2018 Women's Junior U20 WCh (Hungary)

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
User avatar
Gojira
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1859
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:06 pm
Location: Budapest
Has thanked: 48 times
Been thanked: 113 times

Re: 2018 Women's Junior U20 WCh (Hungary)

Postby Gojira » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:32 am

Wbk wrote:How is Rita doing, any news about her? [-o<

No news as fas as I know :( I hope she's OK.



User avatar
vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1015
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:12 pm
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Has thanked: 411 times
Been thanked: 55 times

Re: 2018 Women's Junior U20 WCh (Hungary)

Postby vlad_impaler » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:04 am

Wbk wrote:
Faith wrote:All-Star team:

Goalkeeper Polina Kaplina (RUS)
Left wing: Emma Friis (DEN)
Left back: Noémi Háfra (HUN)
Centre back: Henny Reistad (NOR)
Right back: Line Ellertsen (NOR)
Right wing: Dorottya Faluvégi (HUN)
Line player: Noémi Pásztor (HUN)

Top scorer: Helena Paulo (ANG) with 73 goals

MVP: Hyesoo Song (KOR)

Ellertsen :shock:
Kaplina :shock: :shock:
anyone instead of Freriks :shock: :shock: :shock:
I could also imagine better MVP than Song Hyesoo :-k


Ellertsen has qualities, can shoot strong, isn't tall but is very powerful. But the most impressed I am with Henny Ella Reistad (from the list of backs). I can also see Helena Paulo playing for a top side in CL in the future if she's brought to Europe.

User avatar
gergő
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1075
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:46 pm
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: 2018 Women's Junior U20 WCh (Hungary)

Postby gergő » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:47 pm

Wbk wrote:How is Rita doing, any news about her? [-o<

one of her tooth was hit by the collision, another was broken and it couldnt even be saved in the hospital.

User avatar
Gojira
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1859
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:06 pm
Location: Budapest
Has thanked: 48 times
Been thanked: 113 times

Re: 2018 Women's Junior U20 WCh (Hungary)

Postby Gojira » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:37 pm

gergő wrote:
Wbk wrote:How is Rita doing, any news about her? [-o<

one of her tooth was hit by the collision, another was broken and it couldnt even be saved in the hospital.

She lost two of her teeth:

http://www.nemzetisport.hu/kezilabda/noi-junior-kezi-vb-nem-uszta-meg-lakatos-rita-a-csunya-utkozest-2647487

Germanicus
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1740
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:46 am
Location: Germany/Hungary
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 38 times
Contact:

Re: 2018 Women's Junior U20 WCh (Hungary)

Postby Germanicus » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:05 am

About All Star:
- No really great goalkeeper in this tournament, but someone must be chosen. I had rather ten Holte nominated, but Kaplina, too, is OK.
- I like Faluvégi a lot, but she as best right wing is a joke. Badea would have been a better choice, just like the Korean right wing (sorry, I forgot her name).
- Line Ellertsen play with both hands. Great. But she was the weakest point of Norwegian attacks, missed a lot. Sometimes she tried to shoot by left, but the ball was in her right hand... There were at least three better right backs in this tournament: Dione Housheer, Katrin Klujber or Janella Blonbou (in this order).
- Henny Reistad, good choice, no doubt. She and the Korean Song were the best playmakers. Helena Elver and Méline Nocandy were great as well.
- Noémi Háfra was by far the bet left back, no need for much discuss.
- Although many Hungarian mates were angry about it, I, too, think, Emma Friis was a good choice for left wing.

