2018 Women's Junior U20 WCh (Hungary)

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
Gojira
Handball Fan-atic

Re: 2018 Women's Junior U20 WCh (Hungary)

Postby Gojira » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:32 am

Wbk wrote:How is Rita doing, any news about her? [-o<

No news as fas as I know :( I hope she's OK.

vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic

Postby vlad_impaler » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:04 am

Wbk wrote:
Faith wrote:All-Star team:

Goalkeeper Polina Kaplina (RUS)
Left wing: Emma Friis (DEN)
Left back: Noémi Háfra (HUN)
Centre back: Henny Reistad (NOR)
Right back: Line Ellertsen (NOR)
Right wing: Dorottya Faluvégi (HUN)
Line player: Noémi Pásztor (HUN)

Top scorer: Helena Paulo (ANG) with 73 goals

MVP: Hyesoo Song (KOR)

Ellertsen :shock:
Kaplina :shock: :shock:
anyone instead of Freriks :shock: :shock: :shock:
I could also imagine better MVP than Song Hyesoo :-k

Ellertsen has qualities, can shoot strong, isn't tall but is very powerful. But the most impressed I am with Henny Ella Reistad (from the list of backs). I can also see Helena Paulo playing for a top side in CL in the future if she's brought to Europe.

gergő
Handball Fan-atic

Postby gergő » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:47 pm

one of her tooth was hit by the collision, another was broken and it couldnt even be saved in the hospital.

Gojira
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Gojira » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:37 pm

gergő wrote:

one of her tooth was hit by the collision, another was broken and it couldnt even be saved in the hospital.

She lost two of her teeth:

http://www.nemzetisport.hu/kezilabda/noi-junior-kezi-vb-nem-uszta-meg-lakatos-rita-a-csunya-utkozest-2647487

Germanicus
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Germanicus » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:05 am

About All Star:
- No really great goalkeeper in this tournament, but someone must be chosen. I had rather ten Holte nominated, but Kaplina, too, is OK.
- I like Faluvégi a lot, but she as best right wing is a joke. Badea would have been a better choice, just like the Korean right wing (sorry, I forgot her name).
- Line Ellertsen play with both hands. Great. But she was the weakest point of Norwegian attacks, missed a lot. Sometimes she tried to shoot by left, but the ball was in her right hand... There were at least three better right backs in this tournament: Dione Housheer, Katrin Klujber or Janella Blonbou (in this order).
- Henny Reistad, good choice, no doubt. She and the Korean Song were the best playmakers. Helena Elver and Méline Nocandy were great as well.
- Noémi Háfra was by far the bet left back, no need for much discuss.
- Although many Hungarian mates were angry about it, I, too, think, Emma Friis was a good choice for left wing.

About MVP: For me it was Háfra. She as MVP, Song as best playmaker and Reistad as "fake" left back might have been a better option. But I can accept the actual choice as well.
In conclusion, I declare that EHF must be destroyed

red and white
Handball Fan-atic

Postby red and white » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:42 am

Germanicus wrote:About All Star:
- No really great goalkeeper in this tournament, but someone must be chosen. I had rather ten Holte nominated, but Kaplina, too, is OK.
- I like Faluvégi a lot, but she as best right wing is a joke. Badea would have been a better choice, just like the Korean right wing (sorry, I forgot her name).
- Line Ellertsen play with both hands. Great. But she was the weakest point of Norwegian attacks, missed a lot. Sometimes she tried to shoot by left, but the ball was in her right hand... There were at least three better right backs in this tournament: Dione Housheer, Katrin Klujber or Janella Blonbou (in this order).
- Henny Reistad, good choice, no doubt. She and the Korean Song were the best playmakers. Helena Elver and Méline Nocandy were great as well.
- Although many Hungarian mates were angry about it, I, too, think, Emma Friis was a good choice for left wing.

About MVP: For me it was Háfra. She as MVP, Song as best playmaker and Reistad as "fake" left back might have been a better option. But I can accept the actual choice as well.

I absolutely agree with the above. You didn´t mention pivots, but here I would point to the Dutch Freriks. She really impressed me.

Other honourable mentions are Mikhaylichenko and Tazhenova from Russia, playmaker Ekoh from France, Lovisa Thompson from Iceland and rightback Mbengue from Spain. Mbengue was definetely the highlight of watching Spain, and generally we saw a a good group of very promising lefthanded backs.

Wbk
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Wbk » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:41 pm

Gojira wrote:
gergő wrote:

She lost two of her teeth:

http://www.nemzetisport.hu/kezilabda/noi-junior-kezi-vb-nem-uszta-meg-lakatos-rita-a-csunya-utkozest-2647487

Thank you both, so sad to hear that :(

What an extensive irony of fate that I used the "Image" emoji in the chat during the halftime break of the final match #-o :roll:

Corbantis
Extra Member

Postby Corbantis » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:15 am

red and white wrote:
Germanicus wrote:About All Star:

I absolutely agree with the above. You didn´t mention pivots, but here I would point to the Dutch Freriks. She really impressed me.

Other honourable mentions are Mikhaylichenko and Tazhenova from Russia, playmaker Ekoh from France, Lovisa Thompson from Iceland and rightback Mbengue from Spain. Mbengue was definetely the highlight of watching Spain, and generally we saw a a good group of very promising lefthanded backs.

You forgot Gréta Márton....

Return to “Female Handball”