gergő
Handball Fan-atic

Re: BEST HANDBALL PLAYER OF THE YEAR 2014

Postby gergő » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:12 pm

congrats duda! totally deserve it :!: =D>

CSM Bucharest

Postby CSM Bucharest » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:28 pm

Congrulations! At least Amorim deserved it, but they should have awarded this in 2013, and for 2014 to Cristina Neagu. Not to mention Brazil is a country with huge population.

Des57
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Des57 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:13 pm

gergő wrote:congrats duda! totally deserve it :!: =D>

Deserved? :lol: For what?All other 3 except Mangue deserved it more.Anyway this award is a joke since the great Bojana is not on the winning list. ](*,)

MacReady

Postby MacReady » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:11 pm

^

+100

bajkalb
Extra Member

Postby bajkalb » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:33 pm

Des57 wrote:

Deserved? :lol: For what?All other 3 except Mangue deserved it more.Anyway this award is a joke since the great Bojana is not on the winning list. ](*,)

Hmmm...
For example, she was the most important player in the best club? The best defensive player of the world, and a beast in attack?
:-).

I still think that it's a stupid award, but please... Duda is fantastic

barry.romania
Handball Fan-atic

Postby barry.romania » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:07 pm

indeed, but any Hungarian fears more Neagu. :D Cris does that against the best defences.

I think Neagu is better in attack, Amorim is better in defence. the difference is made by their technicality and mobility where Cristina is superior in both to Duda in my opinion. but it`s a personal opinion. I`m not talking about a certain year, but about the long-term.

I can`t dislike the voting this time though. we have a good winner.

anyway:

1. Eduarda Amorim 35,2%
2. Cristina Neagu 25,8%
3. Heidi Løke - 16,8%

Marco Aurelio
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Marco Aurelio » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:36 pm

barry.romania wrote:indeed, but any Hungarian fears more Neagu. :D Cris does that against the best defences.

I think Neagu is better in attack, Amorim is better in defence. the difference is made by their technicality and mobility where Cristina is superior in both to Duda in my opinion. but it`s a personal opinion. I`m not talking about a certain year, but about the long-term.

I can`t dislike the voting this time though. we have a good winner.

anyway:

1. Eduarda Amorim 35,2%
2. Cristina Neagu 25,8%
3. Heidi Løke - 16,8%

Amorim made Brazil win the WCh title in december 2013, and that team was very far from being something special.
+ she won the CL with Győr.
Neagu led Romania to 9th place at the ECh.

+ when comparing the players you forget about Amorim's physical unstoppability, that makes her a scoring machine even when the teamwork is weak.

John
:::Handball Expert:::

Postby John » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:51 pm

All in all, a great player won the award, even though i think she should've got it last year instead of Lekic (still can't understand how she got it), and this year if you count the results Loke deserved it more since she won the CL and EC, but my personal favorite was Neagu not because she playes for Buducnost but because she came back after 2 years of injury and delivered a fantastic performance last season and also in NT, she improved a lot in defence also so that has to count.

Jig

Postby Jig » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:58 pm

Des57 wrote:

LOL :lol: :lol:

HudsonFiuza
Regular

Postby HudsonFiuza » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:23 am

Neagu is fantastic and Loke too, but Duda deserved. Congrats :!: =D>

barry.romania
Handball Fan-atic

Postby barry.romania » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:04 am

Marco Aurelio wrote:

it could have been easily a semifinal and you know it. because of 2 seconds. then we lost a lot of places because of the goal difference. we looked like at least the sixth or fifth team of the competition. we beat Spain, ok? we led you and Denmark in both but we were simply stupid.

Amorim plays in Gyor and Brazil (actually the NT is excluded because we talk about 2014), better than Buducnost and Romania.

this is deservedly but we all know Neagu is more decisive than Duda. do Nascimento didn`t deserve it and it was proven now. some people are right that the Brazilian should have got it for 2013 (YOUR WCH WAS THEN), and Cristina for 2014. honestly, sportsmen like Neagu and Nadal are rare because of the mentality. I don`t think many would have continued doing sports in their cases. I hope Cris will keep going up.

many times Amorim was in the shadow of Gorbicz, Neagu would never be a second violine.

now the World Championship will come and they will give it to another non-proving player post tournament.

anyway, I just pointed some things like you. I don`t dislike the pick.

Des57
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Des57 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:17 am

Marco Aurelio wrote:
Amorim made Brazil win the WCh title in december 2013, and that team was very far from being something special.
+ she won the CL with Győr.

+ when comparing the players you forget about Amorim's physical unstoppability, that makes her a scoring machine even when the teamwork is weak.

What has 2013 world champs to do with 2014 player of the year?About Amorim,she wasn't even the best player in her club team,both Gorbicz and Loke were more impotant to the team.Why wasn't Gorbe on the list?IMO Loke is Gyor's crucial player.
About Neagu.Yes Romania gor 9th place in Euros,but she lead Buducnost to CL final,was one of the best scorer in Euro,in last half of 2013-2014 UCL,one of the best scorer in first half of 2014-2015 UCL season.
Anyway even Gullden did better that Amorim,got bronze in euro,was perferct from 7m,won CWC and played very well in CL for a decimated Viborg team.Anyway we're wasting to much time for this joke of award.

gergő
Handball Fan-atic

Postby gergő » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:02 am

tempest in a teapot. :)

bajkalb
Extra Member

Postby bajkalb » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:15 am

Des57 wrote:
What has 2013 world champs to do with 2014 player of the year?

No connection. She deserved it on the basis of 2014 production.

Btw., it's just a stupid individual award, so don't take it so seriously. Neagu remained fantastic :-)

Silviu
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Silviu » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:52 pm

I don't know why this award is called "a joke", "stupid" and so on :). Handball isn't mathematics, where you can get a precise and unchallenged result of an equation. I think it is extremely difficult, if not absolutely impossible, for the jury to compare extremely good goalkeepers, pivots or backs and to chose an undisputed winner. Maybe the problem is, in my opinion, the lack of transparency on how the winner was chosen. Anyway, along the time they voted very good players and only few times they screwed it up. Agree, Bojana didn't won it, while Ale Do Nascimento did.
That being said, I think this award is a good thing and I like the 2014's winner. So, congratulations to Eduarda Amorim!

Adriyanos
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Adriyanos » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:51 pm

I don't think that it would have been a shitty award if Neagu won it. I've seen a public campaign for Neagu in Romania, I think it's the same for Amorim in Brasil. And don't forget, all the awards are subjective. Because, in essence, the guidelines are decided by humans.

Return to “Female Handball”