ittihad Riadi Tanger (Morocco)

Darien
Regular

Postby Darien » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:08 pm

egypt wrote:yep he is a good player I know him , but in my opinion there are better players in Tunisia ,Algeria and Egypt. the Tunisian Wael Jallouz has already signed for Kiel and seriously there are many players in North Africa that are as good as Jallouz.

You may be right but in order to achieve your full potential you have to have experience on the highest level. We'll see how much Jallouz will play in Kiel. Jamali is already playing in Veszprém and he's doing pretty well. It would definitely help North African handball if more players came to Europe. There are quite a few in France but it's not that common to sign from that area in other major championships like Germany, Spain or Denmark, Poland, Slovenia, Hungary etc. But it's good to see that the sport is definitely improving and getting more and more ground in other parts of the world especially in North Africa.

Visualive

Postby Visualive » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:20 pm

@egypt: What do you think of Aymen Toumi ?

MED
Extra Member

Postby MED » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:41 pm

Darien wrote:
egypt wrote:yep he is a good player I know him , but in my opinion there are better players in Tunisia ,Algeria and Egypt. the Tunisian Wael Jallouz has already signed for Kiel and seriously there are many players in North Africa that are as good as Jallouz.

You may be right but in order to achieve your full potential you have to have experience on the highest level. We'll see how much Jallouz will play in Kiel. Jamali is already playing in Veszprém and he's doing pretty well. It would definitely help North African handball if more players came to Europe. There are quite a few in France but it's not that common to sign from that area in other major championships like Germany, Spain or Denmark, Poland, Slovenia, Hungary etc. But it's good to see that the sport is definitely improving and getting more and more ground in other parts of the world especially in North Africa.

I agree with you but in North Africa players aim to play in France , Germany and Spain. actually France is the first choice for Tunisians and Algerians because they can speak french fluently so it would be easier to live in France.
However some players from North Africa played in Spain e.g the Egyptian Zaki played for Ciudad Real and BM aragon and he reached the final of CL with Ciudad and reached the final of EHF cup with Aragon. the Tunisian Sobhi Sioud played for Ciudad too. The other Tunisian Walid Ben Amor played for Barcelona and Balonmano Cantabria.
in Germany Hany El fakharany played in Füchse Berlin and there were another Egyptian who played who played in Bundesliga in 80s but I forgot where he used to play.

I hope I can see players from Egypt in Europe but Most of them prefer playing in the rich gulf Arab countries where they play less games and get more money than how they would get in Europe and that really harmed our national team so bad in the last 10 years. in the past we used to have 6 players at least in Europe now we have 0
that is why we finished 14th in the last edition of the world championship while we used to finish top 7 from 95 to 2001

MED
Extra Member

Postby MED » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:54 pm

Visualive wrote:@egypt: What do you think of Aymen Toumi ?

he belongs to the best generation of the Tunisian handball in my opinion. they finished 4th in youth world championship 2009 and won the first international medal for Tunisia in Handball in the last Junior world championship 2011 in Greece where Tunisia finished 3rd. he started to play regularly for Tunisia first team and he was a member of the Tunisian team that won the African championship in Morocco 2012. he also participated in London 2012. he is going to be the first choice in the right wing for Tunisia along with Dunkerque player Jaleleddine Touati who is 30 now
Toumi played for Etoile du Sahel which is one of the best teams in Africa. he won the African CL with them in 2010 when he was only 20. I think he will be useful for Nantes.

I expect more Tunisians in France soon Boughanmi , Chouiref , and Bannour they all belong to the same generation of Jallouz and Toumi. and I think they also deserve to play in Europe

MED
Extra Member

Postby MED » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:00 am

Quarter final

1-JSE Skikda (Algeria) - Etoile (Congo) 29-27
2-Zamalek (Egypt) - FAP (Cameroon) 25-15
3-Al Ahly SC (Egypt) - Mouloudia De Marrakech (Morocco) 23-20
4-Esperance Sportive (Tunisia) - Ittihad Riadi Tanger (Morocco) 30-20

The placement matches started today too but I don't think they are important enough to be posted here. I will try to post the final standings when the tournament finishes.

This is a Picture from Esperance and Tanger game ...The moroccan fans deserve all respect =D> sorry about the the quality of the pic
Last edited by MED on Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

MED
Extra Member

Postby MED » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:03 am

Semi final

Zamalek (Egypt) - JSE Skikda (Algeria)

Al Ahly SC (Egypt) - Esperance Sportive (Tunisia)

That is the real start of the competition in my opinion :D

Visualive

Postby Visualive » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:07 pm

egypt wrote:

he belongs to the best generation of the Tunisian handball in my opinion. they finished 4th in youth world championship 2009 and won the first international medal for Tunisia in Handball in the last Junior world championship 2011 in Greece where Tunisia finished 3rd. he started to play regularly for Tunisia first team and he was a member of the Tunisian team that won the African championship in Morocco 2012. he also participated in London 2012. he is going to be the first choice in the right wing for Tunisia along with Dunkerque player Jaleleddine Touati who is 30 now
Toumi played for Etoile du Sahel which is one of the best teams in Africa. he won the African CL with them in 2010 when he was only 20. I think he will be useful for Nantes.

