Larvik, new generation, 18/19

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
Kiddo
Extra Member

Larvik, new generation, 18/19

Postby Kiddo » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:02 pm

Just heard a rumour Heidi Like might sign a contract with Larvik if they manage to solve the financial part. Would make sense as she travels 3 hours to Storhamar... She has a year left of her contract with them, wonder how she will solve this.

With signings such as Molid and perhaps Løke, Rigelhuth Koren back the squad looks pretty strong. Might challenge Vipers, as they are loosing two of their most important players next season, Lunde Borgersen and Brattsett.

Squad 2018/19

LW
Møller
Roth Berglie

LB
Molid
Stange
Lund

CB
Finstad Bergum
Christensen
Tollbring

RB
Rivaas Toft
Hjertner

RW
Løken
Rigelhuth Koren

Pivot
Wolf
Andenæs
(Løke)

GK
Gluic
Rundbråten

bajkalb
Extra Member

Re: Larvik, new generation, 18/19

Postby bajkalb » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:14 pm

Kiddo wrote:Just heard a rumour Heidi Like might sign a contract with Larvik if they manage to solve the financial part. Would make sense as she travels 3 hours to Storhamar... She has a year left of her contract with them, wonder how she will solve this.

With signings such as Molid and perhaps Løke, Rigelhuth Koren back the squad looks pretty strong. Might challenge Vipers, as they are loosing two of their most important players next season, Lunde Borgersen and Brattsett.

Squad 2018/19

LW
Møller
Roth Berglie

LB
Molid
Stange
Lund

CB
Finstad Bergum
Christensen
Tollbring

RB
Rivaas Toft
Hjertner

RW
Løken
Rigelhuth Koren

Pivot
Wolf
Andenæs
(Løke)

GK
Gluic
Rundbråten

Loke is surprising. In the middle of the season, Győr wanted to sign her and they announced that Loke intended to come but her club said no and has no chance to bring her in later too. And now Larvik is able to bring her?

Kiddo
Extra Member

Postby Kiddo » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:23 pm

bajkalb wrote:Loke is surprising. In the middle of the season, Győr wanted to sign her and they announced that Loke intended to come but her club said no and has no chance to bring her in later too. And now Larvik is able to bring her?

I think it´s family reasons. Understandable, as she does not train with the team more than once or twice per week. As for Györ, her son was at school, and she just came back to Norway from them. Meaning she already decided it was about time to return home to Sandefjord.

Storhamar has been disappointing being beaten/trashed by Vipers and Larvik. Perhaps she has CL play as a clause in her contract too.

bajkalb
Extra Member

Postby bajkalb » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:17 pm

Kiddo wrote:
bajkalb wrote:Loke is surprising. In the middle of the season, Győr wanted to sign her and they announced that Loke intended to come but her club said no and has no chance to bring her in later too. And now Larvik is able to bring her?

I think it´s family reasons. Understandable, as she does not train with the team more than once or twice per week. As for Györ, her son was at school, and she just came back to Norway from them. Meaning she already decided it was about time to return home to Sandefjord.

Storhamar has been disappointing being beaten/trashed by Vipers and Larvik. Perhaps she has CL play as a clause in her contract too.

Wrong, She could be convinced but the club did not let her go.

I think both club had announcements about it

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:11 pm

Storhamar has been disappointing being beaten/trashed by Vipers and Larvik. Perhaps she has CL play as a clause in her contract too.[/quote]

Would be surprised if Storhamar have that kind of clause in her contract, because the chance for them to get there in pretty small

Kiddo
Extra Member

Postby Kiddo » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:17 pm

Tine Stange is pregnant. 13th week. Only three players in the squad with 2 seasons or more left... She will be missed especially in CL GM. However, the doctor also said her knee is not ready for handball yet. Wish her all the best and hope to see her back in Larvik at the end of the season!

swarthofole
Extra Member

Postby swarthofole » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:34 pm

It's very good she took a baby break during her injury. maybe more players should take advantage of this situations instead of pausing their careers.
Larvik seems to be in a difficult situation...and honestly I would prefer to see all those Norwegians who play for Gyor defending this club instead. too bad it can not happen.
Live long and prosper.

bajkalb
Extra Member

Postby bajkalb » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:31 am

swarthofole wrote:It's very good she took a baby break during her injury. maybe more players should take advantage of this situations instead of pausing their careers.
Larvik seems to be in a difficult situation...and honestly I would prefer to see all those Norwegians who play for Gyor defending this club instead. too bad it can not happen.

