2017 EHFCL Women's Final Four

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
Hastur77
Rookie

2017 EHFCL Women's Final Four

Postby Hastur77 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:08 am

Hello all,

My wife and I were planning on buying tickets for the Final Four games in Budapest this coming May but haven't had any luck finding where to purchase them. The link appears to be down on the EHF site. Does anyone have any insight as to where to get tickets?

Thanks in advance!

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Re: 2017 EHFCL Women's Final Four

Postby mikh » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:32 pm

They were supposed to go on sale December 19, but it seems that the official announcement has evaporated.
I dug out this, from google cache: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=de

In fact, if you check the official page for both final 4 events (http://www.ehffinal4.com/) you will see that the ticket sales have started only for the men's event in Cologne.

So I think something's still not sorted out for the Budapest one and we should know more in the days to come. Keep your eyes on the official site, though. Good luck!

doomark
Handball Fan-atic

Postby doomark » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:25 pm

Hastur77 wrote:Hello all,

My wife and I were planning on buying tickets for the Final Four games in Budapest this coming May but haven't had any luck finding where to purchase them. The link appears to be down on the EHF site. Does anyone have any insight as to where to get tickets?

Thanks in advance!

---->

https://www.kezilabdaszeretlek.hu/jegy/2017/05/06/6-women-s-ehf-final4

;-)

International sales will start with early January.

Divi
Regular

Postby Divi » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:44 pm

In my opinion, I don't think that it is a good thing that the Final Four always is in the places (Budapest & Koln). This definitely gives an advantage to teams like Gyor and Germans (Kiel, Flensburg, mabye Lowen this year). Besides this, there are enough other capable places to organize such an event, so why should it always be in one place? Handball should in this way be promoted in other European places as well. Interested to hear other opinions about this subject.

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Postby HB9 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:03 pm

Divi wrote:In my opinion, I don't think that it is a good thing that the Final Four always is in the places (Budapest & Koln). This definitely gives an advantage to teams like Gyor and Germans (Kiel, Flensburg, mabye Lowen this year).

I fail to see any advantage. A German team last win in Cologne 3 years ago. When did a Hungarian team last win the final 4? Also 3 years ago.

Divi wrote:Besides this, there are enough other capable places to organize such an event, so why should it always be in one place? Handball should in this way be promoted in other European places as well. Interested to hear other opinions about this subject.

I am curious to know good substitudes for these places:

Male (Cologne):

- Space for 20.000 (well, 19.250) spectators

- Already sold out one year before it takes place - even thought no one knows which teams (or even a local team) will play there in 12 months time.

- Spectators pay quite high ticket prices compared to other handball events (guaranteed high revenue = good for the sport)

- Located in the middle of Europe

The list of venues would be very very small based on this criteria.

Female (Budapest):

- High interest in womens handball

- Probably at least one hungarian team will make it to the final

- Good organisation of the whole event. I heard something about a organisation called Hungarofest (or something similiar? :D) organising these big events in Hungary.

Divi wrote:Interested to hear other opinions about this subject.

Well, you heard mine. :)
idle banter.

LucianK
Extra Member

Postby LucianK » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:34 pm

The fact that no team from Hungary won the trophy in the last years in Budapest doesn't mean they have no advantage. Gyor or FTC are basically on home court during the F4, backed by +80% hungarians. Having the home-court advantage doesn't mean winning the trophy by default, but it's still advantage.

I would do something Eurovision-like, give the winner the right to host the Final 4 next year.

gergő
Handball Fan-atic

Postby gergő » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:56 pm

LucianK wrote:I would do something Eurovision-like, give the winner the right to host the Final 4 next year.

of course. :) for example:

a.) let's suppose that buducnost will win in 2017. so are they also win an obligation to build a bigger hall than moraca (4200 seats) within a year?*
* if i am correct and that one is the bigger hall in montenegro.

b.) or csm. and then they'll go bankrupt which wouldn't be surprising. :) so whats gonna happen? bucharest/cluj has to organise an event when its 100% sure that aint gonna be a romanian team there next year?

so lets think about it again pls.

