Danish League 2018/19

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
maz
Extra Member

Danish League 2018/19

Postby maz » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:41 am

Another year, another topic.

With the u20 championship ending I thought about breakthrough players of the upcoming season. Lundgreen would for sure have been on the list if she didn't get injured. My list looks like this right now:

Anna Kristensen, goalkeeper for Skanderborg: Probably the young player with the most hype surrounding her. As a 16 year old goalkeeper she shut down several 1st division teams. Monika Kongsgaard is their starting goalkeeper but they know and everybody knows that it’s a matter of time before Anna Kristensen is the premier keeper in Skanderborg. It will be interesting to see her develop in Skanderborg

Ida Lagerbon, playmaker for Ringkøbing: The best 1st division player last year in my opinion. Her bounce back from her ACL tear has been incredible. I think she will get a ton of responsibility in Ringkøbing and she is mature enough to thrive under the added pressure. Amazing for Ringkøbing that they got her under contract. Several teams wanted her.

Mirja Lyngsø, pivot for Aalborg: Lyngsø has tried a ton of positions but have found her place as the Aalborg-pivot and a fantastic central defender. She will not light up the scoresheet but she is one of the most reliable defenders in Denmark and Aalborg will need that in their first season.

Lea Hansen, right wing for Silkeborg: Probably my candidate for breakthrough player of the year. I talk about her a lot because she is the most dominant youth player I have watched in a long time, and I have watched a few. She will be the starting right wing for Silkeborg for most of the season. She is an incredible athlete, she just needs to add the consistency because her finishing has improved a great deal as well.

maz
Extra Member

Re: Danish League 2018/19

Postby maz » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:30 pm

Now look at this. A very serious poll from Europamester about who will win the Danish League this season.
That third place looking very realistic 8:) 8:)

Veselin

Postby Veselin » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:25 pm

maz wrote:Now look at this. A very serious poll from Europamester about who will win the Danish League this season.
That third place looking very realistic 8:) 8:)

Esbjerg with newcomers:Breistøl,Jensen,Jacobsen,Jørgensen can fight for title.It become tradition that Danish clubs which play in CL don’t win title in National competition in the same season,so I think that Københavan and Odense will not win title.Nykobing will be so interesting team with:Sakura,Sunami and one of the best young right backs-Housheer.FCM will be weaker,but it will be nice to see their new players:Skogrand,Iversen...

Mixball
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Mixball » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:49 pm

Video proof is introduced this season in TV transmitted matches (and only).
In 9 possible situations the referees can use video as a help. Its a copy of what has been used in the latest WC and EC.
http://sport.tv2.dk/haandbold/2018-08-1 ... mme-i-brug
I welcome your post with enthusiasm.Image

Anol
Regular

Postby Anol » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:14 pm

Mixball wrote:Video proof is introduced this season in TV transmitted matches (and only).
In 9 possible situations the referees can use video as a help. Its a copy of what has been used in the latest WC and EC.
http://sport.tv2.dk/haandbold/2018-08-1 ... mme-i-brug

while I generally applaude the use of video, I don't like the fact that it will only be used in the televised matches, I don't like it one bit. It basically means that the bigger teams with more televised matches potentially can benefit or get punished more than let's say EH Aalborg who will have fewer televised matches. Either do it for all matches or none, but maybe I'm just overthinking this :-k

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:59 pm

Yeah, it doesn't really make sense to do it in some matches and not in the others. It's going to be weird. One week it's a possibility, next week it's not. When you are in attendance, it's often not really clear whether or not the match is televised (might just be me).

But it won't be implemented for the non-televised matches in the near future and might never will. There just isn't a technical way it could be done without it being too much of a cost. Money is already an issue.

Germanicus
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Germanicus » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:14 pm

Anol wrote:
Mixball wrote:while I generally applaude the use of video, I don't like the fact that it will only be used in the televised matches, I don't like it one bit.

Theoretically you're right. However, in broadcasted games everything is there what is needed for video decisions. In all the rest of the games it shoud have be installed by the handball federation - financing included.
In conclusion, I declare that EHF must be destroyed

Anol
Regular

Postby Anol » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:24 pm

Germanicus wrote: However, in broadcasted games everything is there what is needed for video decisions. In all the rest of the games it shoud have be installed by the handball federation - financing included.

I agree, but there is no chance that the federation is gonna do that

HammerA
Regular

Postby HammerA » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:19 pm

How does your power ranking look for this season? Please explain your choices :D

Anol
Regular

Postby Anol » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:03 pm

HammerA wrote:How does your power ranking look for this season? Please explain your choices :D

I'll get the ball rolling. this is the stading as I think it will be after the mainround, so not who will be champion.

1st.Odense. They finally have someone that can play instead of Stine J, they are superior squaddepth compared to the rest.
2nd. Esbjerg. We have put together a good team together with a lot of different qualities. I honestly think that Esbjerg has been strenghtened the most out of all the teams.
3rd. København They have a quality team, but I don't think they've added enough squad depth for them not being heavily burdened by playing Champions League
4th or 5th. HIH or VHK For me this is a toss up. HIH has certainly been strengtened on the pivot position but VHK has been the same on RB and RW.
6th. Nykøbing FH watched them play Odense this weekend, and they were rubbish at this point. Further more I think that Sunami will have trouble coping with the physicality of the defenders. Even the smaller Odense defenders just shut her down completely.
7th. Silkeborg They'll be fun to watch, high pace all the way, but the loss of Skogrand will be tough.
8th. RHK Once Dalby, Müller and Roberts have had some games together they will have a decent starting 7.

getting tired of writing so the rest will be as follows:
9. TTH
10. Aarhus
11. Ajax
12. Aalborg
13. Ringkøbing
14. Skanderborg

Go ahead and tell why i'm totally wrong about everything :lol:

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:58 pm

I can also give it a go.