If there were no Győr (or Bucuresti, or Kobenhavn, or any other teams where at least a single Norvegian is available) they would find other top teams.

swarthofole
Extra Member

Postby swarthofole » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:10 am

I don't remind me sayin' I agree to what CSM Bucuresti is doing...so it's not a matter of Gyor vs Bucuresti here ;) . and I'm good with some players added to such teams, but not in this proportion.
So if CSM would have 6 Romanian NT players and 4-5 very good foreign players I'd sign up immediately.
Live long and prosper.

Kiddo
Extra Member

Postby Kiddo » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:06 pm

Larvik HK seems to have a hard time with their LB/PM´s prior to the start of the season. Tine Stange pregnant, seems like Cassandra Tollbring got an ACL injury after 30 seconds in the match vs Siófok KC. Mari Molid has apparently been through an operation, hopefully minor, while Larvik went to Hungary. however, they beat Siófok, a team I believe will become very strong when they get more experience together, and perhaps are even able to challenge FTC?

On another note, Mari Bergum and Karoline Lund from our junior NT will get a lot of experience, and I think they are ready to take responsibility when Tollbring and Stange are out. They have both been great defenders. Perhaps this season will be their breakthrough?

Siófok KC – Larvik 22-23 (15-8)

Siófok: Dedu – Gonzalez 3, Kobetic 5, Nze-Minko 5, Geiger, Drabik, Aoustin 3, .

Cserék: Solberg (kapus), Elghaoui , Khmyrova 3, Barkóczi, Sárosi, Janjusevic 2, Jezic 1.

Larvik: Tonje Berglie, Maria Hjertner, Hege Løken 4 goals each (all I found)

Kiddo
Extra Member

Postby Kiddo » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:23 pm

Mari Molid seems like a scoop, being no 3 on the top scorer list, and being a queen in defence. It´s been a thing with Larvik as many other teams, they only focused on the top players and the best top 7. Oustorp gives a lot of playing time to the "junior" squad and the new players. Letting the best ones rest a bit before CL... Smart choice. Also to develop youngsters and talent. Think Larvik might hit MR, you guys tell me if I have to eat my words and choke... But there is something happening with the team, and as underdogs and 1 year more of experience together, they might strike when you least expect it. they have the potential, young amazing players with Koren R and Andenæs with experience + Molid... She will be back in the NT discussions in no time, considering the playing time as a two way player she gets now.

Storhamar got beaten the colours of their outfits, yellow and blue. They do not possess the players, training culture what so ever to either win or become no 2. With euro cup and national league, they will have a tougher program compared to last year with only national league, something they will not handle. Norwegian League will be between Larvik and Vipers, Larvik being the underdogs.

Kiddo
Extra Member

Postby Kiddo » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:06 pm

Larvik - Buducost 23 - 22...

WAS? Did anyone on this forum predict this? Great to see there is something going on with this team of youngsters. (both teams actually) Even though it was a great match by Larvik, the travel from Podgorica is long. At least it seems like Larvik still have something to do in CL. Congrats girls.

What a match!! Could have gone both ways, so tight... I had problems watching.

John
:::Handball Expert:::

Postby John » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:25 pm

Kiddo wrote:the travel from Podgorica is long.

The travel from Podgorica was long even before but Buducnost managed to win against a better Larvik.
This is a great result for Larvik, Buducnost can only feel ashamed. And hope that Metz won't win more than 5 goals.

vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic

Postby vlad_impaler » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:54 pm

Copenhagen and Stockholm are a bit better connected in Europe. From Oslo you must take the bus to Larvik, 100 kms.
Last edited by vlad_impaler on Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kiddo
Extra Member

Postby Kiddo » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:08 pm

Haha, I guess Oslo is as remote as Podgorica... Goes both ways...

swarthofole
Extra Member

Postby swarthofole » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:19 am

vlad_impaler wrote:And I have the impression it's the same with Romania, although we are connected to Copenhagen and Stocklholm with direct flights.

Bucharest is connected to Oslo Sandefjord, vlad, don't worry. Since a long time ago...

Contrats to Larvik for this unexpected but deserved win.
Live long and prosper.

vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic

Postby vlad_impaler » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:13 am

swarthofole wrote:
Bucharest is connected to Oslo Sandefjord, vlad, don't worry. Since a long time ago...

Contrats to Larvik for this unexpected but deserved win.

Yes, I found it, thanks. Very strange, and it's direct. This Momondo is a stupid site if you don't choose a late date. =P~ Trip for me!

Return to “Female Handball”