I expect more Tunisians in France soon Boughanmi , Chouiref , and Bannour they all belong to the same generation of Jallouz and Toumi. and I think they also deserve to play in Europe

Boughanmi was linked to Toulouse last year. Chouiref also said in summer 2011 he will go abroad in two years so it will be at the end of this season. I saw Bannour with Tunisian NT at the Olympics, he has a great arm but he is too much "excited" on the pitch, he loses his nerves too fast.

MED
Extra Member

Postby MED » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:31 pm

Visualive wrote:
egypt wrote:

Boughanmi was linked to Toulouse last year. Chouiref also said in summer 2011 he will go abroad in two years so it will be at the end of this season. I saw Bannour with Tunisian NT at the Olympics, he has a great arm but he is too much "excited" on the pitch, he loses his nerves too fast.

Boughanmi might be a good replacement for Anouar Ayed in Toulouse. I heard he is going to retire at the end of this season.

MED
Extra Member

Postby MED » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:36 pm

Semi final

Zamalek (Egypt) - JSE Skikda (Algeria) 29 -23

Al Ahly SC (Egypt) - Esperance Sportive (Tunisia) 24:23 after extra time =D>

Now we have all Egyptian Final =D> =D> =D> =D> Cairo Derby!!!!

Al Ahly SC (Egypt) - Zamalek (Egypt)

Visualive

Postby Visualive » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:24 am

Is it possible to see the stats somewhere?

Romero9

Postby Romero9 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:46 pm

Go GO Zamalek :-)))) =D>

MED
Extra Member

Postby MED » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:07 pm

Visualive wrote:Is it possible to see the stats somewhere?

unfortunately that is too much of Luxury in a continent like Africa :(

Here is the first Semi final game between Zamalek and JSE Skikda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUc-7gdbeUI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq_IZJ0jObw

I wish I could find the other game where my local team Al Ahly beat the Tunisian Champions Esperance. It was really an exciting game. we won it in the extra time. it was too close. I am glad we won it.
Last edited by MED on Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MED
Extra Member

Postby MED » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:14 pm

Romero9 wrote:Go GO Zamalek :-)))) =D>

Grrrrrr

GO GO AHLY

I admit Zamalek is favourite to win this since they have many players in Egypt national team besides they got two amazing players on loan from other Egyptian clubs. but Al Ahly Proved they are a good team too beating the Tunisian champions with a team that is full of players who are younger than 22. I am proud of my team.

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:13 pm

Thanks for the African handball updates!
Do you think you can give us a preview of this meeting? More on the rivalry between the teams, famous players they've given to the NT or interesting matches between them from the past?

Can be after the final as well, it's not a homework.

MED
Extra Member

Postby MED » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:20 pm

AL AHLY Champions of Africa =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Al Ahly SC - Zamalek 21-17 (10-9)

last minutes of the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... gnffqlnzZg

The player who is crying in 0:55 =D> they did it although everyone wrote them off before the start of the tournament!!

MED
Extra Member

Postby MED » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:57 pm

Final standings

1-Al Ahly SC (Egypt) =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
2-Zamalek (Egypt)
3-Esperance Sportive (Tunisia)
4-JSE Skikda (Algeria)
5-FAP (Cameroon)
6-Ittihad Riadi Tanger (Morocco)
7-Etoile (congo)
8-Mouloudia De Marrakech (Morocco)
9-Stade Mandje (Gabon)
10-Primero De Agosto (Angola)
11-Olympique El oued (Algeria)
12-SOA (Ivory Coast)
13-Al Nasser club (Libya)
14-Ahli (Libya)
15-JSK (DR Congo)
16-Police Handball club (Rwanda)

MED
Extra Member

Postby MED » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:38 am

mikh wrote:Thanks for the African handball updates!
Do you think you can give us a preview of this meeting? More on the rivalry between the teams, famous players they've given to the NT or interesting matches between them from the past?

Can be after the final as well, it's not a homework.

Ahly and Zamalek are more like Steaua and Dinamo of Egypt :D
Ahly and Zamalek is considered the biggest Derby in Africa not only in Handball , but also in Football , Volleyball and Basketball
Ahly Have won champions league in Football 7 times (record) , in Volleyball 10 times(record) , in Handball 4 times , in Basketball once while Zamalek have 5 cl's in Football , 5 in Volleyball , 8 in Handball (second best) , and once in Basketball.
Noone else in Africa have achieved more than the two teams.

Ahly was founded in 1907 while Zamalek was founded in 1911. so Ahly is older and more popular. people say Ahly have 50 million fans :)

BTW we had a Romanian girl in our women Volleyball team few years ago. she was amazing and she led our women team to win the African cup for League winners. she was so loved in the Club. her name is not in my mind right now ](*,)

If we speak about Handball Zamalek have won the Egyptian league 15 times while Ahly won it 13 times. but Ahly won those 13 titles in the recent years. 13 titles in the last 24 years. on the African level Zamalek have won more titles than Ahly but there is a reason for that Ahly barely participated in the African Championship. we only participated this year because we wanted to play in the African super cup because the winner of that cup will represent Africa in super globe which means more money for the club. on the Arab level Ahly have 6 titles while Zamalek have won it only once. in super Globe Ahly finished 2nd in 2007 edition. Zamalek finished 3rd in 2010 edition.