and i have to say that i dont like this f4 formula. prefer the old one :!:

LucianK
Extra Member

Postby LucianK » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:24 pm

gergő wrote:
LucianK wrote:I would do something Eurovision-like, give the winner the right to host the Final 4 next year.

of course. :) for example:

a.) let's suppose that buducnost will win in 2017. so are they also win an obligation to build a bigger hall than moraca (4200 seats) within a year?*
* if i am correct and that one is the bigger hall in montenegro.

b.) or csm. and then they'll go bankrupt which wouldn't be surprising. :) so whats gonna happen? bucharest/cluj has to organise an event when its 100% sure that aint gonna be a romanian team there next year?

so lets think about it again pls.

and i have to say that i dont like this f4 formula. prefer the old one :!:

I see where you're coming from, but I am, however, questioning having the Final 4 for 6 years in a row in Budapest (they have been given the hosting rights until 2019). So, I can turn the question around, if Audi pulls the plug on Gyor in summer and you can't keep together a final 4 team, chances of having another Hungarian team in Final 4 are very small. I agree that, out of the ChLeague teams, Gyor seems the most stable and chances of it falling apart are small as well. You have your point, but then again, I would like to see the Final 4 being moved around Europe, so handball would benefit from it more.

CSMthenewpower

Postby CSMthenewpower » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:05 pm

The old competition was much better. More countries, the possibility for more people to see good handball, more interesting than this f4.
C S M B U C U R E S T I

gergő
Handball Fan-atic

Postby gergő » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:23 pm

LucianK wrote:I see where you're coming from, but I am, however, questioning having the Final 4 for 6 years in a row in Budapest (they have been given the hosting rights until 2019).

well it seems you dont. :) my former post was about your "eurovision" example only, nothing more.

John
:::Handball Expert:::

Postby John » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:56 pm

I don't like the F4 for following reasons... You can play meeeh through whole season and just shine on F4 because you found the right form for those 2 days. Second you play the 2 most important matches in season in just 2 days. No rematch.. Thrid, unless you're a hungarian team you play those matches away, same goes if the F4 was organized by MNE, ROU or other countries. Forth if a team from the organizing country is not on F4 it's a complete failure. I think this is enough.. So i'm against F4 wherever it takes place, and i'm against this let's take the points from GP to MR. The old system where the first two go to MR was good and we had more exciting matches. From MR the first two go to semis and then we have a 2 game final. Or if someone thinks the final is unfair because you play the first match at home and the second away the final can be played in a neutral field for example Buducnost-Gyor in Denmark, CSM-Gyor in Slovenia, Buducnost-CSM in France, but this would bring the issue of who will be interested in watching that match besides a couple of hundred fans of those teams.

Germanicus
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Germanicus » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:51 pm

HB9 wrote:Already sold out one year before it takes place - even thought no one knows which teams (or even a local team) will play there in 12 months time.

Yes, it works with men, but don't with women. Prices are quite high for Hungarian people, they don't buy tickets unless their favorite team participate. And only some dozens of foreigners buy tickets in advance.
A big "issue" (please, don't misunderstand it!) is that usually teams of poor nations or even Russia (they need visa) reach the Final Four, only a few Montenegrin/Macedonian fans can afford to travel to Budapest, take at least one night in a hotel and buy tickets.
Men's Final Four in Cologne is a big success, possibly even too big (I don't find it good that the hall is sold out a year before the event), that of women ... no, it is not.
In conclusion, I declare that EHF must be destroyed

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Postby HB9 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:11 pm

Germanicus wrote:Yes, it works with men, but don't with women. Prices are quite high for Hungarian people, they don't buy tickets unless their favorite team participate. And only some dozens of foreigners buy tickets in advance.

That's why I seperated my arguments above for both events. :)

Germanicus wrote:Men's Final Four in Cologne is a big success, possibly even too big (I don't find it good that the hall is sold out a year before the event), that of women ... no, it is not.

Yes, the only way around that would be to increase the ticket prices even further. But apparently they did this already and still the tickets flew of the shelf. It must be a dream come true for the EHF.