About MVP: For me it was Háfra. She as MVP, Song as best playmaker and Reistad as "fake" left back might have been a better option. But I can accept the actual choice as well.
In conclusion, I declare that EHF must be destroyed

User avatar
red and white
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1874
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:05 pm
Location: Århus, Denmark
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: 2018 Women's Junior U20 WCh (Hungary)

Postby red and white » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:42 am

Germanicus wrote:About All Star:
- No really great goalkeeper in this tournament, but someone must be chosen. I had rather ten Holte nominated, but Kaplina, too, is OK.
- I like Faluvégi a lot, but she as best right wing is a joke. Badea would have been a better choice, just like the Korean right wing (sorry, I forgot her name).
- Line Ellertsen play with both hands. Great. But she was the weakest point of Norwegian attacks, missed a lot. Sometimes she tried to shoot by left, but the ball was in her right hand... There were at least three better right backs in this tournament: Dione Housheer, Katrin Klujber or Janella Blonbou (in this order).
- Henny Reistad, good choice, no doubt. She and the Korean Song were the best playmakers. Helena Elver and Méline Nocandy were great as well.
- Noémi Háfra was by far the bet left back, no need for much discuss.
- Although many Hungarian mates were angry about it, I, too, think, Emma Friis was a good choice for left wing.

About MVP: For me it was Háfra. She as MVP, Song as best playmaker and Reistad as "fake" left back might have been a better option. But I can accept the actual choice as well.


I absolutely agree with the above. You didn´t mention pivots, but here I would point to the Dutch Freriks. She really impressed me.

Other honourable mentions are Mikhaylichenko and Tazhenova from Russia, playmaker Ekoh from France, Lovisa Thompson from Iceland and rightback Mbengue from Spain. Mbengue was definetely the highlight of watching Spain, and generally we saw a a good group of very promising lefthanded backs.

User avatar
Wbk
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 2951
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:40 pm
Location: SVK
Has thanked: 160 times
Been thanked: 121 times
Contact:

Re: 2018 Women's Junior U20 WCh (Hungary)

Postby Wbk » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:41 pm

Gojira wrote:
gergő wrote:
Wbk wrote:How is Rita doing, any news about her? [-o<

one of her tooth was hit by the collision, another was broken and it couldnt even be saved in the hospital.

She lost two of her teeth:

http://www.nemzetisport.hu/kezilabda/noi-junior-kezi-vb-nem-uszta-meg-lakatos-rita-a-csunya-utkozest-2647487

Thank you both, so sad to hear that :(

What an extensive irony of fate that I used the "Image" emoji in the chat during the halftime break of the final match #-o :roll:
Image

User avatar
Corbantis
Extra Member
Posts: 726
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:01 am
Location: Budapest (HU)
Been thanked: 17 times
Contact:

Re: 2018 Women's Junior U20 WCh (Hungary)

Postby Corbantis » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:15 am

red and white wrote:
Germanicus wrote:About All Star:
- No really great goalkeeper in this tournament, but someone must be chosen. I had rather ten Holte nominated, but Kaplina, too, is OK.
- I like Faluvégi a lot, but she as best right wing is a joke. Badea would have been a better choice, just like the Korean right wing (sorry, I forgot her name).
- Line Ellertsen play with both hands. Great. But she was the weakest point of Norwegian attacks, missed a lot. Sometimes she tried to shoot by left, but the ball was in her right hand... There were at least three better right backs in this tournament: Dione Housheer, Katrin Klujber or Janella Blonbou (in this order).
- Henny Reistad, good choice, no doubt. She and the Korean Song were the best playmakers. Helena Elver and Méline Nocandy were great as well.
- Noémi Háfra was by far the bet left back, no need for much discuss.
- Although many Hungarian mates were angry about it, I, too, think, Emma Friis was a good choice for left wing.

About MVP: For me it was Háfra. She as MVP, Song as best playmaker and Reistad as "fake" left back might have been a better option. But I can accept the actual choice as well.


I absolutely agree with the above. You didn´t mention pivots, but here I would point to the Dutch Freriks. She really impressed me.

Other honourable mentions are Mikhaylichenko and Tazhenova from Russia, playmaker Ekoh from France, Lovisa Thompson from Iceland and rightback Mbengue from Spain. Mbengue was definetely the highlight of watching Spain, and generally we saw a a good group of very promising lefthanded backs.


You forgot Gréta Márton....


Return to “Female Handball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: stilo and 5 guests