Famous players that played for Zamalek
Hussein Zaky ( played for Ciudad Real and Aragon in Spain)
Ahmed El-Attar (played for Braga in Portugal in 90s)
Ahmed El-Ahmar ( the best player in Africa many times)
Mamdouh Hashem (first Egyptian to play in Europe he played in Germany in 80s but I forgot where + his son Mohamed is a regular starter in Egypt NT now he is considered the best Pivot in Egypt)
Hamada El-Rouby (one of the best keeper in Egypt history he is 39 and he is still one of the best keepers in Egypt)
Karim Hendawy ( best keeper in world junior Championship 2009)

Famous players that played for Al Ahly

Hany El Fakharany (played for Füchse Berlin from 2007 to 2009)
Ashraf Awad - Abdou ( played for Montpellier HB in 2001 I think)
Mohamed Bakir El-Nakib ( Egypt Legend the best Goal keeper in Africa History ....he was chosen the best player in Super Globe 2007 , he won the African Championship 4 times , won the world junior championship 1993 , played in 10 world championships , 3 olympic games ...he also played in Paris Handball few years ago)
Karim Shoukry ( he was born in 1986 and he was chosen the best Left wing in world championship 2007 unfortunately he doesn't play much with the national team coz of his work)
Gohar Nabil ( was the best Pivot in Africa and one of the best in the world in 90s )
Sameh Abdelwareth (scored 15 goals vs Romania in a game not sure at the olympics or world Championship and that game made him wanted in big clubs in Europe . he moved to France but Injury ended his Career) :(
Hassan Moustafa ( The current president of IHF)
Last edited by MED on Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:57 am

Great! Thank you for the info! Sounds like you have yourself a great match to watch tomorrow, given what these 2 teams represent. If there is a link, please share it. It got me interested.

Are they linked to any public institutions, like Steaua and Dinamo were from their origins? [Okay, except for the football teams, Steaua and Dinamo are still linked to the Army and the Internal Affairs for most of their sports sections]

MED
Extra Member

Postby MED » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:02 am

mikh wrote:Great! Thank you for the info! Sounds like you have yourself a great match to watch tomorrow, given what these 2 teams represent. If there is a link, please share it. It got me interested.

Are they linked to any public institutions, like Steaua and Dinamo were from their origins? [Okay, except for the football teams, Steaua and Dinamo are still linked to the Army and the Internal Affairs for most of their sports sections]

The Match was already played! scroll up man :) + If you know the name of that Romanian girl who played in our Volleyball team plz send me her name in a message

MED
Extra Member

Postby MED » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:09 pm

Final minutes in the final of the African cup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 0rV3uyIaec

Funny celebration for Al Ahly players =D>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_9sKUnp2oc

MED
Extra Member

Postby MED » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:12 pm

Egypt will play 6 friendlies as a preparation for World championship 2013

2 games vs Qatar + a friendly Tournament in Macedonia with Macedonia and Serbia + 2 games vs Croatia in Croatia

MED
Extra Member

Postby MED » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:30 pm

Egypt friendlies Vs Croatia are canceled ](*,) there are possibilities of playing VS Iceland. not confirmed yet.

Tunisia will play in a friendly tournament in Denmark from 2-7 jan with Denmark , Slovenia and Montenegro

MED
Extra Member

Postby MED » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:00 pm

hi I haven't updated this thread for ages

this month 2 big tournaments for clubs in Africa were held in Tunisia

1- African super cup between Etoile du Sahel (Tunisia) and Al Ahly (Egypt) .... Etoile won 28-25 and qualified to super globe as the first Tunisian club ever to reach it.

2- African cup winners cup it was held in Tunisia too .....Al Ahly (Egypt) took their revenge and destroyed everyone including two Tunisian and one Algerian club to win the cup
It was the final tournament for Wael Jallouz with his team A.S. Hammamet before moving to Kiel . Also Aymen Toumi who plays for Etoile is moving to Nantes :)

here is the road for Al Ahly to the cup

Group stage

Al Ahly 49 - 12 Minuh (Cameroon)
Salinas (Gabon) 12 - 31 Al Ahly
Al Ahly 50 - 19 Union Sportive (Guinea)
Niger United (Nigeria) 25 - 34 Al Ahly

Quarter final

JSE Skikda (Algeria) 22 - 24 Al Ahly

Semi Final

Etoile du Sahel (Tunisia) 20 - 24 Al Ahly

Final

A.S. Hammamet (Tunisia) 18-31 Al Ahly

videos from the last moments of the final
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNWsddnVzfc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlWU3tx9y-Y

Al Ahly fans at the Airport celebrating with the players after their arrival from Tunisia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CidQjT9WvE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0L7x2gv9Bg

best fans ever proud to be one of them :)

Return to “Male Handball”