#1 Odense: Superior squad to the rest of the league, if you ask me. They certainly have the depth to both be good in the league and still compete in Champions League. They keep the same main core and add quality players to it.

#2 Viborg HK: I think this is the true season where Viborg puts it all together and will compete for the title. Hanna Daglund is back from the concussion and she was for me the best goalkeeper in the league last fall. I have a soft spot for Viborg because I just love their players, so I might be overrating them a bit, but how can you go against Kristina Jørgensen, Line Uno, Ida-Marie Dahl and so on :)

#3 Team Esbjerg: Great, great additions to the team. I think Annette Jensen is the best player they have signed, and I'm not sure she is going to even start for them, so that tells you about the quality team they have. Line Jørgensen is the perfect Jesper Jensen-player to stabilize the defense and the offense will have a ton of firing power.

#4 København: Mia Rej is the best player in the league but can she keep carrying København even with Champions League and all? I think it will take a toll on their placement in the league but they still have a good team. I think there is somewhat of a gap between the first three and the next. I'm looking forward to watching Nusser and Andrea Hansen in action.

#5 Herning-Ikast: It's kind of a rebuild-year for HIH. You cannot replace Veronica Kristiansen, so they will have to all step up to make sure they don't feel her loss too much. I think Fauske is a candidate for breakthrough player of the year as I think she will be the leader for this HIH-team. Sarah Iversen is of course a fantastic addition.

#6 Silkeborg: I think they will sneak up ahead of NFH. Sofie Bæk is the best fastbreak player, and that is the strategy in Silkeborg. Let Sofie Bæk carry the ball at a high speed and create chances. From the pre-season matches I've watched with them, Lea Hansen is going to be a star with Lyksborg out. Easy to root for Silkeborg with their team.

#7 NFH: I love Jakob Larsen but I think they will need time for this team to play well. Sarah Iversen is a massive loss and all due respect to Lagerquist, she's no Sarah Iversen for NFH.

#8 Aarhus United: Homerism hits hard here but I think we can compete for this. Celine Lundbye is everything we needed at the right back. She is dynamic and a threat to shoot from distance. Simone Petersen might have been the most spectacular player last season and she will hopefully keep developing. She is already a superstar in Aarhus.

#9 Randers: I just don't like the Randers-team. I think they are pretty ordinary with a few stars. Julia Eriksson excites me and Camilla Degn is a fantastic player, but they just don't do it for me.

#10 TTH: Simply too many new players, injuries and players returning from injury to get further up. Only having Lærke Christensen as the right back is not a good look for them as she hasn't been performing for a long time. Mathilde Hylleberg can of course do a job as the right back as well. Neesgaard returning from injury will be exciting to follow

#11 EH Aalborg: They have signed so many of my favorite players and former Aarhus-players, so have can I not put them at a decent spot? Laura Damgaard and Line Berggren is such an exciting playmaker-duo and I'm looking forward to seeing them get challenged in the league.

#12 Ringkøbing: Signing of the summer is for me Ringkøbing signing Ida Lagerbon. She will get a ton of responsibility on the team and I think she will carry them far. Having her mixed with players like Mejlvang and Karlsson. Ringkøbing is all of a sudden an interesting team after a few boring years.

#13 Skanderborg: They do need some quality and they will have a tough time but they still have a some players who have experience in the league. Sidsel Mejlvang is ready to be one of their leaders in their return and then they also have the big goalkeeper-talent in Anna Kristensen. Mette Brandt is the player to watch. She had an up and down-season in the 1st divison last year but maybe she can make it work on loan. She has a ton of talent.

#14 Ajax: I like their team but I think they are going to struggle without Ida-Marie Dahl and Cecilie Specht

Probably a terrible prediction but there goes nothing :lol:

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:06 am

Where can I find a overwiev of tv-matches?

red and white
Handball Fan-atic

Postby red and white » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:18 am

Lucy wrote:Where can I find a overwiev of tv-matches?

Here you go:

http://www.dhf.dk/haandbold-i-tv/

The league starts tonight with a very interesting clash between Viborg HK - NFH. However, it´s not televised for some reason.

Jessen
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Jessen » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:55 am

Herning-Ikast – København 30-29 (15-17)

Herning-Ikast: Helene Gigstad Fauske 9 :D , Stine Ruscetta Skogrand 9 :D , Emma Friis 4, Tonje Løseth 3, Louise Burgaard 2, Sarah Iversen 1, Anne Mette Pedersen 1, Julie Gantzel Pedersen 1

København: Mia Rej 5, Thea Mørk 5, Mai Kragballe 4, Debbie Bont 3, Kelly Dulfer 3, Jenny Alm 3, Anne Cecilie De La Cour 2, Linn Blohm 2, Maria Lykkegaard 2

Norwegians on fire :lol:
So Thorrir’s 2nd choices are doing pretty well too.
Fauske is the present topscorer of the Danish league.

Return to “Female Handball”