The other option is to go to an even bigger venue. Good luck finding one. :-k
idle banter.

gergő
Handball Fan-atic

Postby gergő » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:47 pm

John wrote:I don't like the F4 for following reasons... You can play meeeh through whole season and just shine on F4 because you found the right form for those 2 days.

the men basketball euroleague f4 formula would be better here as well. friday the semis and than sunday the 3rd place and the final.

swarthofole
Handball Fan-atic

Postby swarthofole » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:55 pm

@ gergő
I think this is not the point. John says that if you play only two matches top level, you don't deserve to win the trophy.
On the other hand, I think if you play 10 good matches and you miss the last, you also don't deserve the trophy. :D
Live long and prosper.

John
:::Handball Expert:::

Postby John » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:02 am

swarthofole wrote:ohn says that if you play only two matches top level, you don't deserve to win the trophy.
On the other hand, I think if you play 10 good matches and you miss the last, you also don't deserve the trophy.

That's how you understood.

My point was that the GP and MR matches are not important that much, you don't have to shine, you don't have to play good handball, you don't need to fight hard to earn your place to the MR the most important matches are QF and F4 especially F4. Adzic always says in every interview that Buducnost needs to be good at that stage and that the GP and MR are just a warm up and preparation for those matches. So no excitement like before where only 2 teams from each group go to MR, and then all start from zero and fight for the semis.

swarthofole
Handball Fan-atic

Postby swarthofole » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:10 pm

John wrote:
swarthofole wrote:ohn says that if you play only two matches top level, you don't deserve to win the trophy.
On the other hand, I think if you play 10 good matches and you miss the last, you also don't deserve the trophy.

That's how you understood.

My point was that the GP and MR matches are not important that much, you don't have to shine, you don't have to play good handball, you don't need to fight hard to earn your place to the MR the most important matches are QF and F4 especially F4. Adzic always says in every interview that Buducnost needs to be good at that stage and that the GP and MR are just a warm up and preparation for those matches. So no excitement like before where only 2 teams from each group go to MR, and then all start from zero and fight for the semis.

That's how I understood from this:

John wrote:I don't like the F4 for following reasons... You can play meeeh through whole season and just shine on F4 because you found the right form for those 2 days.

my bad if that's not correct.
I kinda agree with you on that part though.
Live long and prosper.

CSMthenewpower

Postby CSMthenewpower » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:12 pm

The best thing is to play with home/away system. You have full arena every game and no advantage only for 1 single team, like Gyor in Hungary.
C S M B U C U R E S T I

bajkalb
Extra Member

Postby bajkalb » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:58 pm

I think, there is no good system.

If you want a really fair season for the teams, than let's have a championship system without "play-off" at all. Then all the September games will be crucial for the teams and they will fight from the beginning. However, it could mean that some of the April/May games will be boring. And you lose the excitement of a final.

Let's skip the QF and start with F4 or semi-final after group phase, than the main round will be exciting as well. That's similar to previous years. In this case, let's pray to have a good draw and a good group, because if it happens, like in last year, than Vardar and CSM are even not the part of the last four teams as Rostov and Larvik earned the first two spots. Additionally, as I remember, there were also very boring games in the first group phase in Autumn.

Or keep the current one: Than MR is not for dead or live and you can reach f4 from the 4th place (like CSM). Yeah, it also have disadvantages, but normally, you don't want to meet the favourite of the next group.

I think none of them are ideal system, you always los sg. and win sg.

Regarding F4 or home/away games, F4 is the most exciting one, while the other version is a bit more fair, but the difference is not significant and teams know for what to prepare. Btw, in both versions, you should shine at the second half of the season.

I don't want to vote to any of them, becase it is not so relevant to me. There will be one winner in the end :)

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:34 pm

I thinck would be justified enough the ideea that the team who win the title deserve to be automatically head in drawing GP without any other pseudo criterias....all other ideas and practices prove to be nothing else but unfair arrangements.... Concerning the distances I agree that Budapest or Wienn is a good option....

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:12 pm

Return to “Female Handball”